Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-23-2005, 11:45 PM   #1  

Default New Here...Nursing Mother

Im Michelle, I posted my intro over at the buddy board. And also wanted to post here. I am 25 and have 2 daughters, my 21 month old is still nursing and I want to start loosing baby weight from both children.

I started at 215 and now at 203. I have a goal of 150 and then will move that goal when I reach that milestone!

Cant wait to meet everyone!!
Michle315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Michelle! Welcome! This board started out with gusto, but has died down a little. Lets get it going again!

Congrats on nursing for 21 mos...and beyond!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 05:55 AM   #3  
resident lactivist

Welcome! It's always good to see another extended-nurser. I'm mom to two girls as well, and have a third baby on the way. I'm only nursing the fifteen-month-old right now, though. Couldn't take the idea of tandem nursing through my pregnancy. (The way my nipples are bugging me, the little one is darned lucky she hasn't been cut off yet!)

I have an ultimate goal of around 150. It's a good weight for me, and depending on what chart you look at, it's maybe even a "healthy" weight.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Michelle and welcome. I'm pregnant for the first time so my weight loss is on hold right now. GL with your weight loss!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:36 AM   #5  

I am a new mom and am exclusively nursing, we have overcome many obstacles to get to that point!!!!!!! Am having a hard time losing, any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated as I have about 60 more pounds to go...
Here is a link to a picture of my little one
http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=3X7K8B2C6C

tara
tara1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:06 PM   #6  
resident lactivist

Welcome, Tara! Cute little one you have there.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:33 PM   #7  
Trying to ditch the yo-yo

Height: 5'6"

Hi there! I'm Jenamarie and am nursing my 9 month old daughter while loosing weight. I'm a little nervous about what will happen when it comes time to wean, because I know I lost my pregnancy weight just from breastfeeding. It wasn't until she was about 4 months old that I started exercising again. :P

I went from 220lbs down to 175lbs before getting pregnant, and have now gone from 175 to 155 since March. I'm roughly doing the Dr. Phil plan. (I hate diets, so I'm just focusing on eating healthy food in moderate portions)

Good luck on reaching your goal!
Xuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 04:20 AM   #8  

Default Breastfeeding

I nursed my first daughter for 27 months. I was ready to stop, but was glad I had gone 2 years. She is soooooo smart, and I thank my nursing for that. My baby girl, Madeline is six months, and breastfeeding is going great. I share concerns of losing baby weight and have 6 more to go to pre-preg, but wanted to lose 40 before. Very overwhelming, especially since I have worked for 2 weight loss companies myself.

When I nurse, I am very hungry. I just do better when I am not nursing. However, my children's health is more important, so I will struggle for a while if I have to. I did join weight watchers, but after getting into the swing of it, quit the meetings. I figure for 48 dollars a month, my tight jeans can motivate me.

PS- is anyone else discusted with Barbara "The Nursing ****" Walters?
rworkhoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:10 AM   #9  
resident lactivist

Quote:
PS- is anyone else discusted with Barbara "The Nursing ****" Walters?
I suggested on another board that those of us who couldn't attend the nurse-in at the View instead mail them breastfeeding pictures.

And I must confess I got a Weight Watchers at Home kit off eBay. I'm not social enough for their meetings, but for some reason the meetings are all they want you to do if you're a nursing mom.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I'm also in my mid-20s and a mother of 2. My little one is a bit younger than yours but is still nursing 2x a day at 18 months old. He's happy to have his cups during the day though. Congratulations on the 12 pounds you've already lost Glad you found us here!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:07 PM   #11  

Barbara Walters isn't as bad as Star Jones. She said on the show that breastfeeding is "icky". I actually saw that show. All anyone remembers is BW's comment. Is it because we all new Star was off her rocker and we at least had some respect for Barbara?

Don't get me started! I wrote everyone on that show an email. Even Meredith to praise her for defending the breastfeeding women. What about that Ken Schram or whatever in Seattle? Did anyone see that video clip? I just don't understand how someone can relate nursing in public to urinating in a jar on the sidewalk. Grrrrr....

OK. Mommy hormones are cooling off. Welcome to the board Michle315!
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:14 AM   #12  
resident lactivist

I remember hearing about the urinating on the sidewalk comment. Sigh. It makes me want to just yank my shirt off in public to nurse. The more stupid comments I hear about NIP, the less discreet I want to be. I'm already annoyed by the proliferation of "nursing shawls" and such, though I've often been tempted to carry one around so those offended can eat their meals with a blanket over their heads...
Old 06-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #13  

Sabra-
I think you are on to something. Offended diners can eat with a blankie on their heads. God knows it is a lot easier for them to do that than to keep a hot, cranky baby under one. Not to mention, they can find their mouths easily enough. I have to constantly watch and help my poor babe get her food into her mouth. Being discrete goes right out the window when you have latch problems!
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:49 PM   #14  

I'd like to jump in with you guys! I've tried other nursing mom forums but they always peter out...I guess us moms are pretty busy, to say the least. I am still nursing my boy, he is 14 months old. I have 2 other children, a daughter who is 5 and a son who is 8. I nursed him for 9 months and we developed a biting problem we couldn't get past so we stopped. I nursed my daughter for 13 months. So this is the longest so far and I have no plans on stopping for now. He nurses in the morning and before bed.
I gained 5 pounds with marrige, and 5 for each child. I'd love to lose it all but even 10 would make me really happy. Hope to talk with everyone more often. Have a great week-end!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #15  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

This is the first I've heard of the Barbara Walters comment.

SHEESH!

Ok so if she feels uncomfortable about seeing a woman breastfeed, that's her right, but to announce her disgust over it on her widely-viewed TV program is just idiotic.

I seriously could care less if a woman pulls out her boob and sticks her baby's face on it to feed the kid. I've seen boobs before; I've got a couple of my own even. It's not a big deal to me.

It seems silly that both sides get so bent out of shape over it - the people who think breastfeeding women should be shut away in the restroom or car, and on the other hand, the people who get so angry they drag their babies out to a busy NY intersection and feed them on the sidewalk.

It's a very personal decision, and unless it's my boob or my kid, I have no opinion about what other people do.

I know that an amusement park near my home recently added a Nursing Mothers Lounge to their water park area, and some BFing moms actually got all upset saying the park was trying to force them into seclusion, which is totally untrue - they never said you MUST breastfeed there, just provided an air-conditioned (and in the midwest in July that's a plus!) room with nice comfy chairs for the mom & baby to go and have some cool, quiet place for awhile. It seems like some people - on both sides - are just looking to be offended.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote