Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-21-2005, 04:45 AM   #1  
resident lactivist

Default What do you do for exercise?

I'm not doing anything right now. It's driving me nuts because I was so active, but morning sickness just knocks me down. If I go up or down the stairs too fast, I have to lay down to recover. (And I'm only sort of whining; I know there are women who have MS so bad they have to be hospitalized!)

I used to walk. All the time. When we first moved to Hawaii we were at the Navy Lodge on Ford Island, & I walked around on the island every day. We even walked off the island to the Exchange once (six miles round trip!). I walked some once we got into housing, but it wasn't too long before I got sick, and eventually I was smart enough to figure out I was pregnant. (DH figured it out before I did. ) So no more walking for me until the MS goes away. Only (I hope) five more weeks!

I want to get into prenatal yoga too, but I need another book. I used to own Yoga Mama, Buddha Baby (which is great; it's prenatal yoga & yoga to do with baby), but I sold it right before we moved. I'm thinking about buying it again, or maybe one of the card sets with asanas.

What do the rest of y'all do? Let me live (exercise) vicariously through you!
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:48 AM   #2  

I go to a "Curves" like gym and have been going for over a year. I had to modify the circuit to not do any ab work, but I still do it 2-3 times per week. Plus I treadmill for a mile and a half 2-3 times a week also. Just now starting to hit a lazy phase where I don't wanna go
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:14 AM   #3  
maintainer wannabe

I'm doing Walk Away the Pounds. Before getting pg I was walking. We'd often got out the habit then start up again. Dh decided he wanted to go while I had ms so we did a short walk. I got too tired and ended up with pretty bad cramps (belly area). So we stopped trying to walk. After joining 3FC I decided to try WATP. That way the couch was right behind me incase I had to sit lol.

When I was pg with my 8th and 9th I had such bad pelvic joint pain by 24 weeks that I stopped walking except to go to the bathroom. Last pg I got pretty sore but I kept shopping. This time I'm 26 weeks and I can still exercise. I'm a bit sore but I can ignore it. I'm thrilled! WATP doesn't seem to aggrevate it. I was hoping to continue but thought for sure by 24 weeks I'd have to give up. Every week I continue is a bonus.

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th
hw/sw(pg)/cw/gw
272/258/239/155
mabear's homepage
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Nothing!! Seriously though, I just started back at work yesterday, and am getting back into the swing of things. I work on the 2nd floor, so I am trying to take the stairs up and down...usually I come up the elevator and down the stairs. How lazy is that?!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:56 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabear
I had such bad pelvic joint pain by 24 weeks that I stopped walking except to go to the bathroom.
This is what i am feeling now, really!
Anyway, i am still working, going to work by walk, i feel myself still active enough, but i would like to do some excercise soon. (i was an aerobic-fan before pg)
clavicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:09 AM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Mrs

I've been doing WATP, so I just kept doing that, just spending a reduced amount of time on it. Plus walking and bicycling. I did cut out the jogging and jump rope. Belly doesn't like the bouncy routine at this stage. I didn't get morning sickness, but I was extremely dizzy at times. So I'd exercise when I wasn't dizzy. You just have to work on the time of your exercise. Pick a time when you're not bowing at the bowl.

BTW, I'm around 19 weeks right now, so the dizziness has passed for me.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #7  

When I was pregnant, I had really bad pelvic and hip pain. I went to the chiropractor every week from 19 weeks to the end. That is the same time I took up water exercise classes. Towards the end, it felt so good just to get in the pool and feel lighter. It is no impact exercise, and a lot of fun.

Now I walk every day. I take Kate in the baby bjorn or sling and walk for 20-30 minutes. When it is icky out we go to the mall or Wal-Mart and walk/shop for even longer. I am going to start Post-Natal Pilates after I get the OK at my six week check up tomorrow. I'm going to start water kickboxing soon, too.

Here's Kate and Daddy when we went on a walk last week.

Meredith
205 (highest)
180 (6 weeks post-partum)
135 (goal)
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I have been a major slacker in the exercising and eating department. I am surely going to pay for it too. I have no motivation. The first trimester, I got nauseated from any simple movements and in this 2nd trimester, I have such round ligament pain. I try to walk as much as I can but I am starting to already get out of breath. I was in such great shape before getting pregnant but I have had many obsticles during my pregancny which limited my physical activity. That and I am just so tired all the time. I have an hour commute to work--- work a full day--- then an hour home (depending on traffic). After arriving home (Around 6:00pm or so) I cook dinner, clean up the dishes, get stuff ready for the next day and volia... its bedtime. Geesh, the baby isn't even here yet... I totally admire you soon to be moms that continue to keep up the excellent food intake and the exercise... How do you maintain it all??
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:20 AM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolose85
I totally admire you soon to be moms that continue to keep up the excellent food intake and the exercise... How do you maintain it all??
Well, for the first month, I ate every cheesecake and donut in site. I called that my break and then went back on the health wagon.

I'm tired a lot too, sleeping waaaaaay more than I used to. But then, I'm not working right now so have a more free schedule than I used to. I'm not sure, with work and getting the extra sleep, that I'd have much time to fit in exercise during the week.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote