Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #16  
Nat

S/C/G: 199/161/133

Height: 5'4"

They're making me go for a GTT at some point during this pregnancy as well, even though I've tried to talk them out of it.

I had a GTT during my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies (this is my 4th) and it always came back negative for GD, so I'm convinced I won't have it, but they're insisting anyway because I've had previously big babies.

Baby 1 : 10lbs 10oz
Baby 2 : 10lbs 1oz
Baby 3 : 11lbs 0.7oz

This was baby 3. Little elephant lol :

Last edited by XenaGlamRocker; 01-01-2013 at 04:33 PM.
XenaGlamRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #17  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
What thyroid issues were you diagnosed with? I was diagnosed with Hashimotos last year and started on synthroid. What prompted me to see the doc was I went from normal energy to zero energy, hair falling out, and many other classic thyroid symptoms. Since being on synthroid I feel so much better. I was almost at goal, but after 2 m/c this year I just stopped exercising and stopped calorie counting, and gained a lot back. I was depressed and just didn't care. So I'm higher than I'd like to be going into this pregnancy.
Autoimmune thyroiditis over here, which I think is pretty similar to Hashimotos. I've been on Armour thyroid and a gluten-free diet as a treatment, which has been going pretty well. My TSH levels aren't quite where my PCP wants them to be, so there's been lots of blood draws and adjustments so far.

Since it's my first pregnancy, I have no idea how much I'll gain (although I do know that the women in my family tend to get huge!). Right now, I'm just trying not to stress about it, get as much healthy food and exercise as I can (damn you, first trimester!) and deal with weight gain later. I've got enough to stress about with getting things ready for a baby, so I just can't be worrying about things I don't have that much control over

As for the GTT/GD tests, my PCP insisted on the GTT at 7 weeks, since I'm overweight and have 2 immediate family members with Type 2 diabetes. I failed the test since I'd had a snack immediately before it, but passed the full GD test fine.

If it's something you're concerned about, I'd absolutely ask your doctor to do the test early. Personally, I like to have as much information as possible, and if the GD test had come back positive, I would have wanted to make whatever changes were necessary to keep me & baby safe as quickly as possible (rather than at 28 weeks when they usually give the test). That might just be me, though - I'd happily choose a few needle pokes to find out more about what's going on in there!

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Last edited by smisen; 01-02-2013 at 10:10 AM.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #18  

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
Congrats!! You're due about a month before me, still summer! lol I had my first baby at the end of August, and for me I didn't like being pregnant in the summer, but it was probably because I gained so much weight!!
Yeah I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to fit in a workout with 3 kids. My oldest son was a horrible sleeper, he would scream in his crib, and I could never get any time to myself. My second one though was a good sleeper, calm. With him I would work out in the morning and when he woke up he would play in his crib while I showered. Just an easy going baby. And my second son napped well too. My older son never napped. If my 3 rd is like my first, I don't know what I'll do!! And my husband, unfortunately, does not think he should ever watch the kids for me to workout, and I get attitude if I ask him. And being that I'm a SAHM now, there's no way I can get a gym membership, because I have no income of my own. So yeah I'm panicing too!
I was almost to my goal weight at lie 145, and I got pregnant in May and m/c and just got really depressed and started gaining, and then m/c again, and forget it...I was up to almost 190 when I got pregnanct with this little one. So I was already gaining and now I'm going to gain again. My goal is, since I'm over weight, to only gain about 20 lbs, which my OB has said is a good target now that I'm over weight.
Yep, this is my third, too, and I'm in the same boat worrying about how I'm going to find time to exercise. I'm having trouble finding time now with just two little ones. And I really really really need to start getting some exercise, because I'm packing on pregnancy pounds way too fast. I'm about 14 weeks now and I've gained a total of about 8 pounds, give or take.

It's cold here, too, so outdoor stuff is out of the question right now. Once Spring comes we can maybe do some family hikes and hit the playground, but for now I'm stuck with Wii Just Dance inside.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:11 AM   #19  

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies I'm 28 weeks pregnant and will be having a caesarean on the 28th of March. This is my second bub (another boy ) and I've been trying to be a lot better behaved about what I eat this time compared to last time.
I was overweight when I fell pregnant with DS and this time as I was at a healthy weight I'm trying to stay with a healthy gain.
So far I'm doing ok having gained 17lbs and providing I maintain a gradual gain I'll be on track for the recommended 25lbs.
Sometimes I struggle to behave but it's not all that hard if I'm honest.
Back2goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

Congrats everyone!! I'm due May 6 with baby #2
ETA: They think it's another girl (but aren't 100%) which I am really excited about. My daughter is just over 2 (will be 2 years 7 months when this baby arrives) and I'm a little nervous about having 2!

Last edited by PinkLotus; 01-14-2013 at 05:36 PM.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #21  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I am due Sep 11th! I am almost 7 weeks along, haven't spilled the beans to anyone IRL yet, waiting a few more weeks at least until after my first OB appt @ 8 weeks. Hoping I can hold out until at least 10 weeks - that's how long we waited to spill the beans with #1.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote