3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Pregnant - Nursing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/)
-   -   Losing Weight before TTC #2! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing/255368-losing-weight-before-ttc-2-a.html)

GirlyGirl 03-22-2012 11:28 AM

Losing Weight before TTC #2!

So, my son is 17 months old in a couple of days, and I have babies on the brain! I am excited to try again for another baby, but I'm not going to until the beginning of next year. In the mean time, I am working hard to get to my goal weight. I became pregnant with my son at 228 pounds, and while my pregnancy went very well and was uneventful, I missed out on some of the fun pregnancy moments. My belly didn't show until near the end, I didn't do maternity pictures because I wasn't showing, I didn't get to wear cute maternity clothes - only what Motherhood Maternity had in the back on their store in their meager (at best) plus size section.

If I am fortunate enough to get pregnant again, I will love being able to have a cute belly and shop wherever I want for maternity clothes!

Is anyone else in the same boat?

gretel 03-22-2012 01:00 PM

I'm also trying to lose weight before TTC #2. My story is a bit different than yours though. My daughter is now 6 months. I was 193 before when I got the positive and only gained 22 pounds. But, my blood pressure was always borderline high and the doctors put me through so many tests to rule out pre-eclampsia. Then, 3 weeks before her due date she measured at 8 pounds 15 ounces (via ultrasound). I ended up having a c-section when she was due and thankfully she was only 8 pound 12 ounces. I was high risk for injury going naturally and my risk would have been much lower if I weighed less. Simply, I don't to go through any of that again. I'm still nursing, so I'm only aiming to lose a half pound a week. It's a very slow process! I'd like to be out of the obese category before trying for #2. I really hope we can help each other on our way :)

GirlyGirl 03-23-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gretel (Post 4263651)
I'm also trying to lose weight before TTC #2. My story is a bit different than yours though. My daughter is now 6 months. I was 193 before when I got the positive and only gained 22 pounds. But, my blood pressure was always borderline high and the doctors put me through so many tests to rule out pre-eclampsia. Then, 3 weeks before her due date she measured at 8 pounds 15 ounces (via ultrasound). I ended up having a c-section when she was due and thankfully she was only 8 pound 12 ounces. I was high risk for injury going naturally and my risk would have been much lower if I weighed less. Simply, I don't to go through any of that again. I'm still nursing, so I'm only aiming to lose a half pound a week. It's a very slow process! I'd like to be out of the obese category before trying for #2. I really hope we can help each other on our way :)

We can definitely do it! I think it's awesome that you are already working on your goal now, I didn't start until my son was 16 months old. Even if it's a slow process because of nursing, you are doing it and that's what matters!

lovemydoggiesx2 03-23-2012 05:32 PM

Im losing to TTC #1. I´ve had 2 IVF´s and am doing a 3rd this summer when the hubby gets home from Afganistan. I still need to lose 20ish pounds before my Dr. wants me to do it!

Good luck ladies!

gretel 03-27-2012 09:15 AM

GirlyGirl - Thank you for the encouragement! I agree, we can do this!

But I need to stop sabotaging myself. Ugh, I wish I could stay committed to this. I've been on a break for the last two weeks. And while I haven't gained anything, I also have zero progress. My excuse is that I was on travel. I should have had time to exercise, but all I did was worry about pumping while away.

lovemydoggiesx2 - I joined a thread to lose weight before #1, and I lost 7 pounds before getting pregnant! I would wager that you are in pretty good shape judging by your pic, and making good progress. What kind of doggies do you have?

GirlyGirl 03-27-2012 12:21 PM

lovemydoggiesx2, good for you for reaching for your goal, it will be so worth it in the end! You are more than welcome on this thread for encouragement and support!!

[QUOTE=gretel;4269079]GirlyGirl - Thank you for the encouragement! I agree, we can do this!

But I need to stop sabotaging myself. Ugh, I wish I could stay committed to this. I've been on a break for the last two weeks. And while I haven't gained anything, I also have zero progress. My excuse is that I was on travel. I should have had time to exercise, but all I did was worry about pumping while away.

QUOTE]

Today is a new day, and you can get back your mojo! I know it's not easy, but you have done so well and remember how good it feels to be healthier! Keep going!

