Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #46  
Goodbye Fat!

Have a fun and safe trip Mia!

Well any suggestions on how to ward off cravings for fried foods? I never eat them and that is all I seem to want now.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #47  

Good afternoon mommies. I've got bronchitis so haven't been doing much. I've been drinking tea with lemon and honey and eating too much salt. For some reason salty things seem to make me feel like I'm breaking up the congestion. I'm sure it's not good for my weight though.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 AM   #48  
Goodbye Fat!

That's funny because whenever someone has a cold with congestion or a really bad cough my MIL tells them to eat pretzels and potato chips because the salt will help them. I don't know where she got this information but it's hers.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:22 AM   #49  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

i havent tried that one yet but next time i get a cold i may think about that
soo how has everyone been? im still in n.c. right we are leaving to go home this evening. My appetite has been so flip floppy and the the nausea definetly has kicked in its seems i can only take a bite out of something before i cant eat it anymore.

anyway you guys have a great day and ill check in when i get back
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #50  

Default things that helped me avoid sickness

Not preggo anymore (whew!) but had twins in December '06. Had singleton in February '05. Twins are supposed to make you SO much sicker, and I had terrible morning sickness with my singleton. I wasn't though, and the bad sickness lasted only about 4 weeks. Very manageable!

Things that really reduced morning sickness for me:

NEVER HAVE AN EMPTY STOMACH - took food to bed with me so I could snack all night!
PROTEIN - natural peanut or almond butter on whole wheat crackers
GINGER GUM - couldn't stand the ginger tea, but the gum really helped
SEABANDS - a little extra pressure when I felt the nausea creeping up
HERBAL TEAS - drank pregnancy tea (nettles are awesome for iron), peppermint helped with nausea as well

We didn't find out we were having twins until I was 21 weeks, so maybe if I had known I would have been sicker. I had ALL the other symptoms though, so I don't know why I didn't suspect it.

I have heard that hypnosis helps with nausea as well. I did hypnosis for childbirth, but hadn't started it when I had morning sickness. My diet was excellent for the babies, and I think this was why I didn't get sick as badly.

Congrats on all your little buns!
cjc92802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #51  
Goodbye Fat!

Mia, smells have been getting to me and making me so sick to my stomach. I tried to do laundry and the dirty clothes just got to me I don't know what it was. They were just the normal dirty sweaty clothes from DH but I couldn't handle it. He had to do them. We just reversed the roles I folded and put up and he sorted and washed. I was surprised I didn't find any pink socks so he did a great job!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:10 AM   #52  

lol i have a hard time brushing my teeth in the am without gagging

Carrie- thanks for the info!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #53  
Goodbye Fat!

That's so funny because I do the same thing with brushing my teeth. I know I am just being paranoid today, but I am so nervous about our next doctor's appointment at work. The reason being this. DH is very well let's say dumb about the whole pregnancy thing and sometimes he just says things that he should not say. The other night he said, "how do we know if there is a really a baby in there?" He said this because a girl he works with had a miscarriage, blighted ovum, a few weeks ago. So I am so paranoid what if I have the same thing and there is no baby. Now I can't stop thinking about it. Sorry if I have made you worry.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:31 AM   #54  

aww dont worry hubbies do not realize how sensitve pregnant women are. My hubby says things all the time that is meant as a joke but i still take it out of context
Old 04-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #55  
Goodbye Fat!

I know he just really made me mad that day. He has been real supportive and great with helping around the house and cooking his own dinner...mostly frozen pizzas
Old 04-25-2007, 12:34 PM   #56  

Yes, smells and brushing my teeth still get me. I'm finally feeling better from what turned out to be pneumonia, so I'm trying to get back to healthier eating and a little exercise. Dolly, dh's are clueless, just put on ignore all the stupid things and be thankful for the rest :-)
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:16 PM   #57  
Goodbye Fat!

I have come to realize that. Getting pretty excited our next appointment is not this Friday, but the next so can't wait!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #58  

dollie mine app is on the 4th too! and thats day is my bday

Lisa i hope its okay to call you that my hubby did the dumbest thing yesterday but sweet he decided to pick me up a new work uniform because i have been complaining about all my scrubs getting too tight he calls me and ask me if a 4x is okay! i was like what am i going to do with a 4x? even in my ninth month i wont be that big (i just had to roll my eyes and think well its the thought that counts)
Old 04-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #59  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Hi gals. I am still here. I have been rather a pig these loast few weeks and have put on more weight than I wanted.

I have felt pretty nauseous and eating is the only thing that seems to ease it - but I have been making poor choices. All I wanted were the things I denied myself during my diet.

But I'm going to try very hard to keep it down from now on - I really don't want to have to struggle afterwards.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #60  

hi robsia dont feel bad my hubby keeps asking me if i think im having more than 1 because i picked up weight i havent found the energy to work out anymore and im soo nauseous all the time that when i do eat its whatever im craving for. I am realizing i do need to slow down maybe ill get it together soon