Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #1  

Default Got a date for baby's arrival!! 2 more weeks to go!!

Well, we set an induction date!! July 30th! So only about 2 weeks to go!! Ideally, I didn't want to be induced, since I went into labor naturally with my first and I was induced with my second...and comparing the two, even though my second labor was much faster, it was waaayyyyyy more painful. But we needed to make sure hubby would be off work and we needed childcare. So this way I was able to set up our babysitter. I only hope I don't go early now..

So I'm glad to know I'm almost done...I'm relieved too. This is our last so I'm going to try to enjoy these last couple of weeks of being pregnant as awful as I feel. I am also looking forward to losing this weight once and for all. I have only ever gotten this big with pregnancies, otherwise my high weight is about 180, but I'm looking forward to getting back to like 145...then eventually working towards my ultimate goal of 130 lbs.

So I'll be around here for about 2 more weeks then will probably go MIA for a while. I have my Lose It app all set up so my "plan" is to start calories counting right away. I am stocking the house with instant foods, frozen, prepackaged, so that I don't have the excuse of not having time to calorie count. This is not my ideal way to eat, but I'm going to cut myself some slack while the baby in new, and eventually my plan is to get back to the clean eating I was doing before getting pregnant.

I'm also hoping to be able to resume some kind of exercise around the 2 week mark after the baby. I hope labor goes smoothly...after DS 1 I wasn't able to walk normally for a few weeks b/c I tore , but after DS 2 I was up and fine the same day. I totally could have went back to exercising by the 2 week mark, probably sooner.

Anyway that's a long enough post!! Can't wait to get back to weight loss and running!! I'm hoping to do some 5Ks next summer and maybe maybe if things move along well, a 10 K next fall....but we'll see.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #2  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Ooh, so close now! I envy you in a way. Good luck with everything, take it easy, and enjoy the new little one. I really bet you can't wait to get back into a routine again with the eating and exercise.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #3  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

Yay! So close to meeting your little one! Enjoy those last few days!
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #4  

Thank you both! I'm super excited! Its been "fun" but I'm ready to get my body back
Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Super yay!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #6  

Glad you got an official date!

Good luck with the birthing, I hope all goes well. The plan of frozen dinners and such for the immediate post baby phase sounds like a good one. I was thinking that I should have gone that route. I probably still could since my kid isn't even 3 weeks yet... one trip to the supermarket and I could stock up for a few weeks.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
Super yay!!!!
Thank you!!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by banananutmuffin View Post
Glad you got an official date!

Good luck with the birthing, I hope all goes well. The plan of frozen dinners and such for the immediate post baby phase sounds like a good one. I was thinking that I should have gone that route. I probably still could since my kid isn't even 3 weeks yet... one trip to the supermarket and I could stock up for a few weeks.
How's it going with the baby?? Still a little early for a routine, or have you kind of found one? What are you doing for food? lol That question makes it sound like you all are staving to death....if you aren't doing the frozen meals, are you still cooking? My DH does NOT cook at all. Leave one meal to him and we will end up wth take out So if I every want to lose this weight I have to have all the meals planned out.

Since my last post I looked up freezing foods that aren't prepackaged and I cooked a bunch of brown rice, whole wheat pasta and grilled chicken and seperated them into portioned freezer bags. I also have the steam in a bag veggies. So between that and the prepackaged foods, I plan to not cook for... idk weeks! lol

I have my treadmill and I'm hoping hoping hoping that I can get back to some kind of workout aroudn the two week mark, that's my "goal" but yeah we'll see, newborns dont care about our wieghtloss goals! lol

Are you breastfeeding? I am going to BF but I will be relaxed about supplementning if need be, not for weight loss, but just incase. I FF baby #1 and BF baby #2, so whatever works for this baby I'll do.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #9  
chubby chica

S/C/G: 198/155/135

Height: 5'8

I'm so excited for you, mama! will we be getting pictures of this little miracle?
flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

JULY 30TH IS My birthday, too and I always thought it was the best day of the year to have a birthday !!!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea View Post
I'm so excited for you, mama! will we be getting pictures of this little miracle?
Thank you! No, unfortunately I don't post any real pics of me or the kids on the web. Well, I do on facebook but not here. Just imagine a cute little boy!! lol
Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
JULY 30TH IS My birthday, too and I always thought it was the best day of the year to have a birthday !!!!
lol Well an early happy birthday since I'll be a little busy to wish you one that day! Its actually my dads bday too! It was a coincident though. Just happened to be the day I turn 39 weeks!!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
lol Well an early happy birthday since I'll be a little busy to wish you one that day! Its actually my dads bday too! It was a coincident though. Just happened to be the day I turn 39 weeks!!
Look out world, another Leo is coming !!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
How's it going with the baby?? Still a little early for a routine, or have you kind of found one? What are you doing for food? lol That question makes it sound like you all are staving to death....if you aren't doing the frozen meals, are you still cooking? My DH does NOT cook at all. Leave one meal to him and we will end up wth take out So if I every want to lose this weight I have to have all the meals planned out.