Earth Goddess 03-27-2012 01:08 PM

Hello! wow you have a few things to lose for I see your planning on going to disney, that is so cool I want to go lol, I went with my senior class trip and I can say at the time I was alot smaller than I am now but I was "fat" and I wore pants and a hoodie the whole time (yes I was sweating my butt off) and I felt like I was to "fat" for the rides I cant imagine how Id feel now being much bigger. Anyways on to the TTC topic, me too kinda I am waiting 3 more years until I TTC for #4 but my goal is to be 160lbs or less by then, Id love to have the cute belly and wear cute maternity clothes, as I did not have that chance with my other 3. Good luck mama we can do this!

GirlyGirl 03-27-2012 02:55 PM

Hi Earth Goddess, and welcome! I know exactly what you mean about the clothes, there are slim-pickings for plus size women, it's just stressful trying to find things to where! You don't have far to go, you can reach 160 for sure!

Pepino 04-04-2012 01:19 PM

I want to be in excellent shape before TTC#2. I really feel like my pregnancy and delivery would have been easier had I been exercising before my pregnancy. So I definitely plan on being super-fit before the next one. lol my son is only 9 1/2 months old and I cannot wait to have another! But I have to force myself to wait because A) I don't want them that close together in age and B) financial reasons and C) The UN and WHO did a study and apparently around 2 1/2 years apart in age is ideal for both the health of the mother and the health of the baby

Porthardygurl 04-14-2012 10:23 PM

Im in the same boat too. .I gained 50 pounds with my first and im almost 90 pounds overweight. I suffered from severe pre-eclampsia and gestational diabitis and like the other women.. my stomach never showed until the end and i just basically looked fat...i never really looked pregnant..and on top of it..i could only wear big plus size shirts because i couldnt fit into maternity clothes..so im trying to lose 50 to 80 pounds at least before trying.. Sigh..feels like its gonna take forever..but i wanna look like a pretty mama.

strawleyl 04-15-2012 11:08 PM

Ladies I def kno how u feel my son will.be 2yrs old in July I want to ttc #2 but dnt want to go through what I did before wit my pregnancy.....I was a high risk pregnancy because of my blood pressure which made things sooo much more harder! My delivery was very complicated n ended in a csection I gained bout .40ish lbs gained most of the weight in the lasy trimester and then gained more weight afterwards .....I also want to be healthy before.even thinking of tryig for another my husband wants another sooo bad but understands that I dnt want to be healthy for the next one! Hopefully we can all motivate each other because i could sure use the motivation! :)

thundahthighs 04-17-2012 03:48 PM

I was near my goal weight when I became pregnant. I gained nearly 50 pounds all told, so I am hopeful to peel it back off and cruise for a little while before I get on the merry-go-round again.

The cute preggo belly is not all it's cracked up to be, I will forewarn you.
1. People touch it. People you don't know. A lot.
2. Because we had moved, and no one in my new town had ever seen me overweight, when I was pregnant I got all the "getting fat!" jokes. Sheesh.

But, the clothes are kind of fun! Go ladies go! Get skinny and get pregnant! :dizzy: :D :carrot:

lauraemily 04-24-2012 02:45 AM

I also would very much like to lose weight before TTC #1 for the obvious reasons. I need to lose about 30 lbs. to get to a healthy weight. I would LOVE to start TTC in the next 6-9 months when we are financially ready but I need/want to be physically ready, too, as far as my health.

In 2010, I lost weight with my husband following the Biggest Loser diet/exercise DVDs, but I quickly fell off the bandwagon when he reached his goal before I did. I have kept most of it off for about two years now, but I am struggling to find a solution that will work for me by myself since I am not a "dieter" by nature, and I just want something that is maintainable that I can stick to.

What are you all doing? I would love to keep coming back here for support if y'all don't mind!

thundahthighs 04-24-2012 03:56 PM

Keep coming back - I do! ;)

gretel 04-25-2012 10:55 AM

I've been calorie counting...and counting right up to and beyond what I should be having each day. Whoops! I have 2 months to lose 4 pounds, and then I'll be at 194 which is my prepregnancy weight....and my daughter will be 9 months old. I've had a **** of a time trying to fit exercise in my schedule. BF'ing makes me so freaking hungry! For now, I'm only focusing on that short term goal.