Old 12-20-2008, 02:16 AM   #1  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Default uncoordinated dogs

I swear my dogs trip themselves on flat surfaces.

I have a corgi blue healer mix. They just were never meant to go down stairs. I can't even remember how many times he's tripped on the last two steps and fallen *** over tit. He's hilarious when he does this because he tries to play it off like it didn't happen. XD

My other dog is a mini aussie and she all leg. The other day she took a running leap for the couch, over shot it and went flying over the back. She was so bewildered.
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:36 AM   #2  

Just a little concerned that your corgi trips on your steps. You may want to consider a baby gate to prevent accidents. Less expensive than a vet bill!
I keep one all the time in addition to plastic fencing that I wrap around the wrought-iron- that prevents the puppies from 'exploring' a shortcut downstairs. Not cosmetically appealing - but so what - my dogs are safe.
Next house - a ranch style!
2fat2bphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:34 AM   #3  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

He only trips on the last step because he wants to jump to the floor. I rent the bottom of the house, so i rarely go upstairs anyway. And yeah, there is a baby gate... but that's mostly to protect the cat upstairs from the dogs.
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #4  
klc

I raise and show harl danes. They are incredibly wonderful dogs, but there is nothing in the world clumsier than a male dane pup. With 2 grown danes and one 10 week old male, when the 3 of them are coming down the hallway, you'll hear a light 'tic-tic' sound of the 2 adults, with the sound of an elephant coming from the baby. They may try to lift their leg to wiz at 10 months, but you spend the next 4 months having to wash the back of their front legs off where they lose their balance and 'overshoot'. I wouldn't trade them for the world, but they definitely aren't the most graceful creatures at that age (but without a doubt the most likable because of their sweet nature).
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #5  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

My dog does that on the stairs all the time - he gets so excited by the time he gets to the bottom that he jumps off and slides into the wall. I'm glad other puppies are as silly as mine.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote