Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

Default back at it... baby is here

Hi ladies,
Well here I am again. I have struggled with my weight all my life, I was doing well before I found out I was pregnant and I had lost 25 lbs. I found out I was pregnant August 13th SURPRISE!!! Well my surprise little boy was born on March 16, 2013 at 35 weeks. He was in the NICU for two weeks, but he is doing much better now and is home now. I am ready to get back on the weight loss train soon. I am not too sure how this is going to work since I am nursing/pumping. My ultimate goal is to be at 175 lbs, but I have a REALLY REALLY long way to go. The last time I was weighed I believe I was up to about 330lbs. It is so depressing, but I know that I can do it. I will meet many mini goals along the way. I need to do this for myself, my kids and my marriage. I just feel unhealthy and am so tired all the time. I need to get healthy. I am currently a stay at home mom to my soon to be 5 year old, 18 month old, my newborn son and I am going to start watching a 20 month little girl Monday through Friday... so as you can see, I don't get much me time... I cant just go to the gym when I please. This is going to be a challenge, but I CAN DO IT!!! Who'se with me?!
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #2  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on your little one! WOW, you are gonna be busy busy busy! I feel like I hardly have any time for myself and I only have my 9 month old son to take care of.

You can do this! Nursing is not only great for your baby, it's great for you. It's really helped me to take the weight off. Of course, there are a lot of things that are more difficult to do while you're nursing (having the opportunity to eat a warm meal or take a shower alone for instance). Did you breast feed your other two children too or is this the first time you're trying it?

Feel free to pm me if you'd like to chat. Good luck!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Remember, weight loss is 80% diet. You don't need a gym right now. You have A LOT on your plate. I'd focus on nutrition and integrate exercise when you can.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

No I did not breast feed my other two kids. I was unsuccessful. I'm really hoping I can do it for my little man!

I know that I don't NEED a gym.. I just feel better when I work out, but I know there are other things I can do. I was on a 1200-1400 cal diet before and it was working really well for me. I may try that again.
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #5  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I really hope that it works for you this time! I absolutely love nursing my son and I feel very grateful that we were able to make it work. It's been a really intense bonding experience, and when I say intense I mean intense. Often times I'm the only one who can soothe him, and he always wants me (and usually no one else. He'll make do with DH if I'm gone, but only for a few hours before he becomes hysterical). Because breast milk digests so much faster than formula he needs to feed more frequently than his formula fed peers, which in the beginning meant that my butt was basically chained to the rocker for hours on end. I'm not exaggerating. I call my DS my "little shadow"

One thing I would recommend would be to start out at a higher calorie limit. Nursing moms burn anywhere from 200-500 extra calories just from milk production. When I started counting my calories last September (my son was 3 months then and exclusively breast feeding) I allowed myself 1800-1850 per day. I was losing somewhere around 2 pounds a week steadily doing nothing else. As my son gets older he nurses less and eats more solids, so I've gradually decreased my limit to 1650. If the weight you have on your ticker is correct, I'd guess that you could probably start around the 2000 calorie mark and see some nice losses pretty quickly.

In the beginning I had a lot of emotional struggles while nursing postpartum but I'm so glad that I stuck with it.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Missy Krissy; 04-06-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:248 CW:245 GW:165

Congrats on the new baby! I had a baby february 6th, and he's 2 months old today! I just started my plan to get healthy also. My kids are 14 months and 2 months..we're super busy..but its a joy!
ayclobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the new baby!
You can totally do this!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote