Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #1  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Default Pregnancy Check-In

Well, I am now 28 weeks and 2 days, I can't believe I'm in the third trimester already. Time is really flying now. I had my 28 week checkup today and everything seems really good. I had my biggest weight gain so far between 24-28 weeks, but my total is right at 10lbs. I'm hoping not to go over 15, so I seem to be on track for that. If I do go a bit over 15, even up to 20, I'm not going to worry. I just want to be sure that I only gain baby weight, and I know if I gain much more than that, it's because I'm not eating healthy foods. I know I'm not overeating on veggies.

Today I realized I may not be attended by my OB at my delivery. At my next two visits, I will meet the other 2 OBs in the practice, in case I deliver on a night or weekend and my own doctor is not the one on call. I mean, I knew going into a shared practice that this might happen, but I guess actually meeting the other doctors is really making me picture it happening. My only concern is that I'll be having a cyst operated on right after delivery and while I'm sure any qualified ob/gyn can do this, I am far more comfortable with my own doctor. For this reason I may ask about induction when we get further along. I don't WANT to be induced, but I also don't want to be operated on by someone I don't know very well.

Anyway, that's all I've got so far. Anyone else want to give an update on how their pregnancy is going?
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #2  
resident lactivist

Just make sure your cervix is ripe if you go in for an induction. I'm generally not a fan of internals, but if you think an induction might be in your cards, get checked. Induction + unripe cervix usually = c-section for failure to progress. (And do not let them use Cytotec if you do get induced!) And that's the end of my unsolicited advice, except to note that time doesn't really slow down like it seems.

I know how you feel about possibly having a different doctor, though. During my first birth, while I was in labor I saw two different doctors (I think I scared the first one 'cause I argued with him) and then a third actually did the c-section. Not one of those three were among the dozen or so different doctors I'd seen during my prenatal care, either! Be very glad you're not at the mercy of military medicine.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:25 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Mary~Your problam could be related to the extra hormones, but definitely ask your doc at your next visit. If it gets worse before then, you should, atleast, call the doc and see if he/she can answer your question.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #4  

Hi Marbear, I had the runs in the first 6 weeks too. Its normal.
I have been a bit depressed this pregnancy. Its the second one, and to be honest I do not enjoy much about being pregnant. Except eating withut guilt.
Anyhow, looking after my 18month old has been a drag some days when I just want to sleep in all day(like today).
I do miss having a nice glass of champers (its summer here).
Hoo roo
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:20 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Mary: I went to the Dominican Republic during my 6th week and got what I thought was a case of Traveler's Diarhea. It's fairly normal. If you're suffering too bad, you can also try the brat diet (Bananas, rice, apples sauce and toast). Due consult with your doctor, I passed out at one point due to dehydration, so drink lots of liquids.

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #6  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I am 13 weeks now. Gained 1 lb so far. Been constipated big time! So uncomfy. I look at least 6 months along, guess that is what happens with your 5th pregnancy. lol
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:46 PM   #7  
resident lactivist

I usually would hit the morning sickness right around 6 weeks, though it was a lot sooner this last time. I never did get breast tenderness.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:06 AM   #8  
you can call me flower

My breast tenderness started at about 7 weeks. I never really had it before with my sons. Nausea about the same time. Started earlier with the boys too.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:24 AM   #9  
Running Babe

Mary - wow, what some people say (yup, extremely insensitive, don't listen to them)... A lot of times, Morning Sickness doesn't kick in until the 6-10th week and for some like me, I got it really mildly. Some bad nausea, but that was it. My main symtpom during the 6-10 week part was wanting to sleep all the time!!!

Also every pregnancy is different too, my mom had zero symptoms with me, but with my brothers she couldn't keep any food down.

As for breast tenderness, I have polycystic breasts, so they were always sore before my TOM anyway, so I am not surprised they've been sore since before I knew I was pregnant!

BTW: I am so scared to step on the scale at my Drs appointment on Jan 3, I have been eating so badly...

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:33 AM   #10  

Hi Guys. So this is where the preggos are hanging out. Just wanted to add my 2 cents to a few subjects.

Mary- my morning sickness kicked in at 5 1/2 weeks and didn't leave until 14 1/2 but I still throw up on thursdays. No kidding. The last 4 in a row just before bed. Don't know what that's about. My sister just had a 9 1/2 pound baby last week and she NEVER felt sick at all so dont feel bad if you don't get it, celebrate! My boobs never hurt with this one but the one I lost over the summer, they did. I do have the sense of fullness now but that will come later. Just pray you don't get the heart burn from **** real early like I did. I can handle it in the end but its no fun while you're sick too.

