Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220.6/tick/135.0

Height: 5' 5"

Default Brewer Diet

Is anyone doing this? How are you able to eat all that food everyday? It sounds like SO much. I get full really fast right now, I think because of how the baby is positioned (also getting frequent heartburn as well!).

I guess I've been eating too much in one sitting instead of breaking it up into small meals?

At least I will begin to add some more veggies to my diet based on this list.
lindalee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #2  

That's interesting about the migraines and protein. I've been getting headaches daily for the past few weeks now. I wonder if I up my protein if they will stop?
Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I'm in a Bradley class now and they very much endorse the Brewer diet. I wish I would have known about it earlier although I was so nauseous it might not have worked. However, when I increased my protein to more than 100 grams a day, a lot of the worst "all day" nausea went away. So who knows?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

What is 'pregnancy' tea?

I find it hard to stick to a strict anything diet... but I'm going to look at that list and work on more protein in the day. I've been dizzy and have frequent headaches and nausea and I think I am needing more protein in the diet. I've also started to try and steer away from lots of sugars and extra 'white' carbs lately. Going to TRY the Brewer diet and see if I can pull it off, but at least steer close to it and see what happens. My doctor has given me no advice as far as nutrition, weight gain, etc.

Deltawifey, we're at about the same due date! October babies. This is my first baby though, although I have 2 stepchildrern (ages 1 and 3) so I'm used to diapers.

Last edited by Everlasting; 04-21-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #5  

I haven't had a headache today which is a plus. Of course, the day is not over, but so far, the extra protein is working!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Deltawifey, I wonder if they health food place in town might have the pregnancy tea. Do you get it at a store or have to order it? My family has history of pre-e so that's something I've been concerned about. Can't afford a midwife or doula though with the insurance we have, so I am seeing a regular OB, though I'm not completely comfortable with all the things they recommend... more into traditional medicine.

I hope its a nice summer too. I'm already feeling so uncomfortable pregnant. Everyone keeps telling me I am going to like it and will miss it after the baby is out, but I am hating it so far... it just feels so uncomfortable! Ugh. I hope I start liking it soon. Maybe once I get a big round bump that I can look at and feel the baby moving it will be more fun.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #7  

Brewers and Bradley both say pre-e can be fought with nutrition but I have significant doubts. Mostly because both Brewers and Bradley can't seem to get their statistics in order and they will quickly say the women who developed pre-e while following Brewers probably weren't "really" on it. That's really fishy to me.

I don't have pre-e (at least, not yet) nor do I have a family history of it. But I will say the general medical advice (small meals, less processed food, lots of fruits and veggies and more protein) just makes me feel good and I'm glad I didn't stress about it.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Deltawifey View Post
...but lately when I try to get up from off the floor my lower back near my tail bone area starts to hurt so bad.
Ohhhhh! I have this!

So here's what my OBGYN and doula think -- the baby is posterior and resting on my tailbone and that's leading to some sciatica and back pain. I actually can't do the cobbler's pose (butterfly) for more than 10 minutes a day now. However, I can recommend swimming and a birth ball and if you sit or recline on a chair or sofa, to stop doing that. It has drastically reduced my pain.

As far as having a posterior baby (which I immediately began freaking out about), they told me not to worry until I was past week 34.

And I really hate being pregnant. I know a lot of women who liked it but not me.