Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #31  
hand in the cookie jar

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Height: 5"4

good luck!!!
mslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

I'm very frustrated with myself. I lost 3 pounds since 10/10 and gained back four over the holidays. I wasn't in denial that I was gaining again, but I was in denial that I could do anything about it. Being back into a routine will help though. I'm not too upset about it because 2-3 pounds is a normal fluctuation for me and I could be back on track in a couple of days.

Even though I am still 20 pounds from being overweight, we are ttc at the same time as losing weight. I talked to my doctor about it and he told me that I may have to cut back on the exercise and calorie counting if and when I am pregnant. And even though we are trying, I'm still challenging myself to 1,500 miles of exercise in 2011 which will include a 62 mile ride in June. I just won't be disappointed if I can't ride after all

Good luck to everyone in 2011!
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #33  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hello to all! We don't have children yet, and we will be TTC maybe around the summer, and I would love to join this! I would like to lose around 30 pounds before TTC, so that gives me about 5-6 months. I think I can do it, but I know I need to stay accountable! I've started monitoring my calories more closely, and I am going to try really hard to do this. Good luck to everyone
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #34  

I'm not close to trying anytime soon. But still, I would really love to know about a lot of tips regarding the best way to prepare my weight into getting pregnant. That's why I am truly looking forward to any updates this thread may have.

pattynelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 279/243/185

Height: 5'10"

This thread describes me. My daughter will be two soon, and I have had so much trouble with my weight since she was born. I had a miscarriage about 5 months ago and am convinced that part of it was my weight etc. In any case, I'm hoping to get pregnant sometime soon and am hoping to be a bit more healthy than I am now when it happens.
clems mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. My husband and I have started talking about having our first baby (and only as far as I'm concerned) this year. We are both 36 so I said this year needs to be the time or things will start getting dicey. I have been on bc continuously since I was 21, I stopped taking them on the 1st. I plan on making an appointment with my gyn to talk about what I need to do to prepare. I want to lose about 30 pounds prior to getting pregnant so that my bmi is under 30 (so 185 for me).
keziah23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

I am not trying for 2011 but this is exactly what I am getting healthy for. I would like to start the process of artificial insemination hopefully in 2014. I am single and plan on having a baby on my own so I need to be super healthy so that the treatments work and I can get pregnant.

Good luck to everyone trying in 2011!!!
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 245.8/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I am starting South Beach Diet and starting to exercise today. I'm hoping the pounds start melting off so I can work on becoming a MOMMY!!!

Good luck to everyone!
wantabetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

@southernbelle102 - Wow, your progress is incredible! Thanks for joining us!

@wantabetterme - Have you tried SBD before? I did it a couple of years ago and had absolutely no energy the first week. Though, by the second week, I was bouncing off the walls. Definitely stick to the diet for the initial two weeks because there's nothing like seeing a large drop on the scale for motivation. Thanks for joining us!
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Good luck to everyone!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:10 AM   #41  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgregg View Post
My cousin's wife has PCOS and she conceived naturally after losing weight. Good luck to you!!!
this is encouraging! Congrats to her. So nice to see so many PCOS ladies in here!

I'm also not trying to get pregnant this year, but hoping to next year in 2012. I want to really focus on getting healthy and having a safe place for the baby to grow and thrive in (thanks JM).

Lots and lots of BABY DUST!
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:52 AM   #42  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

So great to see everyone on here. Lots of really great goals!

Keep going, everyone!
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 188.2/188.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Figured I'd jump on in here... My husband and I have been talking about this a lot. Our families have been hounding us for years now, even before we got married! We've been telling them that we can't have one until after my sister-in-law's destination wedding... which is now only two weeks away. We both want to get some debt paid down first, though. I don't know when exactly we'll start trying, but I'm pretty sure it will be the first half of this year It's a little terrifying and very exciting all at the same time!

I've gotten lots of comments from family members about the weight loss. I think my favorite so far though is my husband's cousin who said "Wow, you're doing so well! And then you're just going to go and get pregnant..." She was "slightly" intoxicated and very loud. Here's to all of us getting pregnant when we want to and still keeping our weights in check!
LauraLovesWeims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #44  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLovesWeims View Post
Figured I'd jump on in here... My husband and I have been talking about this a lot. Our families have been hounding us for years now, even before we got married! We've been telling them that we can't have one until after my sister-in-law's destination wedding... which is now only two weeks away. We both want to get some debt paid down first, though. I don't know when exactly we'll start trying, but I'm pretty sure it will be the first half of this year It's a little terrifying and very exciting all at the same time!

I've gotten lots of comments from family members about the weight loss. I think my favorite so far though is my husband's cousin who said "Wow, you're doing so well! And then you're just going to go and get pregnant..." She was "slightly" intoxicated and very loud. Here's to all of us getting pregnant when we want to and still keeping our weights in check!
You are doing such a GOOD thing for yourself and your baby-to-be by losing weight before getting pregnant. Even if you gain 30 pounds during your pregnancy, you'll still be less than your starting weight! That's awesome.

Family members can be so stupid. Ugh.

Have fun at the wedding! Sounds like you have some big things ahead!!
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

I stopped taking my bcp on Jan 1 (dec 31 was the last pill I took) and I am losing weight so much fast now that I stopped taking it. I had suspected for some time that it was hampering my weight loss and now my suspicions have been confirmed.

I finally told my mom over the weekend that we were thinking about having a baby. I told her that I wanted to lose another 30lbs first and she said (laughing) "well I can tell you it won't stay off" She was good natured about it though.

I have an appointment with my Gyn. today to talk about what else I need to do before we start trying.
keziah23 is offline   Reply With Quote