Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 07-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 275/226/160

Height: 5'1

wfonseca3017 I have a 8 year old boy and a 2 year old girl! Not sure what I want, right now I just want a brake from the 2 I have. Ether way Ill be happy!
Tiffrutherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #47  

I had a great shower, got tons of stuff, and am so exhausted!! I still have quite a bit of family that didn't make it that are stopping by this week, so I know we will get lots more stuff for little Toby, lol. I am so tired, think I will take a little rest before the nurse comes in to do my vitals.

Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #48  

I love showers!

Ok, so remember I was saying my 2 kids were being A LOT of trouble this summer. Well I got the 8 year old enrolled in summer school. Today I put him on the bus and broke down like a baby in front of everyone!! Now i miss him so much! Ahh pregnancy hormones!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #49  

My pink/blue u/s is Wednesday. I'm hoping for a little boy, since I still have all of Jake's hand-me-downs! Of course, I'll be tickled if I'm having a girl, too--although then I'll have to get used to the "Oh, now you have a COMPLETE family" remarks. (I've actually already been hearing that from some people!!)

Why do people think that 2 kids is the limit these days?
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

I am so happy .... tomorrow is my 30 weeks mark...... 10 to go.

Well I hope some in my family is planing a Shower for me.I got two showers whit my last two pregnancys.... so lets hope for two.

How has names ready.
My are for girl Mia Mickaela and for boy Tristan Devine

Last edited by Tuca125; 07-20-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #51  

I thought you weren't supposed to get showers with babies after the first one?
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:55 AM   #52  

4myself: I heard that also, but you can have a second shower if-- the second baby is a different sex, or the baby's are far apart in age like more then 4 years, your having twins or if its for sure your last one.

However I feel its ok to have showers for every baby you have if you chose, there is no set rule...Now if your having 7 kids back to back and a shower for each one, you may find that people are a little "ify"... but hay I say send out the invitations anyways!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:01 AM   #53  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

I've decided that i don't want a "shower" but would rather have a welcoming party. Gifts optional, just a bbq and cake, no real shower games. Though I'm going to get in on an american apparel co-op and buy a bunch of white lap tees and then get some fabric markers and have family decorate tshirts for the new bean and DS.
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #54  

For my SIL's first, we did a big shower...for her second, we did a "sprinkle", where everyone pretty much got her diapers and wipes and bath stuff and bottles...the stuff you really need.

Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #55  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!
It looks like a new round of pregos is rolling in! I must be bringing up the rear at 33 weeks! Things with the pregnancy have been going great! Weight gain has been decent...14 lbs. We had our 4D u/s at 32 weeks, I am attaching a few pictures of our sweet lil guy! I can't believe how much you can see! He looks just like his daddy!

This is our first, plus the first grandchil and great grandchild, so my mom is going ALL out with the baby shower!

Pictures from our 4D:

blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #56  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

blueyedlvrgirl- I don't mean to be a threadcrasher as I am not expecting.... HOWEVER, can I just say that the 4d pics you posted are amazing?!?! I am TTC and occasionally take a peek n here! I am just in awe of this new type of ultrasound. How awesome!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #57  

Cool picks!! WOW..I have a question...We are all kinda do at the end of summer into Nov right? Well I was talking to my Mother-in-law about the holidays and honestly I'm kinda worried about taking a new born out during flu, RSV and cold season especially around kids and large groups of people and the baby will be too young to be vaccinated..I'm due 22 of Nov. so he/she will be MAYBE 6 weeks old around the holidays (Thanksgiving is out)..has anyone thought of this? What will you be choosing to do? We have over 5 houses to visit as we was a BIG family...

Last edited by Tiffrutherf; 07-21-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #58  

Well for us that's easy. We aren't vaxing at all until our LO's are ready to start school. We gave DS Some of his vax's before stopping but this LO won't have any.

I'm mean, no one can hold the baby w/o washing their hands and I've got no problem telling my family no, We just do lots of hand washing and any other preventative measures we can.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #59  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

My son was born on November 21st last year. Like you said, he was too little for his first round of vaccines by the holidays, but we were just very careful. We didn't take him anywhere with crowds for the first 5 weeks (as per Dr's orders). After that, we didn't let many people hold him and those that did either washed their hands first or used anti-bac gel (that I carried with me.) People usually understand when you tell them no, especially if you explain that it's RSV season. When we started going back to church and things like that I just kept him in his infant carrier, that way no one would be able to pick him up!

You won't be able to protect them from everything, and sometimes you just have to let go a little. It was scary for me the first time I put my son in the nursery at church, and he did get sick (ear infection & cold), but it wasn't the end of the world. My fears were definitely worse than the real thing.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #60  

I'm seriously right now. My DS has had what I thought was heat rash for 3 days now. I'm starting to wonder if it's 5ths disease. his cheeks are red but he doesn't really have the lacy rash over his body just heat rash looking. UGH