Old 09-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Wink the three little puppies

My dog recently had her babies and now they are 4 weeks old! They are so adorable when I look at them I just can't help but put a smile on my face. They are walking and wagging their tails and soon they will all begin to run around the house chasing me and pooping and peeing around the house! Gosh I will have such good times with them but soon they will have to be given away cause I already have 6 dogs in my house including the 3 puppies. Anyone ever had to say goodbye to a pet that you got really attached too??? I have to post some pictures of them as soon as I get my camera back, you guys will get to see how adorable they are!

-The first picture looks like he is about to bust a karate move =) So adorable!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pup1.JPG (23.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg pup3.JPG (38.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Snapshot_20090922_1.jpg (28.3 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by cheerios; 09-22-2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Finally found my camera charger and usb!
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

No because every animal I get I keep, cause I cant let go. Good luck!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

How are your puppies doing? My puppy just turned one about a month ago. She's a Teddy Bear (Bichon/Shi tzu) She only weighs ten pounds, so she will always be a puppy to me! Now...putting weighloss into this post- Sometimes I wish the only way that I ate is if someone would feed me. Then maybe I would eat the right foods and only when nescessary! When my dog or cats beg me for food, I say...Didn't I just feed you? Or: It's not mealtime yet! Then they look at me as to say: "Then why do you get to eat more than 3 times a day?" And: "Why do you get to eat that if it's not good for you?" It's so true, isn't it?

Last edited by Freckles; 09-16-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #4  

Oh! I forgot to comment about giving animals away. I have 6 pets-4 cats, 1 dog and a quaker parrot. (Almost forgot, a fish aquarium too.) The only pets that we went out to buy was our cat that's 15 y/o, our dog and the fish. The other's pretty much turned up on our porch due to our neighbor's cat having babies at our house! The cat, which I named "Mama" (Short for Hot Mama)-her original name was Nosey. Mama would always come to our house to have her kittens. We would take Mama & her kittens back to the neighbors and the next morning Mama would be back with the entire litter! The first 2 litters, we kept one kitten from each litter and gave away the rest. (The neighbors got used to us being the "Foster Parents". Finally, we got sick & tired of being Foster Parents to kittens and asked our neighbor if we could adopt Mama. Our neighbors let us adopt Mama and not long after that, she was spayed & kept indoors! (She occasionally gets let outside, but not for long.) Last, but not least, I was house sitting the Quaker Parrot, his name is Hondo. The guy was out of town for two weeks. When he returned Hondo didn't want anything to do with the guy anymore. The guy asked if I could pick up Hondo and take him back to the Pet Store. I didn't have a heart to do that, so took Hondo home with me. I tried really hard to find Hondo a good home, but no one wanted him. He's been with us for two years now and is my BIGGEST baby of the house! He is quite the talker too!
Well, I guess that's it for now. I hope I didn't bore you with my animal story!

Last edited by Freckles; 09-16-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

finally added pictures!
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:58 AM   #6  

Thanks Cheerios for adding these posts to a new thread! I thought that you named this thread "The Three Little Puppies" for You, your friend and I because we are starting our new weightloss journey together! Ha! Ha! The puppies are cute and so playful! DD needs the 'puter again, so I'll post more later. TTFN!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:02 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I could never get rid of a pet I had! I really want to foster animals because there are so many dogs and cats that need homes but I know it would be so hard for me to give them up. I keep going back to it though because animals are really suffering right now with the economy as there are way too many
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #8  

Nelie,
It's such a huge commitment, but if you think you could do it, please do!

I adopted a Rottweiler in 2007, and because I lost my job and was in extreme danger of losing my house, I had to give him back to the rescue. Thank God they had a foster who could take him in.

I know it would be hard to give them up to their forever homes, but you'd be doing so much good, and saving so many lives. Foster parents are angels on earth for homeless animals!
Morrobay1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #9  

My friend is a foster parent and loves it! She even has a hard time parting with them once the are placed with a permanent family! But, then they are just excited when another one comes to their house!

I was telling Cheerios in a PM that I had the urge for something sweet & crunchy yesterday. Unfortunately, I had to wait until this morning to go grab some off of our tree. I took them in, washed them up and they looked really good; no bruises and no big blemishes. I bit in to a few of them and they were wormy. I went back out and grabbed some more and they were delicious! It took my craving away for something sweet & crunchy!