Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Red face Fall Babies, 2011 :D

Any other moms-to-be this fall?

I am 5 weeks along and feeling so fatigued already, which makes me hungry and want to sleep. Augh. I don't want to become a mad woman who gains 70 pounds during pregnancy so I am looking for some buddies here going through the same thing for support.

My expected due date is October 4, 2011. This is my first, but I have 2 step children ages 1 and 2. The one year old has a birthday on October 3, so this should be fun. I'll have So excited for baby!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey just saw this. Im due Nov 29th!
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #3  

Oh yay! I haven't been on 3FC in awhile but I checked back today. Are you excited? Are you currently trying to limit your weight gain during the pregnancy or just going with the flow? I haven't been trying to limit but switching from a lower calorie (1400 or so per day) diet, to a more nutrient rich diet it has been making it hard for me to eat 1000 more calories a day than I'm used to.

At my first appointment my baby was measuring a week smaller than I figured, so the OB changed my EDD to October 11.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hi everlasting--

Congrats! What part of Michigan are you from? I was born in petoskey!

I'm having a summer baby and my fatigue lasted FOREVER. The big that helped my fatigue AND will help your baby is an increase in protein. I get about 100 grams of protein a day. A big way to increase good protein and calories is nuts. I eat a handful of almonds every day after breakfast but before lunch. I also switched to a protein shake most mornings because my nausea was so bad that I couldn't think of eating anything.

Congrats again!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #5  

Jessica-- I live in Petoskey now! I just moved here in January, but it is great so far. Went off down to the Bear River to do some photography for a book a few days ago. Old man hired me to take photos for his book he's writing about Ernest Hemingway and how he spent his summers here growing up. Learning some pretty cool Petoskey history now! Anyway... lived in Marquette for the past 6 years for college, and grew up in the farm fields outside of Saginaw, so I'm a born and raised Michigander!

I am going to try that Brewer diet mentioned on the other thread now. I will see if it will helps the fatigue and headaches and dizziness which is currently killing me. At any rate, it has to be helpful... looks like good foods, and if I stick with that I'll at least avoid more stupid foods that I shouldn't eat, and fill up on good stuff. I like to have a fruit smoothie in the morning for breakfast... it'd be good if I could find a way to add some protein to it. Nuts... peanut butter... haha... I'll figure something out.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I am due October 16th. I am faithfully recording calories, but I have not been very effective at limiting them! I am just so HUNGRY, all the time. The only way to get full and stay full is to eat about 1000 calories in a sitting, but obviously I can't do that, so it's nibble-nibble-nibble all day and never feel full.

I have put on about 6-8 pounds by the scale (depending on if you count from conception or from the low weight I hit 2 weeks later), and that's not bad for 14 weeks, but I swear it looks like 20 lbs. It's all in my abdomen, but it's not bump, it's bloat. It's driving me crazy.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #7  

Shmead, I seem to go back and forth from super hungry days to not so hungry days... like when I was into intense running last summer/fall... except now I'm not running. Haha... Some days I'm ravenous and other days not. Probably depends on what I'm eating and how I'm feeling... but ick... things aren't so predictable as they used to be. I feel like I've gained a ton in my abdomen.

Deltawifey, sorry about your husband deploying. That must make things so difficult! I'm going 4 hours away for a summer job for just 2 months of my pregnancy and I'm worried about how I'm going to handle being away from my husband for so long, but 12 months seems like such a long time. I'm glad there is some community on here too though. I have hubby at home, but we just moved out to the country in a new city, and I've been sick, and know nobody here yet. Far from family and friends.

I weighed this morning... hadn't in a couple weeks, and I was up 4 pounds... considering that I went 2 weeks without, and was also wearing partial pajamas, and hadn't done the morning business yet, I'd say I'm probably still in the clear.

Trying for healthy eating today. I had eggs and ham for breakfast, with a whole wheat English muffin. That held me off until now... just had a plum... but I'm still hungry so I might find something else to eat... albeit husband will be home in an hour and a half for supper.

I also did a LOT of walking today. Went into town and wanted to go to the library but when I got there it was not open for another hour so I walked around the park. Then I did some more walking in some stores because I decided that my clothes are horribly uncomfortable and I need a few things to wear. Sadly I got rid of all my summer clothes above size M pretty much last fall because I was moving and had lost quite a bit of weight. Wish I would have kept those shirts though because none of mine fit properly... so I found a few cheap shirts that have room to grow, and a couple summer dresses with lots of space, as well as some leggings. (Nowhere in town sells maternity clothing apparently... but I'm sure this stuff will be comfy all the way through, and will look nice enough for work.)
Old 04-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #8  

I think I felt my baby wiggling today!!!!!! Active little baby!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #9  

I'm wanted to wait until baby was born to find out, but now I'm thinking I'd like to know. DH is obsessively thinking we are having and hoping for a boy. He won't even help me think of girl names, and he always calls the baby "he". We've had a boy name picked out since before we were married (and he said our first child would be a son) I kind of like the option of finding out now so that he can get used to the idea of whatever it is and just be happy when baby is born and not disappointed. DH doesn't want to find out the gender though... buuuut we still don't have another appointment for 2 1/2 weeks so there is time to think it over.

Are your first two boys or girls?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

Height: 5'4"

Hey there! I think I will be due mid-december, technically in the Fall. I am about 6 weeks along. Today I had my first brush with morning sickness, although it was in the afternoon instead of the morning. So far I have lost 1 pound. I am not sure how that is possible, but I read that your metabolism is super high when you are pregnant.
kwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

My boyfriend really wanted to find out the sex of the baby. I wanted it to be a surprise but he doesn't ask for much so I gave in. My doctor was really glad because I had amniocentesis and that gives you (obviously) definitive results on the sex and she said that it's really hard to keep it from the parents at that point.

We fought sooooo much over names that I'm glad we found out because at least it could narrow the search.

Right now, mine has bought a trampoline that she's jumping on. Especially at night. She's a bit of a night owl.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #12  

Ooooh I can't wait for my little wiggly baby to come out. I keep having dreams. I want my baby more every week when I have to give my stepkids back to their evil mom after only having them for 3 hours. I'm very attached to them and they're not in a good place right now... I hope the courts will hear our side soon. DH is a very good man, pays his supports on time every time, and has never once been late or declined any scheduled meeting time with his kids. His ex-family has been even worse about things since they found out we are having a baby. I guess I knew this would happen... that's how they are... sigh... Anyway, it's very difficult to give up those kids every week! I want one that I can keep. Albeit, it won't stop us from trying to get more time with the kids.

Ack... so that's a completely different subject but it's on my mind!!! Does anyone else have stepkids?

I'm making a big effort to eat healthy this week and exercise. Exercise is on well between playing hard with the kids, and going on long adventures with my "boss" to get photos for his book. Eating is also somewhat good. I've done great on meals at least, but I tend to crave a sugary snack in the afternoon when I start to get tired... still probably not going over my calorie level because of it, but it would be better to eat a healthier snack.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Hiya - I'm due 9/23 which is technically the first day of Autumn, right? I'm currently very grumpy because I failed the 1-hr glucose test and have to schedule the 3-hr test sometime this week. We have the gender u/s on May 9 and I can't wait to hear the results. I can't feel anything yet, but I was told that I have an anterior placenta which may delay the quickening a few more weeks.
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #14  

I never received any results of how I did on the glucose test... so hopefully that means everything is okay. I'd have thought they would have gotten in touch with me otherwise.

My anatomy ultrasound is next week too! Excited!

I just sneezed and had horrible pains in the uterus. I hope I don't have to sneeze again soon. It felt like the baby was trying to crawl out of my bellybutton.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

Ugh...I feel queasy all the time. Is there any hope for the end of the morning sickness? It is so hard to go to work and act normal (still too early to tell anyone) when I would rather be barfing.
kwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote