Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

thanks for the congrats ladies, pacSun, i think you can do the 10 lbs...so far the scale just isn't moving, but my attempts have been half-a$$ed like i said.

abbysue, thanks for the advice, how is the plan going? i'm starting to do some abs exercises now.

Thomas is 7 weeks today!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 168/161/130

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Jendiet! That's hard work, especially with a new baby!

I'm so glad you started this thread! I just started dieting two weeks ago to lose baby weight. I have a 7 month old and have just begun solid food, but her main nutrient is breastmilk. It's hard to find much info or support on nursing and dieting unless you want to do Weight Watchers.

I'm doing the Slow Carb diet from Tim Ferriss's book The 4 Hour Body. It isn't a calorie restricting diet, so I figured it was a little safer than restricting calories in regards to not having to worry about my milk supply.

So far so good. I'm not THRILLED with the diet, but it's better than holding steady for 6 months.
jennegirle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:47 AM   #18  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Well, the scale is back on it's way down from father's day weekend. That took more time than I expected for me to recover! But now that I've recovered and made progress, I'm feeling much better about the whole thing! Still not sure why I didn't lose more though, I may need to just be patient with slower loss right now. I had a couple days of lower net calories than I should be getting (ended up between 1400-1500) and have noticed a drop in milk supply for the baby. He has been nursing on both sides, tugging a little and doesn't seem satisfied after nursing for awhile. We have lots stored in the freezer so he has had a couple bottles, but I see now that I'll have to be very careful not to mess with that. Especially when I do my exercise at night but haven't yet accounted for calories, so then I either eat late at night or skip it and go to bed- which is what has caused that deficit. And before anyone suggests it, I am N.O.T. a morning person, so don't go there!

I think I may be pushing it too far, too fast. I just so badly want to get out of the 200's!! I was still losing 2+ pounds per week on the 1850 cals/week, so I shouldn't mess with it. I think it's just the mentality of being 200-something pounds. Is that totally weird?
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Everything is going good. I have yet to see the scale stay the same or increase and that is wonderful! I know it will happen eventually and it won't be the end of the world but its nice that it hasn't this far. Started writing down what I am eating. Not counting calories or adding it all up but I figure its a good thing to have in case I do start stalling or gaining.

How is everyone else doing?

Landon started teething and we nurse side-lying at night so I can sleep too. Well the other night he must have just used my boob as a chew toy because it has been HURTING!!!! Its getting better now but OWEE! He is 15 weeks old today and this just goes by WAY too fast!
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #20  

abby, keep reminding me because I need it. I think how desperate i am to get a break from the boobie monster, but then i can't stand to be away from him for too long.

lol..about the chew toy. I commend you on still nursing the little bugger with chompers. I hope i can do it.

I was worried about my supply again, because i put him on to nurse, and he got fussy and screamed, then he pulled off and had mouthful of milk...so i know he was getting something. Turns out he was just tired.

I am down to 199 again, been bouncing around a little. I wish the scale would keep going down too. Enjoy it woman!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 227/227/160

Height: 5 foot 7

So happy I found this thread! I just found the site and had to join when I saw this thread! I have an 11 week old baby girl, I'm exclusively breast feeding and having a very hard time losing baby weight! I was 190 pre-pregnancy, after her birth I was down to 218. I now weigh 227. I have always heard nursing helps you get in shape, but apparently not as much as I would like. I have an extremely hard time sticking to diets, and I go to the gym as much as possible. But it doesn't always work out when I need to find a sitter. I really have no idea where to start. Should I just count calories and see where that takes me? I would Try to start arous the 2000 mark? I hope being able to talk to a group of ladies in the same situation will help me get motivates, cause I have definitely been slacking so far!
Brinty149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

brinty,
I would definitely start keeping track of what you are eating. But make sure they aren't empty calories. Our babies need us to be eating lots of healthy food!! Welcome! This entire site is just amazing!
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

I would like to join this thread- I've got a 5 week old daughter, that I am nursing. Yesterday, I started my plan:

-1800 calories/day
-30 grams fiber/day
-100 grams protein/day
-no more than 150 grams carbs/day (after subtracting fiber)
still working on a sugar limit. Obviously drinking tons of water.

I'm starting at 200lbs even, with an eventual goal of 140. 5'6". I didn't have a c-section, and physically I feel good, so I'll be starting Turbo Jam next week (when the kids are napping, I've also got a toddler.)

Jendiet, congrats on 20lbs down!
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #24  

Hey Everyone...id also like to join you guys.
Jendiet my baby was born just 2 days after yours 5/7.
Im nursing her and also taking care of my 16 month old ( I must be crazy)

Trying to find the time to work out has been a hassle.
I used to love to do the Walk away the pounds DVD however I just dont have 45 minutes to workout each day.
Last night I saw the infomercial for the 10 minute trainer, it looked pretty interesting, I just dont want to spend that much money for it.

Also trying to eat all those calories is killing me. Im not doing such a good job at that. I try to eat small, low fat snacks during the day to help but I still seem to miss the mark with getting all my calories in. I do drink water all day long so hopefully that helps some.

Good luck with everyones weighloss journey. I sure what to shed these pounds soon!
mscreneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #25  

hey ladies...mscre, that is cool our babies are the same age. Yeah sounds rough with a 16 month old. I have been taking little man for a stroll in the stroller with my friend. we are getting about 2 miles in a walk. Her baby is 11 months.

jemini, you and mscren are twinkies. Both of you have your hands full, you have a good plan though! Really your plan is good for ANYONE.

Brinty, i agree with starting to log what you are eating. Try NOT to change your diet yet. Just log what you are eating, if you can do a 24 hour recall of what you ate yesterday, that would be best. So you can see what you are eating. Obviously on your current diet, you have been gaining, so you need a little tweaking.

I am drinking nursing time tea, and realized i had some red rasberry leaf too. I am going to add that to my tea. I hope it helps. I wish i would stay full of milk 24/7. I hate the full then empty thing my breasts are doing.

Good news is I am down to 198 today. I hope to keep trudging downward.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #26  

jendiet- I've decided to just jump in and start changing my diet and counting calories. I know what I am doing wrong... EVERYTHING. lol
Today is day 1!

1800 calories
5-6 servings of fruit and veggies
and water water water.

doesn't sound like much. But I eat terribly. Maybe 1 or 2 fruits and veggies a day. and barely any water. I would also like to start couch to 5k next week, but I'm not sure if I should at my current weight.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #27  

Brinty, i think your plan is good. couch to 5k might be ok if your joints aren't too terrible.

I got a good quality pump today, and maybe i can start pumping and storing...

i've been bouncing around 199-201 still. Come on scale! Come on body.

hang in there ladies.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #28  

Did horrible today because the fair was in town... Taco salad, mcdonalds, kraft dinner, and a couple drinks! Tomorrow is a new day and I wil ne back on track!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #29  
Mum of 3D now!

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Hi ladies!!!! I so wanna jump in here! I have a 5 month old and have been breastfeeding her the whole time. I started WW a week ago yesterday and have been having a pretty easy go of it! I also joined a gym this week and have gone twice. I'm pretty sure my baby who I call Meme is teething because she has been super cranky all week and driving me insane!
Mumof 2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #30  

welcome mum, this thread is still alive. ugh a teething baby, i remember going through that with DS. Hang in there. Good for you that you are joining a gym...and you are making good healthy decisions.

Brinty, just pick yourself up and dust off and keep going. Hopefully you did alot of walking to offset the unhealthy noshing.