Since my last post I looked up freezing foods that aren't prepackaged and I cooked a bunch of brown rice, whole wheat pasta and grilled chicken and seperated them into portioned freezer bags. I also have the steam in a bag veggies. So between that and the prepackaged foods, I plan to not cook for... idk weeks! lol

I have my treadmill and I'm hoping hoping hoping that I can get back to some kind of workout aroudn the two week mark, that's my "goal" but yeah we'll see, newborns dont care about our wieghtloss goals! lol

Are you breastfeeding? I am going to BF but I will be relaxed about supplementning if need be, not for weight loss, but just incase. I FF baby #1 and BF baby #2, so whatever works for this baby I'll do.
The only "routine" I have is Hold-The-Baby-All-Day-Long-So-He-Doesn't-Cry. lol

We went through some rough bouts at first. Baby had high bilirubin numbers and some weight loss because my milk took a while to come in. And then I ended up with a bad case of mastitis. So as far as cooking/eating goes, things have not been on track at all.

My hubby does cook--actually, truth be told, he's a better cook than me--but he's been stressed and busy, too. So our meals have not been great. Fish sticks. Frozen fries. Hamburgers. Tater tots. If I eat a salad, I feel like I'm doing something awesome. haha

We eat a lot of take-out, too. Too much. But at this point I am still gradually losing. I weigh myself a few times a week. My weight fluctuates, but the overall trend is down. I am still losing fluid and such. Once I stop losing, I'll really buckle down. For now, I just don't have the energy to cook meals and really focus on weight loss.

I had a c-section, so they suggest staying off exercise for 6 weeks. I'm feeling pretty good, but I am going to wait until the 6-week mark because I don't want to tear my incision and setback my recovery. Once I hit 6 weeks pp, I'll start walking on the treadmill again (hopefully).

I'm lucky because my baby is already sleeping pretty good. He wakes up once or twice a night and that's it. It's the lack of sleep that can be a real killer to moms those early days.

I am breastfeeding, but I'm not 100% sure how much that helps with weight loss, to be honest. With my first kid, I had to struggle to get off every pound. And I was still carrying about 5 extra pounds when I got pregnant again. Sometimes breastfeeding actually makes women hold onto weight, I think.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by banananutmuffin View Post
The only "routine" I have is Hold-The-Baby-All-Day-Long-So-He-Doesn't-Cry. lol

We went through some rough bouts at first. Baby had high bilirubin numbers and some weight loss because my milk took a while to come in. And then I ended up with a bad case of mastitis. So as far as cooking/eating goes, things have not been on track at all.

My hubby does cook--actually, truth be told, he's a better cook than me--but he's been stressed and busy, too. So our meals have not been great. Fish sticks. Frozen fries. Hamburgers. Tater tots. If I eat a salad, I feel like I'm doing something awesome. haha

We eat a lot of take-out, too. Too much. But at this point I am still gradually losing. I weigh myself a few times a week. My weight fluctuates, but the overall trend is down. I am still losing fluid and such. Once I stop losing, I'll really buckle down. For now, I just don't have the energy to cook meals and really focus on weight loss.

I had a c-section, so they suggest staying off exercise for 6 weeks. I'm feeling pretty good, but I am going to wait until the 6-week mark because I don't want to tear my incision and setback my recovery. Once I hit 6 weeks pp, I'll start walking on the treadmill again (hopefully).

I'm lucky because my baby is already sleeping pretty good. He wakes up once or twice a night and that's it. It's the lack of sleep that can be a real killer to moms those early days.

I am breastfeeding, but I'm not 100% sure how much that helps with weight loss, to be honest. With my first kid, I had to struggle to get off every pound. And I was still carrying about 5 extra pounds when I got pregnant again. Sometimes breastfeeding actually makes women hold onto weight, I think.
I feel your pain on the holding the baby all the time. My second was like that and I remember posting about it here! That I couldn't exercise because I couldnt put him down! I didn't realize you had a c-sec, so like you said, you really shouldnt push yourself physicially until the doc gives you the green light. You are absolutely right about not wanting to set yourself even further back by disturbing the incision.

Mastitis! Ugh!!! so painful! Good for you for getting through it! That was the final nail in the coffin for trying to BF my first, henceforth formula feeding.

Its nice your hubby cooks. If not pressed for time, does he cook healthy/nutritous meals? Mine can do the boxed mac n cheese, frozen pizza, but he prefers the ease of take out! But that's it. No healthy or involved meals.

You are reminding me just how hard it is with a newborn!! Isnt easy to forget and get spoiled with have time to cook! lol If you are having a downward trend then I wouldnt worry about it too much, and like you said, if the loss stops then worry about it then. Not to minimize your weight , because we all want to get the baby weight off, but I think I am more paranoid because i have 85 lbs to lose to get to my prebaby weight and another 15 to get to my ultimate goal. So with 100 pounds ahead of me I'm afraid of not starting full force asap. Although I know that my plans may not work depending on the baby's plans!! I don't see your weight ticker anymore, but if I remember correctly, you did not gain a massive amount of weight. You did well with staying on track during the pregnancy.

Glad to hear that the baby is sleep well! Omg you are so right, lack of sleep is the be all end all. Seriously, all the best laid plans will go to crap with sleep deprivation. I am basically begging the universe to give me a child like my second. He sleep wonderfully!! I don't know if I can handle another child like my first!

I hope this question isn't too personal, but are you guys done with kids? This will be our third also, and our last. I just have had enough with pregnancy, especially since we went through 2 losses before this one, so I'm grateful for this healthy baby, but I'm not going to push my luck with another.
I'm kind of relieved this will be my last major weightloss, as well as my last time being up at night with a baby and the diapers, and limits on where we can go, what we can do....etc. Babies are nice, but I much more enjoy when they are a bit older and taking them places and going on vacations, sleeping all night!! lol Having time to cook, clean, take classes for school, all that stuff.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 07-18-2013 at 12:42 PM.