Ali- I hadn't gained any weight as of my 16 wk app't and had even lost 20 pounds but I feel like the scales will break in 2 more weeks. I am so nervous of that but thankful that my Dr doesn't yell at pregnant women. LOL

Has anyone spaced their babies as far as I have? My youngest will be 11 in March. It took 10 years to get ready to do it for the final time. It's like being PG for the first time all over again so far.
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:54 AM   #11  

Mary I was really starving early on in my PG as well just before my m/s kicked in and as nasty as that was, I"m glad it did to help me reserve so weight gain. Now I am back to being hungry a lot again and it may even be some indigestion for me cause your food is suppose to digest slower during PG. I have no clue but I am eating all the time now and I know my weight will be up higher than ever in 12 more days.
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Hello! I'm 37 weeks today with my first! So far I've gained 35 lbs. In regard to the question about breast tenderness, I believe mine started around 4 weeks, right around when I got the BFP.

I think my pattern of weight gain has been pretty typical. I lost a couple pounds the first trimester. I pigged out at the very beginning and as soon as m/s hit I couldn't get anything down.

I gained the most weight during the second trimester (I remember it was 9lbs one month and 7 the next! That definitely freaked me out!). I was very hungry all the time.

The gain has slowed considerably during the third trimester. I imagine being in the third trimester is like a very mild version of having been through gastric bypass! If you overeat at all, you feel it! At my first appointment in the third tri, I had only gained one pound in the previous month; at the second (three weeks later) I gained 5, and at the last (two weeks later) I was back down a pound. I was really surprised at this last appointment because I really did manage to pig out Christmas weekend even though I feel full all the time.

All the gain is very scary for me since I worked so hard to lose at least this much weight 4 years ago, and managed to keep it off for the most part. But on the positive side, I know that I weighed at least as much as I do now in the past, and I wasn't even 37 weeks pregnant! And since I got married the weight had slowly started to creep back on because I wasn't as motivated as I had been to stay in shape. At this point, I just can't wait to start exercising and watching what I eat again, and I hadn't felt that way for a very long time!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. I am 25 weeks pregnant and have gained 20lbs so far. About 3 weeks ago my Dr. suggested I start watching what I eat because he said I was gaining to fast. Since then I have started to watch what I put in my mouth. It has made a HUGE difference in how I feel and the scale reflects it as well. He pretty much suggested staying away from sweets and getting all my carbs in from good sources like dairy, fruit, veggies, whole grains, etc. Pretty much common sense, but it made a difference hearing it from him. I hope to keep my weight gain to no more than 1/2 a pound a week for the rest of my pregnancy which will put me at about 28lbs gained overall. We'll see how it goes from here. Somedays it's so much easier than others. I also hope to get back in the gym next week. I have been slacking for the last 2 weeks or so. Darn holidays!
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:46 AM   #14  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Hey everybody! I haven't logged on in awhile, who knows why. I suppose we just get busy at times. Glad to hear everyone is doing so well, though. I am now 30 weeks + 3 days pregnant. Less than 10 weeks til my due date! Whoopee!!

We had a scare on Tuesday night this week. I started bleeding bright red and having bad lower belly pain. We went to triage at the hospital. They put me on monitors, took my vitals, and both I and my baby looked fine. The nurse checked my cervix, which was closed tight & very thick still. But the bleeding was definitely coming from there, because after the exam, her glove had blood on it. I was told to rest as much as possible for the next 2 days then come in to see my doctor. So yesterday we did that. They put me on the monitors again and again, everything looks great. They tested my blood to see if I have any fetal cells in my system; I'm rh negative and may need another dose of rhogam if I do. I hope not! Otherwise, the bleeding stopped and I'm just to 'take it easy' and rest a lot and drink al ot of water. Let them know if it starts again or if anything else changes.

My weight on Tuesday was 220.5, which means I've gained 8lbs from my prepregnancy weight of 212.5. I actually lost a few lbs in the beginning though so I've gained more than that. I'm counting from what I weighed when I found out I was pregnant though, it's easier to remember that #. . . so I hope I won't have trouble at least getting back to 212.5 after he's born, then working from there.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:27 PM   #15  
you can call me flower

Heather-how scary! How are you doing now?

Dana, I got you beat, in one regard, the age difference btwn oldest and youngest. My oldest will be 16 the day after V-Day. I have a 12 year old and a 5 year old too. I am 36, will be 37 in March. I am due Jue 23rd. I am 15 weeks today.

I too have to eat every few hours or I shake, it is a form of hypoglycemia. I can't eat anything big, kids meals are the limit. Even then I am full-full. I am trying to skip artificial sweeteners, but I feel guilty using real sugar after so many years of dieting!

I had the flu on Xmas Eve. I am very antsy for my next checkup. I need reassurance baby is okay. Still too early to feel regular movement.