Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-31-2011, 07:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default For those who know a bit about fertility, a question

I had a miscarriage sometime between Oct 31 and Nov 4 (baby passed Nov 4).

I got my first period December 6 (so OV around Dec 20). I am now 10-11 days DPO and had some symptom spotting last night.

I checked the clearblue website and it says I may read pregnant whether or not this is a pregnancy (due to miscarriage being only 1 month ago), is it even possible to know if I am pregnant right now for sure??
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:24 AM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

10 - 11 DPO is about the earliest you would test positive, so yes it is possible to know. If I'm not mistaken, I tested positive at 11 DPO with my DS.

I'm sorry for your loss and fingers crossed for you.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #3  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

A few quick questions - Have you seen a doctor since the miscarriage, and if so did they do any bloodwork? If they did, any chance you know what your hCG was at the time? Depending on how quickly your hCG decreased following the miscarriage, it seems theoretically possible that you could test positive still, and I know your miscarriage was at the very end of your first trimester and your hCG would have been very high at the time... but my guess is that by nearly two months later your hCG would have returned to zero. Before now, have you done any HPTs since the miscarriage? If so, were they negative?

I agree with nunceo that 10 DPO is about the soonest you'd test positive if this is a new pregnancy. The best way to tell right now, I'd think, would be to keep testing each day and watch to see if the line gets darker. If it does, that would indicate that your hCG levels are increasing, ie. this is a new pregnancy. Blood tests will be more sensitive of course, and if you continue to see a positive result you could have one done (even at a clinic, rather than your regular Dr.) and find out what your hCG levels are. If you have two blood tests in succession a few days apart and your hCG levels are increasing, then you can be certain it's a new pregnancy.

I know I said it at the time, but I am really, really sorry about your earlier loss.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #4  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

After I miscarried they tested me every other day until my HCG was 0. It took about 10 days after I began bleeding and I was about 9 weeks along. Hope that helps a little. I'm sorry for your loss.

And yes you could definitely test now and you'd probably get a pretty dependable answer.

Last edited by Lambiechop; 12-31-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #5  

Thanks for the responses

ncuneo- Thanks that is reassuring!

chickadee32- thanks, yes I had been tested several times until the levels were about 1900 then I just stopped going for various reasons (2 hour drive, blizzard etc), that was in mid November at 1900 hcg. I haven't done any tests since then. I will try daily tests thanks. BTW congrats on recently meeting your IVF goal!!!

Lambiechop- I was about 9 weeks & 4 days so that is pretty similar, thanks for sharing. I will test in the morning!!

And thanks to all for condolences.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #6  

Well I got a BFN and a period today but that's okay, a sign my cycle is back to normal!! Maybe see you all later then thanks for the help
Old 01-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #7  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

sacha, I'm sorry that it didn't end up staying positive, but I'm glad your body is getting back to it's usual normal! I hope you'll get the result you want very soon.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote