Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #16  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

I have just started nursing thanks to my daughter being born 2 weeks ago today.

I have lost half a pound this week - though it is probably more but I had a lot of carbs yesterday and its weigh in this morning so it could have been more if I had eaten less rice yesterday!
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm joining this club

My son is 10 days old today. He is 99% breastfed - we've done 1oz formula topoffs after cluster feeds a couple of times, but he doesn't like the formula much anyway.

Last night was the first stretch of 4 hours sleep that I got since he was born, but I woke up engorged. He drained both sides in no time flat! His stomach capacity must be increasing.

I am down about 15 lbs since birth.
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

I'm pumping for my 6 month old twins! It's a lot of work and I don't have much free time but I'm burning a lot of calories!
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 12:04 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

I'm nursing a 15 month old, and he still nurses at least every 4 hours. I'm finding it hard to keep eating healthy when all I want to do is eat. He drinks a lot when he nurses.
BryEri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:32 AM   #20  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeminijad View Post
I'm joining this club

My son is 10 days old today. He is 99% breastfed - we've done 1oz formula topoffs after cluster feeds a couple of times, but he doesn't like the formula much anyway.

Last night was the first stretch of 4 hours sleep that I got since he was born, but I woke up engorged. He drained both sides in no time flat! His stomach capacity must be increasing.

I am down about 15 lbs since birth.
I thought I was the only one. I was really upset when the nurse gave my daughter a bit of bottle. Though she ended up turning into such a lazy eater and losing weight that she is now on breast and bottle. She'll do a breast feed and this will then be followed up with bottle. She is now 8 pounds at 7 weeks and finally starting to get those baby chubby cheeks.

Still losing weight through breast feeding though and have lost all my Christmas excess now
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Anyone else still here? I was hoping to see this forum active!

I'm nursing my 6-week old still. After gaining about 30 pounds pregnant, the first 15 about dropped off right away, but since then it's been very slow going. I actually gained some back, since I didn't want to attempt dieting much to not affect my milk, plus stress eating!! But now I'm trying for a slow loss, just making healthy habits like not eating when not really hungry, and adding in a little exercise here and there too.

Luckily my milk is still coming in droves, actually has gotten an oversupply recently, and my baby is growing big!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

I am nursing my 2-month old. I have about 10 pounds to lose from this pregnancy as well as 15 pounds from my last one!
Mission2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

I have a 4 week old that is EBF. I have just under 20 lbs to lose from this pregnancy, plus another 25 after that to get to pre-baby #1 weight, then a bit more.

My weight has been pretty much the same for the past two weeks- lost maybe 3 or so pounds.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:08 PM   #24  
~Kim~

Hi everyone. I'm coming back to 3FC after a long absence and a lot of changes in my life, including a now 5 week old baby girl.

I'm nursing, but I'm also pumping and supplementing with formula. We have latching issues, and I don't seem to be producing enough milk so unfortunately I've had to start giving her formula 1 or 2 times a day. It is going better this time around then when I had my first baby though, I gave up on nursing with her after 6 weeks because I was barely producing anything at all and we were both miserable.

I'm trying to increase my supply of milk so that I don't have to increase the amount of formula I have to give this one as her appetite increase. I'm doing all the usual suggestions for a good milk supply. I'm also taking the supplement Fenugreek and I'm going to get some Mother's Milk Tea, which a friend told me is working great for her.

If anyone has had success with increasing their own supply , I'd love to hear about it!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Hi Dimples!
Off the top of my head, to increase supply have you tried:
Oatmeal/porridge, lactation cookies, pumping every couple of hours?
I've heard good things about fenugreek and the various brands of mother's milk tea.

Congrats on your little girl!
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

I'm here too! Back here, I've been away from 3FC for quite some time! I'm currently nursing my 9 month old, she nurses a lot still, and lots overnight. Mama's tired!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #27  

TooManyDimples - I had to supplement right from the beginning (I've had to supplement all 3 of my kids at the start, actually) - but with a combination of pumping and allowing free access to the breast, we were able to come off supplementing almost entirely by about 4 months. She is now 9 months and eating solids like a champ but still loves her nursies. Congrats to you by the way!!

Last edited by sept15lija; 04-16-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:05 AM   #28  

Hello ladies I'm so glad I found this thread! I am nursing a six month old and trying to lose weight at the same time. How do you ladies do it to lose weight and not supply.
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:45 PM   #29  

Campana - All I can say is you need to do it more slowly, and pay attention to your supply and how hungry you are. I lost a lot of weight while nursing my 2nd child (that's when I lost 100 pounds) and I know it did affect supply....I still did end up nursing her until 18 months though. I'm going to be a bit more careful this time to not drop calories too quickly.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:41 AM   #30  

Hi sept15lija thanks for your reply! Yes I do notice that it affects your supply. I pump at work and I normally produce enough for him to eat but yesterday my mom had to get some breast milk I had in the freezer because I only took her 3oz ��. What recommendations do u give me. Normally I would have oatmeal for breakfast to help with my supply. But would sweeten it up with sugar.
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote