Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2000, 10:56 PM   #1  
PartyAnimal&ComputerNerd

I got this recipe from the WW site, and tried it last night. It was awesome. I though I would post it here for anyone who doesn't get over to the WW site and check recipes. Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS

1 bunch spinach, stems removed 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup packaged breadcrumbs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour, extra
1 cup ready-made tomato sauce

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Microwave or steam the spinach until just wilted. Squeeze to remove any excess water and chop it finely.

2. Combine the spinach, flour, cheeses and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Toss a tablespoon of the mixture in the extra flour and form it into an oval. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 36 gnocchi.

3. Add the gnocchi to a pot of simmering water and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes. Gnocchi is cooked when it floats to the surface. Remove the gnocchi from the pan using a slotted spoon. Drain and keep warm.

4. Heat the sauce in the microwave. Serve drizzled over the gnocchi.

TIP!
To maximize the flavor of this dish, choose small spinach leaves with a crisp texture. Smell the leaves for freshness. They should give off a sweet aroma and not a sour or musty odor.

Makes 6 servings
5 POINTS per serving

Per serving: Calories 242.2, Protein 17.2g, Fat 10.6g, Saturated
Fat 6.5g, Carbohydrate 19.2g, Fiber 2.5g, Cholesterol 35.1mg,
Iron 2.8mg, Sodium 442.5mg, Calcium 419.5mg
Closed Thread