Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-05-2005, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5'1

Default New breastfeeding mommy here!

My name is Jessamy, I have two beautiful daughters. Kelci is 3 and such a big helper and Kena is almost 3 months. We are only breastfeeding at this time due to possible allergies. I am also restricted from dairy, I was restricted to dairy and soy, but I have added soy back in and she seems alright with it. Kena has severe reflux and is on 2 different medications at this time.

I am ready to let the weight shred off now. I need some mommy baby exercises, since Ms. Kena thinks she is queen and needs to be held every second!
Jessamybowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #2  

Congrats and welcome! Wish I had some helpful advice for you, but I'm struggling myself trying to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully someone here can lend you some wisdom.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:52 PM   #3  
resident lactivist

Thumbs up

I feel for you on the reflux issue. My middle daughter had a pretty mild case and that was miserable enough!

My favorite exercise is always going to be walking. We have a Safety 1st Two Ways Tandem Stroller that I bought when Linda was about six or eight months old (had a cheaper one before that). Since the front seat flips to face the back seat, they really loved it since they could play together. I'd load them up in that and take them for walks. You could also get a sling or a front carrier like an Infantino (you can find them quite easily at Wal-Mart) and push your older in the stroller and wear the younger.

Of course, it's getting late in the year...If it's too cold where you are to realistically get out and walk, you can try something like yoga. There's a book called Yoga Mama, Buddha Baby that's specficially about yoga to do with your baby. My oldest, who's 3.5, even got in on the prenatal yoga I was doing, though of course she wasn't too good at it. Pilates will work too, but really walking is the best way to keep your princess held and get your exercise in too. If she'll take being sat down for a little while, you can maybe get some dance DVDs to do with your older daughter (or just play music and dance around); that may well amuse the younger as well.

Welcome, in other words!
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:21 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I use either a stroller or Snuggli harness and go for walks. I also put my son in his bouncer on the floor next to me and he stays interested watching me do situps and stretches.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 02:09 PM   #5  

Yes I have an awesome peanut shell sling, best thing ever invented! It is already to cold for me to walk around the neighborhood here. She will only sit in her swing or bouncer for maybe 5 minutes before screaming her head off!

Has anyon ever walked on a treadmill w/ their baby. I think this is a bit hazardous but just curious.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

I thought the Snuggli was hard to get him into as well, until I figured out the dynamics of it. It's not all that difficult. It's just that they don't come with good instructions. LOL I just keep the straps loose enough, have the Snuggli on with the flap fully opened and on my lap. Place him in there, bring him to a sitting position, buckle it up, then snug the straps firm.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:24 PM   #7  

yea, I woulnd not jog just walk. I am too scared to do it though.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:19 PM   #8  
Tired Mommy of Two Girls

Unhappy New here!

Hi there.

I just found this forum this morning. I just had my second daughter on 10/13, the first born on 12/23/03. She has just been a delight so far but she is also starting to want to be held a lot! I have illusions of doing my 20 minute DVD while the girls went down for a nap but she isn't even letting me type!

I'm wanting to get my feet under me quicker than I did with my first. I was able to lose all the weight but waited 3 months and also took about 8 months to do it. I want to at least start to eat healthier now. I nursed my first for 11 months and then she decided she was done. Don't know how long this one will go but I am HUNGRY!!!

I am so glad to have found this thread. Hope to hear from you!
Heather
hmksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:54 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

Heather, if you're hungry, you need to consider altering your diet. It's likely you won't stick with it if you feel that hungry. Try getting more protein and fiber to fill you up. What are you eating in a normal day?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:00 PM   #10  
resident lactivist

Heather, a sling or a soft harness-type carrier like a Snugli or Infantino is a lifesaver for a baby who wants to be held all the time. Of course, mine wants to nurse every waking moment. (Half the time I'm typing one-handed, but she's asleep right now.) And Almostheaven is absolutely right to say to get more protein & fiber; not only will that help you fill up, but protein helps with milk production.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:09 PM   #11  
Tired Mommy of Two Girls

Thanks ladies.

I do have some slings. I like the HotSlings type and I use them a bunch! Problem was yesterday my back was pinching so not even that helped! I have my MIL and FIL here this weekend so I'll get it loosened before they leave hopefully.

I eat quite a bit of protein, I think I'm just in the ramping up phase of nursing. I did this a bit with my first where I got super hungry for a few days and then was OK again. Tonight we are going to make a bit of rice to go with dinner. I find that carbs really help me when I am like this, but I always eat a bit of protein too. I think I may also be eating when I am actually THIRSTY. Duh. That I am working on today and doing things like being on this board will help me stay on that better.

My daughter is also nursing a bunch right now. My Inlaws think she has grown a bunch in the last week since they saw her last, so that makes it worth it - right?

I love you little avatar with the sling on it. Where did you find that?
Thanks for your note.
Heather
hmksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:47 AM   #12  
resident lactivist

I made my avatar, actually. The site where I got the idea for the sling baby no longer exists, unfortunately. I need to update it and add a kid.

I hear you on the constant nursing. I actually had a few minutes of quiet alert time today where she didn't want to be eating. I felt so blessed. She's got gas pretty bad though, so I'm going to start an elimination diet this coming week to see if I can figure out what it is; my middle daughter had a sensitivity to wheat.