Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #1  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Exclamation BC that won't make you gain weight??

Does anybody know of or have experience with a BC that will not make you gain weight or make it hard to lose? I went on the Depo shot after having my first son and had an awful time losing the weight, even with BFing. I finally started losing the weight when I stopped getting the shot. Then we got pregnant and I gained weight. Now, after having our second son, I need to find a good BC...but I don't want to have trouble losing weight again! Not ready for a third baby, so definitely need to find something soon!
THANKS!!
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

MIRENA!!! I love mine! It's an IUD (or IUC as it's sometimes referred to) and it's fantastic! Safe while breastfeeding and does NOT contain estrogen so there's no crazy hormone induced side effects like weight gain or mood swings! It can stay in up to 5 years but can be taken out anytime. It doesn't mess with your cycle so when you're ready for another baby, you don't have to wait for ovulation to resume.

Mine was 100% covered by ins. (just paid a co-pay for the insertion fee).

Best part? It's 99.9% effective! No pills or patches, just worry free!!

I'm totally aware that I sound like a commercial, but I'm really excited about Mirena because it literally solved ALL my BC concerns. I also read every word of the 30 page pamphlet my Midwife gave me so I'm pretty well informed!!

Please feel free to PM me if you want to chat!!

Edit to add: you're not alone with the Depo issue. The majority of women who get it gain weight and average weight gain is 15lbs! I learned this directly from a Nurse at Planned Parenthood.

Last edited by hotmamacitax2; 11-16-2008 at 02:07 AM.
hotmamacitax2 is offline   Reply With Quote