Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 03-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #1  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Running Question

Hi guys!

I just first need to say that I am SOOOO happy that 3fatchicks has a pg/nursing section!!!

Anyway, I just found out (today!) that we are expecting #3 in late November!

I obviously still want to work out and eat healthy, but I was wondering if running is ok? I am by far not a marathon runner, but for the past 3 or 4 months, I've been jogging on the treadmill, never going past 15 mins of straight running though.
Do you think that qualifies me as ok to keep doing that? I know that if you were a runner pre-pregnancy it's ok, but I just don't consider myself that.

Also, I was doing The Shred workouts, and was wondering if you guys think I could still do that, just modified obviously and no crunches?

Thanks so much for any advice!!!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!

When I got pg with my DS (second pg) I was in the middle of training for my first 5km race. My Dr. and midwife said it was fine for me to continue to run but just to listen to my body and not push myself too hard. I was training outside and continued to run 2-3 days a week for about 30-40 mins. I ran my first 5km race at 9.5 weeks pg, it's wasn't my best time as it was hot that day and I had to stop and walk a few times but i did it in 43 mins so was happy (and I wasn't last I continued to run till 11 weeks and stopped because I almost fainted one day on a run (it was hot) and I didn't have access to a treadmill. My intention was to just pause till the weather got cooler and then to start up again but I had lost my momentum.
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #3  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you!!

Wow, that is awesome for being 9.5wks pg!! I would be super happy too!!

Thanks for the advice!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

I'm not a runner, but I did a 10-mile bike ride at 6 months pregnant. I could have ridden 20-30 miles that day. I completely agree with the advice of listening to your body. My friend is 18 weeks along and is still doing boot camp 3x a week! I wish I would have stuck with weight lifting because my daughter is now 6 months old and I still haven't started back up. Stick with it!
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm not a runner but I am a huge fan of Jillian Michaels and was really pretty strong before I got pregnant. BUT I had *terrible* morning sickness and crippling migraines. It's been very frustrating but all I can really do is walk and swim now.

I would just roll with the punches and see what your body is happy doing. Because I wanted to continue with JM's DVDs, too, and that couldn't happen for me. I don't want to scare you, just letting you know my experience.

Congrats on baby!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I ran 20 miles a week up to about week 34 and then did walk/jog right up until delivery. Running is totally fine unless you have specific complications.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote