3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Pregnant - Nursing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/)
-   -   Updates - who had their baby in the last little while? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing/216296-updates-who-had-their-baby-last-little-while.html)

sacha 11-01-2010 11:51 AM

Updates - who had their baby in the last little while?

1 Attachment(s)
How are you all? How is the baby? I know everyone updates their weight in the nursing thread, but what about the rest of life eh? :)

Alex is now almost 20lbs, just turned 5 months old, and no longer has colic! :carrot:

Where are the rest of you and how are your little babes?

Gale02 11-01-2010 12:39 PM

It's really great to hear from you Sacha! I'm glad that everything is going well and WOOHOO for no more colic!!

Eli will be 2 months old on the 3rd, and he's doing great! He's not a fantastic sleeper, but he does ok and tends to be pretty mellow for the most part. He had a touch of colic until he was around 6 weeks old, but nothing too serious.

Big brother Caleb (almost 2 yrs) thinks Eli is the most fun thing EVER and just doesn't understand why he can't lay with (on) him and carry him around and feed him cereal and play cars with him... it's pretty cute. I have to keep a close eye, though. :)

I'm doing really well. The second baby was a MUCH easier adjustment than the first one was in almost every way. We're back into a pretty good routine and life is moving forward with our new normal. As it was with Caleb, I just can't imagine life without my new little man!

I've lost all of my Eli weight and am now working on losing my Caleb weight. I hope to be down to my pre-baby weight (about 60 more lbs) by the time Eli is a year old. I gained A LOT with Caleb and relatively little with Eli. I learned. :)

mom4life 11-01-2010 03:24 PM

YAY! no more colic!
Eli is 14 weeks right now and is just the sweetest thing. He didn't have colic at all...so happy about that. I'm still nursing/supplementing him, he's doing so much better with the nursing now. I only supplement 1-2 times a day. He's sleeping so much better lately without the 3am play-time he had before....thank goodness. He's been such a joy and adjusting with all 5 hasn't been too bad thank goodness for the help I get from my dh.
I'm 13 lbs from my prepregnancy weight. I don't get much time yet to walk on my treadmill because Eli loves to be held when he's awake. But I do have a Zumba class I go to twice a week that I love. I decided to order the set so I can do it at home when Eli gets to be more mobile.
Over all...life has been sweet. :)

CoolMom75 11-01-2010 05:27 PM

yay! I'm glad you are all doing well. I check back here occasionally and it seems the pregnancy threads have completely dropped off. I'm still waiting for my little one. :)

sacha 11-05-2010 07:11 PM

Gale- 2 months already? WOW. Time flies :) Hope you've gotten a few hours of sleep in a row by now. Glad to hear #2 was an easier adjustment. You know what they say - at least the 2nd time around you know what to do - you just don't have time to do it cause you got a toddler to deal with! LOL!

mom4life-13lbs already? Yeesh, I gotta pick up the slack, you ladies are doing great! Glad to hear you are doing Zumba, us moms (esp a mom to so many!!!) has got to have some time to herself!!

CoolMom75- Yeh, looks like we went through a baby wave and there's not too many around here that are still pregnant! Looks like a couple of newcomers. Good luck to you and we can't wait for pictures!!!

Gale02 11-06-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacha (Post 3554971)
Gale- 2 months already? WOW. Time flies :) Hope you've gotten a few hours of sleep in a row by now.

Eli does pretty well at night. He goes to sleep around 9:30, eats at 3:30 then usually sleeps until 7 or 8. Sometimes he needs his paci around 5:30 or so, but sometimes not.

Quote:

Glad to hear #2 was an easier adjustment. You know what they say - at least the 2nd time around you know what to do - you just don't have time to do it cause you got a toddler to deal with! LOL!
True story!! :)

sacha 11-06-2010 11:55 AM

I'm jealous :) We're down to 11pm or midnight, 2am, 4am, and up at 5am for the day! That's an improvement :)

zenor77 11-12-2010 12:29 PM

Hi Everyone! Obviously, I haven't been on here much.

Ronan Kent was born on October 2nd at 8:20pm. He weighed 6lbs14oz and was 20.5" long.

We're still adjusting to life with baby, but it's good. He was super fussy for awhile, but I gave up dairy and a completely different baby is emerging! It's amazing how what we eat can effect them so much.

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well!

sacha 11-13-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenor77 (Post 3565647)
Hi Everyone! Obviously, I haven't been on here much.

Ronan Kent was born on October 2nd at 8:20pm. He weighed 6lbs14oz and was 20.5" long.

We're still adjusting to life with baby, but it's good. He was super fussy for awhile, but I gave up dairy and a completely different baby is emerging! It's amazing how what we eat can effect them so much.

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well!

Fantastic news!

Mine was projectile vomiting breast milk with dairy as well. Interesting how fussy they can get with it eh?

CoolMom75 11-15-2010 06:39 PM

I was wondering how you are doing, Zenor! Thanks for the update. Congratulations on baby Ronan!

GirlyGirl 11-15-2010 10:20 PM

Dylan Matthew was born on 10/27/10 after 12 hours of labor! He was 7 pounds, 9 ounces and 20 inches long.

I am 5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight, and I've went from 263 to 222.5 in less than 3 weeks! I was extremely swollen, so most of it was water weight of course. I am happy to be fitting into my old clothes as well. Now on to losing the rest of my extra weight.

Dylan is doing great, he's keeping me on my toes and I am exhausted, but I love him so much!

CoolMom75 11-16-2010 12:38 PM

That's wonderful, Girlygirl! I'm at the puffy, huge phase now and look forward to that same shrinking fun! Congratulations on baby Dylan.