Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-19-2007, 12:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default I got home Tues with my new son!!!

I actually got home last night after an 8 hour drive. I got bumped from the plane after trying to fly on Monday. I did not know and was never told not to travel with an infant under 1 week. I was so blind by the fact that I could get home in an hour I didn't think about it. They re booked me for Friday but then I thought, no way do I want to subject my baby to the loud plane. It was a blessing really. WE drove very slow because it had snowed the night before and the roads were slippery but baby did wonderfully, we stopped for times for feeding and changing.So where to begin.

I arrive on last Wednesday in Whitehorse, I had problems getting a taxi to the hotel and ended up waiting almost an hour to get to the hotel which was a 10 minute car ride down the hill. The next day was taxi craziness again, as I tried to get to my two clinic appointments, one I missed and had to do after the first, at least they were at the same clinic. I ended up waiting and waiting for a taxi and ended up calling my auntie to come get me. We went for lunch and then wandered around Walmart for a bit before my pre-op clinic. I was pretty uncomfy and kept my fingers crossed that I wouldn't go into labor. My mom came in and we went for Chinese. I didn't sleep too much the two nights I was at the hotel.

We went in to the hospital at 6am Friday morning. Everything thing went pretty smoothly until I was in the OR.I had a spinal but it came up too far and my blood pressure lowered and I felt panicky and then got sick, the anesthetist, made some adjustments and I felt find.At 8:43, my third son was born. He was perfect and crying and they kept commenting on how big he was. He was 21 3/4 inches long but seemed so small to me. I had my tubes tied at the same time and they wheel me and the baby back up to our room. Where they weight him and he was 9lbs 15 oz. So not far behind his oldest brother.

He was nursing within 2 hours of being born and hasn't stopped since. He's a very good baby, sleeps and eats. Absolutely hates his diaper being changed. His blood sugars were low and they did monitor that, so he had the heel pokes which are just brutal on my nerves.I had some issues with blood loss but my numbers were up by Sunday. We were discharged but stayed at the hospital until Monday morning.

We went to the airport. Where was the problems ensued.(So too much information might follow for some) I got bumped so my mom and I went to Walmart exchanged car seats, it went great. I'd bought a car seat on Thursday but it didn't fit right in the car and other issues I hadn't thought of until after. They let us even though it was on clearance. We paid an 8 dollar difference for the new one and I love it.We stopped at my aunts to feed the baby. I wasn't feeling that hot, sort of tired and out of breath. I used the washroom and passed a significant sized clot and then mom and aunt noticed the baby was a bit jaundiced.

So we went back to the emergency room. We were there for about 3 hours but all the numbers came back good again. So we went to hotel that night. Tuesday we left for home and the travel was good but I'm still not feeling all that great. I'm trying to remember if I felt like this the last time, tired and out of breath, sort of a not right feeling. I'm tender in one spot but for the most part my incision site barely hurts. It's been over 12 hours since I'm taken any pain meds. I took my prenatal this morning first time since before the baby was born so maybe that will help.

So for the next month I'm too rest and not lift anything heavier than the baby. Hubby will be a big help, same as my brother who helped hubby while we were gone and my mom. We also have the outreach worker from the Canadian Prenatal Program/Healthy Families, Healthy Babies. I"m going back to my doctor today to make sure everything is okay with my heart and lungs because they have me worried. Plus, the numbness in my hands have not gone away completely as I expected.

We named the baby Mica Danil Charles. He's just perfect too!

His brothers are really taken with him. Little M only showed a little bit of jealousy the first time he saw me nursing Mica but since then has been lovey dovey to him and keeps petting him and smiling.

Pictures are on my blog in my siggy!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:17 PM   #2  

He's precious!! Congratulations!!!

vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #3  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

He's a cutie! Congratulations!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:48 AM   #4  
resident lactivist

Congratulations!

I know my second c-section recovery was rougher than my first, even though it wasn't emergent or anything. I really think there's only so much our bodies can take, KWIM? I'm sure you know, but keep an eye on that incision! And breastmilk and sunshine are the best treatment for jaundice, which I'm sure you also know.

I'm glad nursing is going well. I know Linda & Esther both latched on about 12 - 24 hours after birth & it seemed they stayed latched on for the next month.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

congratulations. he's gorgeous.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:07 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations! He's gorgeous
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Congratulations!!!
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #8  
No description available.

Congrats, Donna! I remember when you found out you were pregnant! Boy, other people's pregnancies go so fast!

He is gorgeous and I am glad you are all home and tucked in. REST!!!! Don't make me come up there!

Last edited by midwife; 01-26-2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #9  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, Donna!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #10  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Mary – I’ve been wondering about you and the babies. How are you? Is 2/23 your due date or is that a scheduled delivery date? Whichever it is, it’s only a month away!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #11  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

He's adorable! Its good to hear from another having her third boy. I worry about my (soon to be) middle child in the transition. He is quite passionate and I could see it being very hard for him. Hopefully it will go as well as it has for you, and my Xander won't try and kill his new brother.

Be careful about watching how you are feeling. If you continue to feel so drained, I would get checked again. It is possible to have a piece of something left/bleeding going on in your uterus.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #12  
Bring sexy back

Dawn, that's my scheduled section date. So looking forward to meeting the babies and not being pregnant with twins anymore!

Zoe, watch that youngest son. My friend was on the phone with me after she had her second and she said "oh...savannah (who is over 2) is getting the baby a blanket!" Next thing I know, my friend is screaming "savannah, you're smothering the baby!" She hung up and ran to save the day. Funny and scary at the same time
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #13  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy View Post
Dawn, that's my scheduled section date. So looking forward to meeting the babies and not being pregnant with twins anymore!

Zoe, watch that youngest son. My friend was on the phone with me after she had her second and she said "oh...savannah (who is over 2) is getting the baby a blanket!" Next thing I know, my friend is screaming "savannah, you're smothering the baby!" She hung up and ran to save the day. Funny and scary at the same time
Hey, it looks like we will have similar age differences. My second son's bday is 1/7/04.

My first was 2.5 when my second was born, and was also just as "helpful" with things like throwing the mobile into the bassinet for him to "play with." I'm hoping he'll be my watchdog this time around now that he is five.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #14  

Woo hoo! Congrats! I hope you are feeling better now. He is lovely. Doesn't look like a newborn at all. I love Micah too, what a nice name.
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 AM   #15  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations, he is so precious!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote