Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 06-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Lose Weight After Baby

So my baby is 14 weeks old now. I'm still breastfeeding and plan to go on until 6 months so I still have a little under 3 months. I was at 235 at the peak of my pregnancy and got down to 207 without changing my diet. I tried dieting for a week and lost 3.5 lbs but noticed a decrease in my milk so stopped it and just gained that weight back. I decided to gradually fix my diet and exercise and hopefully gain better habits. My first one was cut back on soda. I got addicted and HAD to have some pretty much every day. I'm no longer consuming soda during the weekday and started drinking more water (LOTS). Another thing I've done is go walking 15-20 minutes daily with stroller and dog in the morning. We all enjoy it! Next steps is to find healthy recipes to try and add some strength training to my day. I can do this!
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #2  

Weighed in this morning at 205.5! down another 1.5. Pretty happy bout that!
Old 06-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #3  

Saw a video on Youtube that instead of dieting when nursing to lose weight by exercising! So I'm going to continue my walking daily but I'm also going to add a 20 minute workout video on Youtube. I also bought my Halloween costume already (it's a bit too small for me, and yes, I love Halloween a LOT) so I'm hoping it'll help boost my motivation. It's a big princess Cinderella dress <3
Old 07-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #4  

hi Sophie!! Seems like we are in a similar spot. My lo was 3 months June 19th and I'm planning to wean around 6 months. I have tried on my own to cut back on calories a little, I had even looked up what I need for BFing but my supply seems to suffer with that. I am currently on weight watchers, onky the first week, but I noticed a small decrease in my supply after a 3 lb initial loss...and I am eating all my points including activity points....I eat a mostly clean diet and exercise regular, either walk/run with double jogger or Jillian Micheals video, but my weight has stayed pretty steady. With my other kids I couldn't lose until I weaned, but I was really hoping for that to be different this time! I might just have to weight until weaning again to really focus on weight loss.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote