3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Dieting with Obstacles > Pregnant - Nursing

Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #16
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
big blog of mom squish

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly..."

Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #17
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
It takes time.... I gained 70-80 lbs with both my pregnancies and it was at least 3 years each time before everything was back to normal. Things shift around and it's normal it'll take time for your hormones and organs to go back to 'normal.'

My daughter is almost 4 and I'm finally at a place where I don't feel like a big blog of mom squish. It'll happen! Don't give up .
Thanks for sharing that! That's almost exactly what happened to me. I gained 65lbs with DD and I didn't lose the baby weight until about a month or two again (she's almost 3 now). Granted, it took so long because at one point I was actually gaining most of my weight back (due to poor eating habits) so it wasn't like I was actively trying to lose it until she was about 1.5...

I have to admit, though, that I'm really scared about a second pregnancy that I'll gain that much again. Do you mind if I ask if you had your pregnancies before or after you lost weight? I'm hoping my better eating habits and exercise will prevent as much gain next time around...

Also, I should add... even though I'm back to my prepregnancy weight, my stomach is very different. It sticks out in the front way more than it ever did (it used to be relatively flat even when I was overweight in the past) and it's completely jiggly. I'm hoping it at least flattens out some over time...

Starting Measurements (B/W/H): about 51/40/46, 240 lbs Goal Reached Pre-Pregnancy: 39/29.5/38, 156lbs Current: about 43/34/42
Mini-Goals
Started at 240
Onederland 199 (Jan 6, 2010, exactly 2 years after my previous due date!)
Overweight BMI 185 (Aug 3, 2011, one year after joining 3FC!)
Pre-pregnancy weight 175 (Oct 18, 2011)
Called Goal 156

My Bras, Fashion, and Weight Loss Blog
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #18

Default Preggo Belly

Soooo I am almost 10 months PP and my belly isn't shrinking back to normal...will it or is this my permanent belly?!?!?!

When I eat, it sticks out like I am pregnant. It is so weird. It's as if there is no 'core' holding my stomach back when i eat...but i know that is not true because my workouts are incredibly intense (google Crossfit and you'll see my brand of torture!).

Since I am so far post-pardum...do you think it is stuck this way?? I am very close to my ideal weight (like less than 10lbs away) but my belly has not shrunk.
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #19
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post

I have to admit, though, that I'm really scared about a second pregnancy that I'll gain that much again. Do you mind if I ask if you had your pregnancies before or after you lost weight? I'm hoping my better eating habits and exercise will prevent as much gain next time around...

Also, I should add... even though I'm back to my prepregnancy weight, my stomach is very different. It sticks out in the front way more than it ever did (it used to be relatively flat even when I was overweight in the past) and it's completely jiggly. I'm hoping it at least flattens out some over time...
I just now saw this, sorry! I did a lot better on my 2nd pregnancy than I did on my first. I gained a lot of weight but was very active during the pregnancy and bounced back a lot quicker. I settled at 267 after my first and around 225 after my second. I was around 180 when I got pregnant both times. It'll be ok .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepino View Post

Soooo I am almost 10 months PP and my belly isn't shrinking back to normal...will it or is this my permanent belly?!?!?!

When I eat, it sticks out like I am pregnant. It is so weird. It's as if there is no 'core' holding my stomach back when i eat...but i know that is not true because my workouts are incredibly intense (google Crossfit and you'll see my brand of torture!).

Since I am so far post-pardum...do you think it is stuck this way?? I am very close to my ideal weight (like less than 10lbs away) but my belly has not shrunk.
It takes time. Mine took at LEAST 18 months to look normal, both times. You're not very far post pardum. It takes your uterous alone at least 9 months to return to it's normal state. Give it time!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #20

Quote:
It takes time. Mine took at LEAST 18 months to look normal, both times. You're not very far post pardum. It takes your uterous alone at least 9 months to return to it's normal state. Give it time!
Thank you ValRock!

This honestly made me feel a lot better. I though that since it had been so long this was just 'it'. But the fact that it took yours 18 months to look normal makes me FEEL WAY BETTER! At least now I have hope.

The jiggling when I walk is soo strange. Like its sooo jiggly. Not like normal fat at all. It's almost like weightless jello. Like that Simpson episode where the doctor pokes homers belly and it jiggles for hours. That is how it feels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #21

S/C/G: 180/136.5/130

Height: 5"6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 170starting View Post
I also gained 65 pounds during my pregnancy... I lost 35 within the first week and a half post-partum. I am now up to 52 pounds lost and I had him 5 months ago.

My friend had her baby September 3 and gained 39 pounds. It is September 22. She has lost all of her weight and fits into all pre-pregnantness clothing.

That B####.
Hahaha. That made me laugh. Same thing with my BFF. She gained little in the pregnancy, had an ELEVEN pound baby, and put her jeans on 2 weeks later.
I gained 50, had a less than seven pound baby and still have 13 pounds to go.

Last edited by mrslynah; 05-10-2012 at 12:15 PM.
mrslynah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #22

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslynah View Post
Hahaha. That made me laugh. Same thing with my BFF. She gained little in the pregnancy, had an ELEVEN pound baby, and put her jeans on 2 weeks later.
I gained 2lbs in the 3 days after birthing a +9lb baby

I couldn't believe it

Maintainer 2004-2009/3 Pregnancies/Maintainer 2013 - Present

sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #23

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslynah View Post
This will be ME too, I'm sure. I have two friends that had babies and they're wearing bikinis this summer - doesn't look like they have a stretch mark or any extra padding on them! One just have birth 2 months ago! Oye...
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #24

S/C/G: 224/190/150

Height: 5'6

Unhappy

I am in the exact same situation! I gained 70lbs with my son who was born on 06/09/2010 and lost all but 20lbs. With my daughter who was born on 12/28/2011,I gained 40lbs and have 15lbs left to lose! It is so frustrating to think that I have at least 40lbs to reach my first goal weight (pre-baby weight)! The last 15-20lbs apparently appears to be the hardest for me! It is also annying to have people ask you when you are due! Do i really look that bad? I would never ask someone that even if I can clearly tell that they are pregnant!

Last edited by shanners; 07-04-2012 at 04:56 PM.
shanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #25

S/C/G: 155/152/138

Height: 5'6

Tanna! We are going through some similar stuff! Except I'm 7 months post partum, not 1, hehe

I was feeling AWFUL when I finally put a pair of jeans on again. I only gained 30 pounds during pregnancy and I really wasn't over weight before, so I don't know why my body is so out of sorts!! I barely fit in my jeans now and it has been seven. months.

My hubby also has lost 27 pounds since we've had our sweet baby girl! I definitely feel like he is leaving me behind! So now I need to step up to the plate and join him

I totally relate to not loving your postpartum body, but you have got to give yourself some time!!! I know you don't want to hear that, but it is so true. Just work hard and you will get there eventually. At least I hope so.... I am really just starting myself
EllieG is offline   Reply With Quote