Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #1  
Never give up

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Pregnancy Test Results - Positive?

Hi everyone! I just took a pregnancy test this morning and I'm not sure if this is a positive. I'm a first timer! I thought I see a second faint pink line, so I sharpened the image a bit (pictured below).

Okay, so I'm pretty sure this is a positive but didn't want to get my hopes up yet. The reason I hesitate to believe it's positive is because I've been on birth control. I went on vacation that last week of June. I didn't miss any pills, but took a few pills between 2-5 hours late that week (I was in Disney and couldn't hear my alarm go off). We weren't trying to get pregnant, but we're both kind of excited at the thought! I've been wanting a baby for a while, but have had thyroid issues and just had surgery at the end of April to get it removed.

Soooo....do ya'll think this is a positive or is it unlikely due to the birth control?
My period should have been July 12-14, but instead only got light spotting Saturday/Sunday and I've had few early pregnancy signs. I'm due for my annual gyno check-up, so I'm going to try to get an appointment soon.

Appreciate any and all input! I'm not very patient, so it'll be killing me until I go to the doctor!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130715_063452-002.jpg (11.9 KB, 79 views)
dare 2 dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #2  

Yup, looks like a faint + to me! Congrats!!!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Take another test in a few more days. I had lots show a faint positive only for them to turn up negative....something about the amount of hormones in the acutual pill.

And BC...HA! HAHAHAHAHA!

What a rip (in a good way )

My BC baby is 4 years old. I never missed a time. Never missed a day. Was even told I COULDN'T get pregnant due to womanly issues and my ovaries. And yep. My BC baby is 4 years old. That was one fun trip to the doctor as he had told me only a month prior I needed my woman bits removed. The look on his face...PRICELESS!

Last edited by zoesmom; 07-15-2013 at 11:10 AM.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #4  
Never give up

Thanks. I couldn't resist and just tried the ClearBlue Easy digital test. That came back not pregnant. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon since I'm due for my annual check-up anyways. Not sure if it is a negative or just not enough hormones yet for the digital. I have one more digital left, so regardless of what the doc says tomorrow I will try it in about a week.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
Take another test in a few more days. I had lots show a faint positive only for them to turn up negative....something about the amount of hormones in the acutual pill.
ah I didn't even think of this. About the effect of BC on a test...good point. I've never been on BC while TTC. I was only on it once for about 6 months or so, and stopped. And we didnt try for our next baby until a bout 2 years later.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #6  
Never give up

I went to the doctor yesterday. She said the pills don't affect HPT's, but she did say that having a faint line doesn't always mean a positive. Their urine tests came out negative so she sent me to get a blood test. Hopefully I'll get those results tomorrow. She did say that some of the symptoms I've been having that resemble a pregnancy could be being caused by my thyroid hormones being off again, so she's testing for that as well.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

Best of luck to you on your results! It's nerve wracking not knowing, for sure. I'm on BC but I've been taking my pill at weird times lately and over the past couple of days I'm having weird symptoms. I can't tell if it's paranoia or not, but I can't take a test for another week and a half. We're not trying either lol
cdavidowsky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Good luck! I had one of those weird faint ones once HPT, then negative urine at the doctor, and now he's 3 years old so.. heh! You are probably very very early (4-5 weeks) so it is difficult to show.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #9  
Never give up

Still waiting on blood test results and the wait is driving me nuts! I've been feeling a little nauseous on and off for the past week, but just started actually vomiting last night (only after meals so far). I'm not sure if it's morning sickness or just my body reacting to the anxiety of not knowing. I was trying to avoid buying more pregnancy tests until I got the results, but I think I'm going to buy another pack to try tomorrow. Hopefully the doctor calls today so I don't have to wait the whole weekend!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #10  

I was wondering if you were called with the results?? According to the posts, you went on the 16th and got the blood drawn, then as of yesterday, nothing?? Even if you went to an out patient lab to get the blood drawn, it should have been back the next day. Did you call your doctor's office? When I get labs drawn that I know are going to be back the next day (or two days) I call and harass them if it something this important. Most of the time they have the results and they are sitting on a desk somewher, because to be honest, its no skin off their nose if you wait forever to find out. THat's one of my pet peeves, sorry. Today being Saturday, I don't know if your doc is open, but I'd call or even go in. Nothing irritates me more than wait for labs because someone just hasn't gotten around to calling me yet!!

Call them!!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #11  
Never give up

No, I haven't heard anything yet. My doctor is usually pretty great with calling me as soon as they come in. They're not open over the weekend but I plan on calling first thing Monday morning.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #12  

ok, well let us know as soon as you find out!!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #13  
Never give up

Finally got the results from the doctor. Results came back negative for pregnancy. I'm not that surprised as I did another FRER test yesterday morning and nothing (not even a faint line). She also tested my TSH since I had my thyroid removed in April. That came back as a 0.33!! That's at the very bottom range of normal. I go back to my endo in September and they will probably decrease my Synthroid at that time.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #14  

ah I'm sorry! Its good that you had your tsh test and can get your thyroid meds adjusted. I was synthroid thise prenancy, and its so important to have it right.