Its too quiet around here! Any other summer mamas?

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Nagazim Congrats Being at peace with it, I'm not sure I'm entirely at peace with it just yet (I'm VERY excited and happy to be pregnant!). I have to be careful who I mention my weight gain too, it's slowly dwindled down to two people. Too many people think I'm dieting, not eating or not feeling blessed and excited....when in fact I'm just whining. I'll have to google primal girl's multipurpose paleo bread my mom is making some paleo crackers for me for Christmas (my fav!). Ok, they are for everyone but that was my specific request.

I'm using walking at home to help maintain my fitness...I am happy to say that I did 4 miles last night and had a fabulous sleep last night. I'm a little sad that I had to give up running due to some complications but 'que sera sera', I got hubby to promise me a jogging stroller without telling them how much they are

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • I just scheduled my first prenatal visit and it isn't until 1/15! I'm not sharing the news until after that appointment and now I have to wait a whole month for it to happen. I'm making myself a little crazy with this feeling of limbo. Since I'm keeping it a secret for now, Christmas and New Years celebrations are going to be really tough with the alcohol around. I'm hoping to fake it with drinks my husband makes for me...
  • abbysue715 - how old is your first? Mine was a Sept 2011 baby. I also had to have a c-section and am still pretty bitter about it. Not only are we close in due dates, but our height and weight stats are pretty much spot on too.

JulesMarion – congrats on the twins! How exciting! Don’t worry too much about not eating much now. Losing weight through the first trimester is still perfectly normal.

Ishbel – you have such an amazing loss before getting pregnant. Kudos to you! Between you and abbysue715, there is some serious shedding of weight in this batch of preggos. I did pilates when I was pregnant with my first and I loved it. I think yoga and walking sound like the perfect workouts for now.

Nagazim – first, can I ask if you are a knitter? You are describing how I felt with my first. We started trying even though I wasn’t done losing weight because it’s supposed to take a year, right? And we got pregnant right away. I put weight loss on hold for a long time. I wish I would have forced myself to continue to eat healthier the entire time though. I’m hoping to do better this time.
  • Just told my boss today, he gave me a hug! Another guy in our office is expecting twins with his wife (due in June), so he was surprised that there's going to be a lot of babies!
  • How is everybody doing?

Anyone had any bleeding throughout any of your pregnancies? I've had bleeding twice, and spotting off and on for 2 weeks. Doc and ultrasounds say everythings okay, but it's always a little disconcerting.
  • I am a Spring Mama but I am glad you started this thread! I, too, would check back here and not see any new posts and would be sad. So glad to see there are so many preggo women here now, so we should keep the pregnant/nursing forum alive!!

How far along are you? 23 weeks, 24 on Saturday!
    When is your due date? April 19th, 2014!
    Planned or unplanned? Planned, it was the second cycle off BC, I ovulated later than usual, so my husband and I left on our late honeymoon/one year wedding anniversary trip to Disney thinking we were not preggo, then found out on our 3rd day during the trip! It was a beautiful moment and trip and I will never forget our emotions!

Also, we found out a few weeks ago that we are having a boy! This is our first baby and we are so excited!! I have been doing good with doing prenatal yoga via Youtube a few days a week, as well as some light strength training. I eat healthy most of the time and also give in to cravings! So far I have had a 15 lb gain, aiming for a gain of 25-30 lbs!
  • Jules~ We had one spotting scare during the first trimester at 10 weeks. We had just woken up and I went to the bathroom, and noticed bright red blood and immediately freaked out. My husband calmed me down, we called the doctor and they told me that if it increases, fills up a pad, or if I had cramping with it to come in. The spotting started getting lighter and lighter, and by dinner time that day, the spotting had stopped. We never knew what caused it, but my doctor reassured me that spotting like that happens to 1/3 of pregnant women in the first trimester.

But as always, I think if you are spotting at all or having any strange symptoms to always call your doctor/midwife. Better to be safe!
  • I moved up my appointment to 1/10 since I'm not traveling for work the week before. That's still 2 weeks away and the wait is super tough this time around. I almost told my mom over Christmas, but decided to get to my appointment first before announcing to anybody else. My husband's birthday is right at 10 weeks, so we might tell family then.

JulesMarion - I didn't have any bleeding with my first. I have heard from lots of friends that had it and have healthy kids now. I've heard that brown is ok, and it's not worrisome unless it is bright red, with clots or enough to soak a pad, and with cramps it can be a problem.

Pink Hurricane - Welcome! It's tough being around here when it is quiet. I'm happy to see you are so far along and that you are having a boy! Congratulations!
  • Sorry I dropped off of here. We went to our appointment last Monday and the baby did not have a heartbeat. It has been **** week around my house. Everyone is being really supportive but my heart is just broken. The medication that they gave me worked and everything passed with no complications.

The midwife said that we can try right away again or we can wait.

Hope everyone else had a good christmas.

Hope you all have healthy pregnancies and hopefully I will be back to join you sooner rather than later.
  • abbysue715 - I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself during this difficult time and find solace wherever you can.
  • Im so sorry abbysue715, I hope you're doing better this week. I know there's nothing that can be said that can ease the pain, but you are not alone.
  • I'm a spring momma, but I'll give my 2 cents. My due date is March 10 (currently at week 30). I've gained 25 pounds so far and hope that I don't gain too much more. dr said 15-25 but I have been SO bad with fast food. I've been a lazy prego. Also I miss the structure I got with weight watchers. We are having a boy which is awesome! It was planned. We had been trying for like 2 years and after losing like 70 pounds I got pregnant the week I hit the "normal" weight zone. lol figures.
  • Congratulations to all of you. Abbysue I am so sorry for your loss.

I am not currently pregnant but the hope is that I will be joining you all in the near future. I would like to lose some weight but in the meantime we aren't preventing.
  • Gretel~ Yes I agree! It is tough especially because you already go through so many changes while pregnant and needing that support to have a healthy and fit pregnancy is sometimes hard to find. We should definitely try to keep each other going! I think y'all waiting for your husband's birthday to tell everyone is a super cute idea!! And thank you for the congrats, congrats go to you as well!

Abby
    ~ I am so, so very sorry to hear that. I do hope that y'all will be able to find solace and move forward when you are ready.

Tehshort~ We are having a boy too! I am glad to hear that you are at 30 weeks, that is awesome and time definitely flies! I think even though you say you have been a lazy prego, you are almost in the homestretch and have done wonderful so far!!!

Musicteacher~ Thank you! I hope we will see you here soon too!
  • Abby I'm so sorry

tehshort1 I wouldn't have thought 25 lbs at 30 weeks was that bad only because I've been researching a lot and some people gain very little in the 3rd. Do you find that?

JulesMarion I had bright pink and brown spotting for a few weeks off an on throughout my first trimester (I stopped all excersise and did very little but did work). When we went for the 12 weeks US the doctor (we have a doc here not a tech) couldn't find any reason why. I haven't had an issue since and hoping never to see it again.

++++++++++++++

Due to my weight loss I had the usual tummy pouch, which I call "Martha" (I own her she doesn't own me). Due to Martha I've popped quicker then someone who's never been pregnant. I've already had the "You're only 4 1/2 MONTHS!?" shock comment. Yeah ;p! lol It's difficult to watch the weight creep up even though it's all good. I did get a fit bit from my mom for Christmas and it's most definately making me do my walking workout videos just so I can up the step numbers.

I'll try to be here more often if others try too, I agree that it's difficult when it's so quiet :/ I do find most people don't want to hear about the weight gain and my anxieties (I think they think I'm complaining when I'm not..it's just anxiety about it) so I have no real outlet and was hoping this would be the place. I'm in if you are!