I have pets!!

• We have 3 cats (no pictures of them though...they are sneaky that way), and 3 dogs...sort of.

We have Trixie, a 2 year old border collie cross, whom we fostered for the SPCA, and ended up falling in love with:

Trixie.jpg

And Hunny, our 6 month old chihuahua cross that my little girls fell in love with (don't have a picture of her, had a major computer crash, and have limited hard drive space for now)

And Spice we will be getting at the end of the month. She's a 5 year old Landseer Newfoundland, and a retired breeder. She weighs in at 130lbs, and could stand to lose 5-10lbs. She's able to handle our cold Canadian winter weather, and will be my walking buddy up to about -25C, which is my cut off.

Spicy-1.jpg

So, there are my pets

EDITED to add: And yes, if I had known we were going to get Spice, when we named Hunny, her name would have indeed been Sugar instead! lol

• cute names and cute babies! please share pics of Hunny when you're able to.
  • I've heard that if your dog is fat then you are not getting enough exercise. Tis True, tis true!! My ShihTzu, Baxter, who is 8 years old is very "fluffy". I haven't been walking him as it has been cold & icy outside So he & I have been "doing fireplace". Just wait until the snow is gone (at least the ice) though - he will be surprised....off the couch & outside! And maybe even back into dog agility! Look out Baxter! LOL LOL
  • Here is a picture of Hunny!

DSC00067.jpg

As you can see, she's not exactly built for cold prairie winters, which is actually why/how we got her. As an 8 week old puppy, she was living outside, on a farm, while temperatures got below freezing. We just couldn't leave her there, so here she is.

• Oh my gosh! How can anyone leave their dog outside in freezing prarie winters? Or any where they can't be safe & warm. I just don't get it. Hunny is lucky to have you!