3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Pregnant - Nursing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/)
-   -   Getting Healthy to Get Pregnant 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing/214345-getting-healthy-get-pregnant-2011-a.html)

gretel 10-08-2010 12:15 PM

Getting Healthy to Get Pregnant 2011

I saw the 2010 thread and thought that I would jump the gun on 2011! The doctor recommended three months of prenatal vitamins before trying to get pregnant and I figured that I could shave off another 10 pounds in the next before 2011 too. I've been hoping to be out of the obese category and into overweight (174) before pregnancy, but I can only seem to lose the same two pounds over and over again. I'm currently 196 and plan on staying on plan for however long it takes.

Anyone else here going to be trying for 2011?

GirlyGirl 10-08-2010 01:42 PM

Just wanted to chime in and wish you good luck! I had no problem getting pregnant despite my weight, but in retrospect I wish I had lost some weight prior to. It hasn't been an easy pregnancy, and while my weight was not a direct factor, it didn't help matters! So, you're making the right choice!

Quail 10-10-2010 12:31 AM

So glad to see this thread. I'm hoping to get pregnant in late 2011, like September. That gives me a year to get to my goal weight and get a head start on some medical issues. I just had an ovary removed, so I no idea what it will be like to try get pregnant this time around. I got pregnant on the first try with DS, but I was younger and had two ovaries. We'll just have to see...

Anyway, I'll be checking in often. DS has started asking for a sibling (he's 3) so the clock is ticking. ;)

LoveRyGuy 10-13-2010 10:17 AM

I want to join! I have PCOS and it took 3 years to get pregnant with my son, but only 3 months after starting metformin. I think my pregnancy, which was ****, would have been easier if I had lost some weight before getting pregnant. I guess I just didn't think of it then. I didn't gain weight when I was pregnant, so I want to be on a health path before having another munchkin :)

Gale02 10-13-2010 12:08 PM

My current goal is NOT to get pregnant in 2011, but I am partly getting healthy to get pregnant again sometime in the next couple of years. May I join even though my goal is further out than 2011? (My youngest was born 9/3/10)

rocketbunny 10-19-2010 03:14 PM

I'm in. I got myself down to about 165 for our wedding back in July but have been moving in the wrong direction since. We're both in our thirties, so want to start adding to our family next year.

I've got about 2 more weeks of birth control (trying to make most of the actual pregnancy be in 2011 calendar year) and am feeling a little less motivated knowing that any weight I get off now will go right back on in a few months... But I'm still aghast that I managed to gain 10 lbs in 3 months.

I blame the wedding gifts and my love of cooking.... ice cream maker, bread machine, etc.

Anyway, I'm journaling ww points and getting back to jogging now that most of the summer heat has passed.

gretel 10-19-2010 03:33 PM

Welcome to everyone so far! I am thrilled to see others trying to get into healthy weights before getting pregnant.

Gale02 - I hope that anyone who can offer advice or encouragement will participate in this thread regardless of if and when they are having/had children!

So far, I have accomplished little in terms of weight loss. I've maintained my exercise levels, but two trips have wreaked havoc on my eating habits. I hope to get that under control this week. Curse you, delicious food from restaurants! On the good news side, I've met with the doctor at work and have a-ok blood pressure and cholesterol. I have a full physical planned for Nov. 1 where I hope to make sure I'm up to date on vaccinations (hello tetanus booster) and actually talk to a medical professional about trying to conceive at my current weight. I also pushed myself and ran my first mile in over a year!

How are you all doing?

Gale02 10-19-2010 05:53 PM

gretel, awesome job on running a mile, that's fantastic!

I went to my 6 week post partum checkup today and I am 3 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight, woohoo! All of the weight from baby #2 is gone, now I'm tackling the weight from #1 (around 65 lbs, wow!). After that, maybe we'll talk about having another one. :)

livb528 11-04-2010 12:50 AM

Hi all. I am looking at getting pregnant late 2010 (Decemberish) - early 2012.

My baby girl is 5 1/2 months now. I got pregnant at one of my higher weights of 228 and she was the most wonderful surprise for my husband and I. The pregnancy was mostly easy and uneventful except for my sciatic nerve which has always bothered me but I know was exacerbated by my weight. That hurts like crazy and I really want to lose a significant amount of weight before next baby, if not reach my goal weight.

I'm 5 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight and want to weigh 170. I lost 5 lbs starting out in the month of October :smug: so I'm hoping for continued success this November! I am nursing DD and plan to for as long as I can.

Lunavie 11-06-2010 08:47 PM

Hello ladies! This is exactly what I've been looking for, I've made a personal commitment to eating healthy, and exercising more to lose weight before DH and I starting trying to conceive. DH and I are both 23 years old and I really would like to be pregnant next year, it will be our first and I've had some serious baby fever since we got married last year. I've more than weight in my way, I'm about 240 lbs right now which is my highest weight ever but I'm also struggling with Hypothyroidism; boy has this disease been an uphill battle for me!

I look forward to getting to know you ladies! I am looking for a weight loss buddy if anyone is interested, I'd ideally like to lose 80 lbs before even trying to conceive.

boots 11-06-2010 09:21 PM

Although I just went and got my birth control shot again (I'm actually really LOVING the depo shot!) I just wanted to encourage you guys!

Way to go to trying to lose the weight pre-pregnancy!

I just posted in the other thread how much EASIER my last pregnancy was because I was only 20 lbs smaller than my second pregnancy!

I was able to monitor and control and see direct correlations between my diet and my blood because I had gestational diabetes with all three pregnancies. I was really surprised actually, at the huge difference it made. My energy levels were higher, my mood was better, and overall the entire pregnancy was easier, and the baby was 2lbs lighter! I did control the diabetes through dieting each time, but not so well with the second one as I did with the third one. But just going INTO my third pregnancy with my body healthier was such a HUGE HUGE factor in the health of the entire pregnancy!

So just remember that you're creating the environment where you're going to put your baby, a very very precious baby. You want to make it the safest and healthiest environment possible. Just like after he's born, you're going to feed him safe food and put him in safe blankets and safe cribs, BEFORE he's born you want him to be in a safe place too.

This is something I didn't realize UNTIL AFTER I had my third baby and I was like "wow....the difference was incredible, and I didn't have a stressed out OB because my baby was 9+ lbs!" Much safer and MUCH healthier. If I could have planned ahead now, I'd do it because it was so much less stress, so much MORE energy and so much more pleasant all around!

Good luck! I'm impressed with you all!

Quail 11-07-2010 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boots (Post 3556161)

So just remember that you're creating the environment where you're going to put your baby, a very very precious baby. You want to make it the safest and healthiest environment possible. Just like after he's born, you're going to feed him safe food and put him in safe blankets and safe cribs, BEFORE he's born you want him to be in a safe place too.

Just wanted to say that this is an EXCELLENT way to look at things!

Mitza24 11-09-2010 12:27 PM

I had my first in October of '09 and was the heaviest I have ever been when I got pregnant...almost 170...of course then got up to 205 by the time I had her. But I was lucky that it all came off and then some from breastfeeding. But looking to start trying in the Spring of 2011 and want to make sure I am in tip top shape this time so it can come off easy and I can feel better while pregnant. Looking to be between 135-140 in order for this to happen for have another 5-10 pounds to go and stay at that weight.

Good luck to everyone!

gretel 12-01-2010 10:22 AM

Hi chicks! I just wanted to check in an see how everyone has been doing and to thank everyone for all of the support. I have not made any progress losing weight. I've been bouncing between 194 and 196, unfortunately. I've definitely had a rough time coming off of birth control. My moods are not my own. But after two months, my body seems to be adjusting. I am dedicating the month of December to become an exercise sprint. I'm shooting for ~100 miles by foot or bike still this year. If I could accumulate 230, I would be at 1000 miles traveled for the year.

couponmom85 12-02-2010 04:03 AM

i would like to join.
i have all kinds of issues being irregular.
i pray if i can drop some of this weight i can have a 2nd baby.
my son is almost 4

i have been trying unsuccesfully for 2+ years and my weight has kept creeping up.

so i hope 2011 is the year!