Old 06-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Default My Cat is a Jerk

My cat got really thin after she ran away from a pet sitters house and was on her own for 2 months. So I've been beefing her back up and when I took her to the vet I was told that she is perfect now and should get back to feeding her normal amounts.

She does not appreciate this. And she is a very smart, very vocal cat. And she has taken to annoying the crap out of me for revenge. She chews on cardboard, messes with the blinds, and headbutts me while crying all night. I may never sleep again.

I guess it's practice for when I have kids.
KsLittleSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/157/135

Height: 5'3"

I have dogs but I am thinking playing or exercising her might help
TeamsterGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

She's a Norwegian Forest cat and she spends about half the day running around my yard with my tortie and now that I'm home all day I play with her a lot too. Her breed is just very vocal and bossy and I'm sure she's a little stressed from going on the lam for a while. Hopefully she'll settle down once she realizes that she still gets fed.

What kind of dogs do you have? I'm hoping to get a dog when I move to my new property in Oregon, but it would be too hard to move across the country with 2 cats, 2 rats and a dog so I have to wait. -_-
KsLittleSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I so can commiserate with you. I have a cat that is the most stubborn, vocal and annoying cat on the planet. He's overweight, and trying to have him on the proper amount of food is so tough. He whines like a 2 year old kid- follows me around yowling. I have to feed my other cat in the bathroom with the door closed so that Clem won't steal all his food, and Clem will throw himself bodily into the door and just create a huge ruckus. I even took him to the vet to see if there was something physically wrong with him but apparently he's just a brat, lol.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Late to this thread but laughed at the title My Cat is a Jerk. I guess all cats can be jerks. It's sort of their modus operandi and part of their charm. Except when they keep us awake. I love my cat to bits. Rescued her a year ago. The first few months she hid on top of fridge or closet shelf. I had to sit on the living room floor with my head down and hands in, before she slowly approached me. This girl was running feral on the street and might even have been born on the street.

Fast forward a year later and she is one happy girl. Her favorite thing is play time, but she'll also cuddle with me in bed which I (((love))). She loves to be brushed and sit on a leash on my porch in summer months. This summer I'm buying a cat knapsack to take her for walks. I've walked her on the leash but it's not like walking a dog so I get zero exercise value. I miss her when I'm at work and will miss her terribly when I go on vacation for 3 weeks. I hired a house/pet sitter that will live at my place to feed her, change litter and play/cuddle. Someone coming in twice/day for 3 weeks is not enough for my princess ha ha.
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/185/110

This thread is very funny, I don't have and I have never had a cat so can't understand most cat habits but I have had dogs in the past. One thing, I learned from my experience of raising a dog is that, all they need is a companion (a human companion, a toy companion etc.). So, when she was the only dog I had she used to trouble me a lot but when I got another dog, he became her companion so she stopped troubling me. Occasionally they both used to fight with each other but most of the times they were happy and playful around each other.
The sad part was when they both passed away, the difference of days between their passing away was just 9 days.
I would suggest all pet owners to let your pets trouble/love/play with you as much as "you can" and "they want".... because it can be extremely depressing when they go.
molyru is offline   Reply With Quote