Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Default Anybody else with nursing toddlers?

I know I can't be alone.

My son just turned two.
peasandcarrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/218/150

Height: 5'5

I have a 23 month old "beast in children's clothing" - I fear she'll never quit
akpolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:27 PM   #3  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I've been nursing and pregnant for the last 5 years LOL! I cut my first son off at just over 3, when I couldn't stand the tandem nursing anymore (and he was emotionally ready). And I just cut my second son off at 2.5yrs because I am pregnant and it was painful without any supply (and I do not want to tandem again). He was pretty good with it, since it wasn't there anyway.

In a couple weeks, I'll have my third son and start another 3 years of nursing. I'm scared to see what my boobs look like when its all done. ha!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Cool Mom I really feel for you that is a long haul. Congrats on your latest upcoming child.

Count me in and thanks for starting this thread. I have a 2 and not quite a half year old. My son who is 9 now stopped nursing on his own at this age and I really wish my daughter would do the same but she is showing no sign of waining or weaning yet.

Me on the floor stretching, lifting weights situps you name it....and my little buttercup marches in and says in the sweetest little voice "may I nurse mommy"

I am curious if I will lose weight when she weans. I lost 10lbs over night with my son but I wasn't too carefull about how I ate back then so it may have been that I was much less hungry.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #5  
resident lactivist

I have not one but two nursing toddlers! Linda is a little over three and she swears she's going to nurse when she's in college. Esther is sixteen months old & hopefully will go until at least three. As of yesterday, I've been breastfeeding nonstop for five years, through two pregnancies (thankfully I never totally lose my milk). I'm on my second round of tandem nursing.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #6  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I have one, too! I'm tandem nursing my 2.5 year old son and 7 month old daughter, plus pumping for a friend's babe. I'm not one of the lucky ones who loses weight while breastfeeding, my body holds on to fat like I'm going to be nursing an entire preschool.

My DD is just now outgrowing dairy and soy sensitivities (I'm happy, my son was sensitive until 16 months!) so I'm adding dairy back into my diet and starting South Beach again. My husband has been at sea for several months and I've been making some really unhealthy meal choices while he has been gone. Let's just say that my DS now thinks that lunch is always handed to us through the car window.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:04 AM   #7  
Kiera

S/C/G: 183/180/130

Height: 5.6

I also have a nursing toddler =) She will be 2 on the 28th and still going strong. She finally FINALLY slept through the night the last two nights. WOOHOO!!
LiviAudsMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #8  

Location: Ft Campbell KY/Clarksville TN - studying in Vancouver BC

S/C/G: 220/113/100

Height: 5'5''

*raises hand*

He'll be 2 on the 30th and is still going 5-6 times per day. It confuses the **** out of me with figuring out WW points. I have a half decent supply (I get mildly engorged if he doesn't nurse for several hours) and he's nursing a lot but there's no way I deserve the entire 10 points (except for times when he's ill and nursing is 100% of his diet - which was the scene about 2 weeks ago. Poor boy couldn't even hold down water, breastmilk was it so he was on it literaly every hour). I compromised though and I give myself up to 5 extra points depending on how much he nurses. It's going pretty well. I know that my body is hanging on to a bit of weight for him though and as soon as he stops it's just going to fall right off.
Tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/169/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Rightcher! (as we say in Texas)

My DD is 21 months old. She's my 4th. All the others were weaned a little after two, with a little gentle guidance from Mom. This one had cancer a year ago last year and nursed all through it. She can nurse as long as she wants to -- of course, she may have to choose an instate college. LOL.

She's pretty feisty and independent, so it won't surprise me if she just up and stops out of the blue one day.
CalypsoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:33 AM   #10  
Kiera

S/C/G: 183/180/130

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristesse View Post
*raises hand*

He'll be 2 on the 30th and is still going 5-6 times per day. It confuses the **** out of me with figuring out WW points. I have a half decent supply (I get mildly engorged if he doesn't nurse for several hours) and he's nursing a lot but there's no way I deserve the entire 10 points (except for times when he's ill and nursing is 100% of his diet - which was the scene about 2 weeks ago. Poor boy couldn't even hold down water, breastmilk was it so he was on it literaly every hour). I compromised though and I give myself up to 5 extra points depending on how much he nurses. It's going pretty well. I know that my body is hanging on to a bit of weight for him though and as soon as he stops it's just going to fall right off.
I know what you mean. My daughter nurses an awful lot most days and so most of the time I am confused as to if I need the extra calories that a nursing mom needs.
LiviAudsMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:10 AM   #11  
resident lactivist

Can I just say how happy this thread makes me? I'd expect to see it somewhere like Mothering, but this is a pretty mainstream site.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #12  
Slowly but surely

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBigMonsterMomma View Post
Can I just say how happy this thread makes me? I'd expect to see it somewhere like Mothering, but this is a pretty mainstream site.
Well, MDC and C2PP are the other boards I hang out on. Mothering is what changed me from a "I'm going to try to nurse for 6 months" to an extended tandem nursing homebirther. Now I'm here on 3FC to get support in switching over to a better way of eating and becoming healthier.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #13  
resident lactivist

Yes, MDC will do that to you. I'm Sagesgirl over there, btw.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #14  
No description available.

This thread makes me very happy, too....Altogether, I've breastfed for 9 years, tandem nursed for a couple years...I miss it!

More and more women are nursing their babies well into toddlerhood. Or rather, women have done so for generations, but more and more women are feeling comfortable talking about it.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #15  
Slowly but surely

I'm glad to see more women nursing toddlers and child-led weaning also. My grandmother nursed her oldest (my dad) for 8 months but I'm the only one in my family to nurse since then.

I'm Red Sonja over there.