Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-18-2015, 08:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Default Take two!

It's time to lose this baby weight! My little boy (fourth child) is now 5 weeks old. Had an awesome birth, achieved a VBAC and have felt terrific ever since.

Started on Monday with a SW of 74.6kg, goal is 60kg.

Weighed this morning at 73.8kg! I like to weigh everyday, keeps me accountable.

I am breastfeeding so keeping an eye on supply which seems ok at the moment, definitely had a drop but still plentiful for Bub. I also have 7 year old school boy and five & two year old at home.
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:15 PM   #2  

Today is 5 days since I started and I was 73.6 on the scales this morning, will record my official loss on Monday though.

On one hand I think a kilo loss is awesome but on the other it doesn't seem like a lot or enough for how strict and how tough it's been. When I first started my weight loss journey in 2014 (following this exact same eating plan) I lost 3kg in the first week so I was hoping for the same. I do realise though I am coming from a lighter place so that would be a factor.

I'm also so cranky in general it isn't funny. Baby sleeps horribly, wakes every 3 hours overnight maximum and is catnapping during the day. I'm getting majorly exhausted and fed up! Being hungry isn't helping because when I'm tired and out of sorts I just want to eat crap. Such a vicious cycle.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Lots of kids! Congratulation on the new one, and good luck getting back to pre-pregnancy weight.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:45 PM   #4  

Thanks Carol!

Day 6, weigh in tomorrow! Baby actually gave me a lovely four hour block of sleep last night, not that I slept for four hours as I was awake waiting for him to wake but feel more rested today in any case. He is 6 weeks tomorrow.

Exercise is pretty much non existent, short walks to bus stop for biggest boy is about it so I'm relying on staying on track food wise to lose this weight. Would love to get in some exercise but baby is not the co-operative type.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #5  

73.8kg this morning so a loss of 0.8kg for week one.

I am disappointed, have been 100% on track for the week and really did think I'd lose more than that. My husband thinks my body is fighting me as I've struggled in the past losing weight while nursing but I'm not convinced, just have to keep going and see what this week brings.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #6  

Yesterday I had a terrible day. I 'dealt' with my feelings & tiredness by eating crap; lots and lots of rubbish foods! You'd think after conquering such a big weight loss in 2014 and meeting emotional eating head on and winning I'd be better at seeing it for what it is and dealing better!?!?

Anyway, moving on today...back to it
Old 12-11-2015, 11:50 PM   #7  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Congrats on your VBAC and your son!! My son is almost 4 months old and I'm looking to get back in the game too
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote