Recipe By : Helen B in 3FC Forum
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Italian Pasta (Main Dishes)
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup egg substitute
15 ounces black beans -- canned
28 ounces crushed tomatoes
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup salsa
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
10 ounces lasagna noodles -- uncooked
1 1/2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese, Precious
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend the ricotta, garlic powder and egg in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Mash the beans slightly in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, green pepper, salsa, chili powder and cumin. Mix well.
4. Coat the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the tomato-bean mixture in the bottom of the pan. Top with 5 uncooked lasagna noodles, overlapping slightly. Top noodles with 2/3 of the remaining tomato-bean mixture. Spoon all of the ricotta mixture over the top, spreading carefully. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheddar cheese over all and top with ramining lasagna noodles. Top with remaining tomato-bean mixture and the remaining shredded cheese.
5. Spray nonstick cooking spray on the inside of a large piece of foil, and with the spray coated side against the cheese, tightly cover the pan.
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, remove foil cover and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Fat grams: 5.4
Fiber grams: 5.9
W/W Points: 5
IF YOU MAKE IT IN SIX SERVINGS THE FOLLOWING NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION APPLIES:
Fat grams: 7.2
Fiber grams: 7.9
W/W Points: 7
IF YOU USE PART-SKIM MOZARRELLA, PART-SKIM RICOTTA AND AN EGG THE FOLLOWING NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION APPLIES:
Thanks to Kelly_S for running this through Master Cook for me
Recipe By : The Pillsbury Company
Serving Size : 6
9 lasagna noodles -- uncooked
2 1/2 cups skim milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic salt
18 ounces frozen spinach - thawed and drained
1 cup cottage cheese, 2% fat
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook lasagna noodles to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain and rinse with
2. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In medium saucepan, combine milk, flour and garlic salt; blend well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Reserve ½ cup sauce for top layer of lasagna; stir spinach into remaining sauce.
4. In medium bowl, combine cottage cheese and mozzarella.
5. Spread ½ cup spinach sauce in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles, half of cheese mixture and half of remaining spinach sauce; repeat layers. Top with last 3 noodles and reserved ½ cup sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. If desired,
garnish individual servings with fresh basil and tomato wedges.
From: Meals For You
Makes 24 Servings
WW Points Per Serving = 8.5
Prep: 25 min, Cook: 1:40.
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
1-1/2 lbs. lean ground pork
2 large onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
3-1/2 lbs. canned tomatoes with added purée
3/4 lb. tomato paste
1 cup dry red wine
1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 lbs. part skim ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1 lb. no boil lasagne noodles
2 lbs. fat-free mozzarella cheese, sliced
Cook first 4 ingredients in a large heavy pot over medium high heat about 7 minutes, stirring frequently to break up meat, until browned. Discard excess fat.
Stir in tomatoes with purée and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring to break up tomatoes. Reduce heat to low and simmer , uncovered, about 45 minutes, until sauce is slightly thickened.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine ricotta cheese, next 3 ingredients and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
Cover bottom of a lightly oiled 9x13 inch baking dish with a thin layer of meat sauce. Arrange 8 lasagne noodles in dish. Spoon half of ricotta filling over noodles. Cover with half of mozzarella slices. Spread a third of meat sauce over cheese. Arrange another layer of 8 lasagne noodles in dish. Cover with remaining ricotta filling, remaining mozzarella, then half of remaining sauce. Add a final layer of noodles and top with remaining meat sauce.
Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes, until bubbling throughout. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe serves 24 people. Because this recipe is for a particular size pan, it adjusts the number of servings only in multiples of 12.The instructions describe how to prepare the ingredients for one pan. There are enough ingredients to prepare 2 pans.
Per serving: calories 381, fat 12.2g, 30% calories from fat, cholesterol 93mg, protein 36.4g, carbohydrates 27.1g, fiber 1.5g, sodium 670mg.
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return meat to pan. Add sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Combine cottage and Parmesan cheeses in a bowl; set aside.Spread 1/2 cup meat mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over meat mixture; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup meat mixture, and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining meat mixture over noodles. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
I got this recipe from cooking light. I ended up using Morning Star Farms Crumbles instead of the meat. I also used a little more of the cheese. It was so good and very easy too! I couldn't even tell that it wasn't meat... neither could by boyfriend. Yum!
Here is the nutritional information using regular meat.....
This makes 6 very large servings for 6 points each.
1 jar (28 oz.) spaghetti sauce
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 container (15 oz) fat free ricotta cheese
1-2 cups sliced or chopped raw vegetables, such as mushrooms, broccoli, and bell pepper
1 package (8 oz) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 11 x 7 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Spread 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of the dish; arrange 3 noodles in a single layer over sauce. Top with another 1/3 of sauce, all of the ricotta cheese and vegetables, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, then remaining noodles in a single layer. Spread evenly with remaining sauce.
2. Cover dish with foil, bake until noodles are tender and mixture is piping hot, about 1 hour. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese, bake uncovered 5 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
I made lasagna last night. It was very good and the kids loved it. I just don't know how many points it is. I cut the 6 x 6 pan of lasagna into 4 squares and came up with 8 points. Can anyone tell me if that is right.
The recipe is as follows:
In a 6 x 6 "Gladware" Pan
4 Lasagna noodles
1 small Zuchini, thin sliced
1 C cottage cheese
1 egg white
1 t parmesean cheese
1/2 C Prego
1/2 C stewed tomatoes
1 C Mozz cheese
1/2 C Black beans
Mix cottage cheese, egg white and parm. cheese. In another bowl,Mix prego,stewed tomatoes and beans.
Place 2 noodles in bottom (broke in half). Arrange layer of Zuchini, Layer of cottage cheese mixture and layer of sauce. repeat layer and top with Mozz cheese
This is a lasagna recipe from a Light N' Tasty cookbook. it makes 12 servings and each serving is 7 points. It is YUMMY! My kids and DH loved it
Makeover Lasagna with Two Sauces:
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/2 pound lean ground pork
* 1 cup finely chopped onion
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
* 4 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* Dash paprika
* 2/3 cup bulgur
* 2 cups boiling water
* 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
* CREAM CHEESE SAUCE:
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 4 cups fat-free milk
* 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
* 1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground nutmeg
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
In a large nonstick skillet, cook meat, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the wine or broth. Simmer, uncovered, until wine is almost completely reduced. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Place bulgur in a bowl; add boiling water and let stand for 1 hour. Drain; set aside. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; stir into butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese and seasonings. Cook and stir until smooth. Stir bulgur into meat sauce.
In a 13-in. x 9-in. x 3-in. lasagna dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, spread 1 cup meat sauce. Layer with with 4 noodles, a third each cream cheese and meat sauces and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauces and Parmesan cheese. (Pan will be full.) Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake for 15 minutes. Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 15 servings.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.