Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 07-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Update

Hiey girls! How's everybody doing?

Well, I had my last 4 week check up on Friday-- I am now going every 2 weeks for the next month, then, on to every week! I can't believe how quickly this is all going.

I had a HUGE weight gain since last appointment 4 weeks ago. 16 lbs. Doc says I have some pretty nasty water retention and she believes it to be at least 50% of the weight gain. BP was still OK. Its been in the 90's and I have real long days. I am puffed out all over. NO Joke. Even my nose has swollen up.

Baby is now ahead of schedule by 2 weeks according to fundal height. The last appointment he was a little under schedule but by only a 1/2 of a week or so now he's 2 weeks over! The nurse and Doc measured me. That explains why I had been so fatigued over the past few weeks, baby had a huge growth spurt! I asked if I was still OK-- Doc says yes I am still within normal range for growth. Hopefully baby Carson will be a little early--at week 38 vs. 40 or after!

Hopefully he's not too big of a baby! My hubby has broad shoulders and my mother in law said he was a troublesome delivery due to that. UGH!~

I am getting so excited though, I can't believe I've only got 2 months left! Hopefully, I can stand this heat, Its been extremely rough on my body. I have not been sleeping well at night at all and due to the swelling I am experiencing, I am getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my left hand at night and it hurts so badly. Doc has prescribed wrist splints to help. I've got to go get those!

Anyway, just wanted to share an update.. Kimberlie... You still hanging on there or has he arrived yet...??? Inquiring minds...
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Wow, sorry about the swelling. Get as much rest as you can, and drink tons! These last weeks will fly by!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Ugh. Sounds like a great appt. Those wrist splints really helped me out. I would also come home and prop my feet up for about 30 minutes or so each evening to help with my fatigue and swelling.

these two weeks are going to really fly by. I measured 2 weeks ahead consistently with Lilly until about week 38 when I measured at 42 weeks. but they said that was normal and by the next week I went down and it was because she dropped.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:50 AM   #4  
resident lactivist

Heh, the many joys of fundal height measurement. I was pretty much consistent with the girls, but this one keeps bouncing to way ahead and then back to the normal range. Think it's moving around a lot.

Sorry to hear you have edema so bad, but it's a good thing that's all it is. I had pre-E with my first--very common first time mama complaint, I've been told--and that led me down the dark road of induction. Not something I'd volunteer for on my own, though it was pretty uncomplicated. I know I gained a ton of water weight with my first baby. I had to have, because I was 242 the day I had her and 219 a week later! You do lose a lot of weight at birth, but usually not that much! (I think it was more like 10 or 12 pounds the second time.)
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote