Wanted to introduce myself...

• Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself...sorry if it's a little long.
    I used to be a member of this site years ago and I am here to get back on track. This is another username of course...I can't even remember mine from that long ago (about 7 years ago I think.) When I was here the first time I was on the South Beach Diet and I lost 30lbs and I want to try it again after having a baby boy 2 months ago. I had gained the 30lbs back and then some before I got pregnant, and gained 24 with the pregnancy. Thankfully I lost the pregnancy weight all but 1lb shortly after delivery, but I'm scared to say I think I've gained since we have been home. I'm too scared to weigh lol. I'll weigh in tomorrow...yuck. I'm just ready to feel good about myself again and gain back my confidence and feel good in my own skin. I need to do a weigh in so I can set my goal, but I'm not going to stress to hard about the exact number.
    After 10 years of wanting a baby, and 3 IVF cycles, we got our little miracle man, Paxton. I'm trying my darndest to breastfeed, but my supply sucks. It was super high in the beginning, but I can't even supply him with what he eats in a day now so I'm pumping and supplementing with formula as needed. I know it's a supply and demand deal, but the kid's gotta eat so I have to do what I have to do. I'm also drinking mother's milk tea and eating oatmeal which I have been told helps with supply issues, but if anyone has any other suggestions please feel welcome to share!
    Anyway, I'm going to try doing the SBD again because the phases of the diet and the fact that I could eat until satisfied really worked for me. My hubby is going to do it with me too, so I'm glad I will have his support. I just wanted to meet other breastfeeding mamas trying to lose weight because I know that can pose issues. Thanks for reading!
  • 67 views and no one wants to say hi?
  • I'll say hi.

I just had my baby boy Colton 3 weeks ago. So I'm pretty new at breastfeeding. I have other issues with it, namely his addiction to a nipple shield. I can't wait to wean him off. I do want to lose weight, I just want to wait a few more weeks before I start to exercise.... Anyway, hi and nice to meet you.
  • Hi nice to meet you too. Congratulations on the birth of your little boy! My little man fights at the breast. He will start nursing then scream and kick and hit me, then nurse again...it's frustrating for the both of us. He's done this since he was born. I mainly pump, but still offer it to him, and I have to supplement with formula. I'm hoping dieting won't make my supply worse. I'm mainly focusing on eating healthy. We'll see how this goes...
  • Congratulations and welcome back!
    I just found out I'm pregnant with baby #2 (found out this morning!) after having an early miscarriage a couple of months ago. I don't know much about breastfeeding because I had a very bad experience with my daughter (to sum it up: wouldn't latch), so I can't offer any advice there. I'm hoping to successfully breastfeed my next baby though.
    Anyway, I just wanted to say hi!
  • Quote: Hi nice to meet you too. Congratulations on the birth of your little boy! My little man fights at the breast. He will start nursing then scream and kick and hit me, then nurse again...it's frustrating for the both of us. He's done this since he was born. I mainly pump, but still offer it to him, and I have to supplement with formula. I'm hoping dieting won't make my supply worse. I'm mainly focusing on eating healthy. We'll see how this goes...
    Colton fights me, too. He likes me punch me when he gets frustrated. It's only when he feels full that he doesn't resist anymore. It's even harder because he knocks my nipple shield off so I have to keep putting it back on, making him even more anxious. So yeah, I definitely understand.

In terms of losing weight, I'm planning on exercising after six weeks but eating to maintain calories. And since I overate to begin with before pregnancy, that's just a start. I'm hoping it will help maintain my milk supply while getting me used to a normal day of calories.
  • Hello! I also used to use this site about 5 years ago after I had my first child and am back with a new username also. I just had baby #2, 7 weeks ago. She was in the NICU for 5 weeks and 3 days so I had to rely on pumping to get my milk supply and I am in the same boat as you. The hospital reccommended Domperidone, a perscription from Europe. I am currently waiting for my shipment to come (had to order it from Canada because it is no longer available in the US). Once I get it I will update you on how it works for me. It is my last hope I have tried it all!!! Anyways, welcome back.
  • I just came across this and am feeling the same way! I'm exclusively breastfeeding my son and so far so good,but I'm starting birth control next week so I'm a little scared it will mess with my supply. I'm also afraid it will cause me to gain or maintain weight I'm seriously needing to lose. I'm at my heaviest I've ever been and so not happy with myself. It's 100%my fault as I lived on the fast food diet when I was working and started my last pregnancy at 168, which at 5'3" is not good! Hoping I can find support on here! Oh and I'm in NC too and an army wife so we all have some things in common, yay!
  • Hi there I would have replied sooner but I've been a bit absent lately *chuckle*.
    I'm 28 weeks pregnant at the moment, so I'm currently looking into everything I can to find the right diet for myself once this bub is born. I've done a lot of different diets in the past. Shake diets, diet pills (that didn't last long! Haha), Atkins, calorie counting... Most of them work. I just have to find one that's structured enough for me. Calorie counting works great when I've got the time to sit down and actually count up what I'm eating but I imagine that with a newborn AND a preschooler to look after my time may be somewhat limited.

So in a couple of months I'll be right where you're at now!