3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Pregnant - Nursing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/)
-   -   You fav exercise while preggo? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing/215919-you-fav-exercise-while-preggo.html)

Latchkey Princess 10-27-2010 04:03 PM

You fav exercise while preggo?

I'm looking for exercise ideas while I'm pregnant. I'm just starting to get over the crippling exhaustion and nausea of the first trimester and am eager to get back into being active. Before I got pg I was doing Turbo Jam, but I feel that might be a bit intense to start back with after not being active for more than 6 weeks. If anyone has any ideas that I can do with my kids that would be great too, I have an almost 3 year old and an almost 1 year old that I am alone with all day (with no car, so taking them to a gym or something with child care is not an option), so doing something with them or that includes them in some way would be ideal, but any ideas would be great!

guamvixen 10-27-2010 04:19 PM

I would try dancing with them. Call me crazy, but Richard Simmons has some really good ones called "Sweatin' to the Oldies, Boogie Down the Pounds, and Party Off the Pounds."

He's funny, full of energy, and kids love them because the music is so much fun! I remember doing Sweatin to the Oldies in Highschool. It was a great work out that didn't feel like a work out.

Congrats on getting past the first trimester! I'm in my third, and the activity I went with was just brisk walking. I take my 9 year old with me sometimes, and we "gossip" it's a great way to bond with her.

Good luck!

kirsteng 10-28-2010 09:15 AM

I was in the exact same position when my older two were the age yours are now. I lived out in the country with no car, and no double stroller either.. oh and dirt roads so that would have been a challenge anyway. What I did was every evening after I put them to bed (by 7:30 pm or so) I'd strap on my sneakers and go for a 30 minute brisk walk. I'd bring my mp3, blast the music.. and go for it. IT was 'me' time and I really enjoyed it. If the weather was bad (too icy, pouring rain etc) I stayed in, went down to the basement with some 5lb handweights, and did an arms and situps routine for 20 minutes or so.

AmandaW 10-29-2010 09:40 AM

I've been a walker and a swimmer. I have a DVD of prenatal yoga, but I haven't found the time to try it yet. I've also done a loooot of housecleaning and organizing. I pretty much make an effort to be active while doing everything. I spent time with a friend and her little boys last weekend: we went to a state park and walked nature trails. I spent time with my mother: we walked around stores planning baby things. When I clean the house, I make the zillion trips back and forth to put something away as I pick it up.

Ok, so that sounds pretty boring limiting it to just walking.. but when I vary where I am or who I'm with, it makes it a little more interesting.

Gale02 10-29-2010 01:00 PM

My kiddos are almost 2 years old and 2 months old and I bought a great double stroller (Bob Revolution Duallie) and walk with them. I walked while I was pregnant, it was the only thing that didn't hurt my knees (side-to-side motion kills me when I'm pg.)

katienail 12-02-2010 03:50 AM

kegels exercise, swimming, and yoga :)