uncoordinated dogs

• I swear my dogs trip themselves on flat surfaces.

I have a corgi blue healer mix. They just were never meant to go down stairs. I can't even remember how many times he's tripped on the last two steps and fallen *** over tit. He's hilarious when he does this because he tries to play it off like it didn't happen. XD

My other dog is a mini aussie and she all leg. The other day she took a running leap for the couch, over shot it and went flying over the back. She was so bewildered.
  • Just a little concerned that your corgi trips on your steps. You may want to consider a baby gate to prevent accidents. Less expensive than a vet bill!
    I keep one all the time in addition to plastic fencing that I wrap around the wrought-iron- that prevents the puppies from 'exploring' a shortcut downstairs. Not cosmetically appealing - but so what - my dogs are safe.
    Next house - a ranch style!
  • He only trips on the last step because he wants to jump to the floor. I rent the bottom of the house, so i rarely go upstairs anyway. And yeah, there is a baby gate... but that's mostly to protect the cat upstairs from the dogs.
  • I raise and show harl danes. They are incredibly wonderful dogs, but there is nothing in the world clumsier than a male dane pup. With 2 grown danes and one 10 week old male, when the 3 of them are coming down the hallway, you'll hear a light 'tic-tic' sound of the 2 adults, with the sound of an elephant coming from the baby. They may try to lift their leg to wiz at 10 months, but you spend the next 4 months having to wash the back of their front legs off where they lose their balance and 'overshoot'. I wouldn't trade them for the world, but they definitely aren't the most graceful creatures at that age (but without a doubt the most likable because of their sweet nature).
  • My dog does that on the stairs all the time - he gets so excited by the time he gets to the bottom that he jumps off and slides into the wall. I'm glad other puppies are as silly as mine.