Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #1  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Baby's Coming on Tuesday! (ramble)

I'll be having my second daughter via C-Section on Tuesday! I'm getting nervous and excited and ovewhelmed... I'm a mess!!

I had a c-section with my first daughter, and because it was planned (due to legit medical complications) my recovery was not bad at all. I'm sure this time around will be good too. But I still feel so nervous about the recovery. I miss exercising and being active, but I know I have to let myself heal properly first.

I'm also nervous about my job. I'm a middle school choir teacher, and I will not be able to start the school year at all. I'll have a whole new crop of students coming in that won't meet me until the 2nd six weeks. I'm thankful to have found a good long-term sub, but planning for him has been such a headache, and there's still so many loose ends that aren't tied up. Again... I know it's going to be great, but I'm such a control freak with my job, it's killing me to have someone else do it!

Finally, I'm nervous about the changes this birth will bring to our home. I was an only child, and I have little personal concept of the sibling relationship. I'm afraid my DD is going to feel betrayed. DH and I have already planned for ways that we're going to help her transition, but she's been an only child for nearly four years, and I wonder how it's going to go. I hope that she adapts well.

I'm VERY excited to have non-swollen feet and to not be 9 months pregnant in this ridiculous Texas heat... 100+ for most of this summer. It's been brutal.

Thanks for the ramble. Bless you if you made it though the whole thing. haha

Last edited by Tanna Banana; 08-11-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Loose not Lose...derp
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on the new baby ! Have you told your daughter how special she is to be a big sister ? I think she will just fine and will be thrilled with the new baby. Good luck with the job.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Congrats! I don't have a whole lot to add, except that as a girl with two siblings, I think your daughter will eventually really appreciate having a sister or brother, even if she has a hard time with it at first. Don't make yourself feel guilty about something that will be a GOOD thing for her!
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Congratulations! A friend of mine is due at the end of the month, and while it's not exactly been that warm a summer here, she's still been fairly miserable. Blistering Texas heat as well is unimaginable.

I hear that getting the other child a "congratulations on becoming a big sister" present often goes well. I don't have kids, but I quilt, and I've run into a lot of quilters who make a big-sibling quilt at the same time that they make the new-baby quilt. Indeed, if quilts appeal, there are some gorgeous ones on Etsy for criminally low prices. This one is small and simple but quite adorable, for instance.

I spent my school years in as many choirs and orchestras as I could manage, so that sounds like a great job to me. What are you teaching them this year?

Last edited by Esofia; 08-11-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

wow, so exciting! I hope you have a good, long maternity vacation so that you can be with her!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

omg, congratulations. I had my second son via c-section. My first son is 12 now. 4 years is a little harder to understand the new baby concept. I think your proactive approach with your husband on board is excellent for her.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #7  
hot mama!

Thanks for the nice thoughts! I'm excited!!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Height: 5'3

Me and my husband are both 'only children'. So I was nervous about having a second one as well. However, big brother is loving his little brother!

We just gave the bigger one a little extra TLC and included him in on everything. Also, just simple things like making sure he got lots of attention especially when baby was awake (so if I was in bed with baby, I let the big one come sit on the bed too and bring some story books, toys, etc). My husband does the bath time and bed time routine with the bigger one when he comes home from work, while I take care of the baby. A few small gifts initially, for big brother from the baby helped too

Wow, Tuesday is approaching quickly! So exciting =0)
kifli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #9  
hot mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kifli View Post

We just gave the bigger one a little extra TLC and included him in on everything. Also, just simple things like making sure he got lots of attention especially when baby was awake (so if I was in bed with baby, I let the big one come sit on the bed too and bring some story books, toys, etc). My husband does the bath time and bed time routine with the bigger one when he comes home from work, while I take care of the baby. A few small gifts initially, for big brother from the baby helped too

Wow, Tuesday is approaching quickly! So exciting =0)
Good advice! I love it. We're definitely going to find ways for keep DD included. Three more days and I'll have a new baby! Aah! So excited!
Old 08-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #10  

Tanna: I hope all went well and your recovering okay. Have been thinking and wondering about you and the little one =0)
Old 08-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #11  
hot mama!

We're back home and doing great! Getting started on BF'ing is a little painful, but it's worth it.

Little miss is wanting to nurse (AGAIN) I'll be back later. =)
Old 08-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #12  

Yay!!! Congratulations! Two little girls, ahhh. So exciting! Hang in there and try to get as much rest as possible.... =0)

Last edited by kifli; 08-19-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #13  

Oh congrats on the new addition to you lovely home! I know how you feel being in this Texas heat I just had my second baby on Aug 13th it has been so brutal!

I as well have a daughter who is now a big sis and so far she is doing good, she loves to give him kisses and she tells everybody about her baby. hang in there with ur daughter she will do great and so will yall.
Irispetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #14  
hot mama!

Thanks. My 3 y/o is REALLY having a rough time. I hope it gets better soon because she's driving me nuts! I feel awful saying that because her world has just been turned upside down. Part of me thinks she might do better after grandma leaves... My mom spoils her rotten (It's her job to, I know) and sometimes her attitude gets rotten too... haha.