Noodles With Spicy Peanut Sauce -- 4 to 5 pts

• I made this for supper on Tuesday and it was excellent!
    Jane

* Exported from MasterCook *

Noodles With Spicy Peanut Sauce -- 4 to 5 pts

Recipe By :Weight Watchers Versatile Vegetarian
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : lowfat Pasta
    Vegetarian Weight Watchers

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    6 ounces linguine -- I use Pritikan Wh. Wh.
    2 tablespoons white vinegar -- distilled
    2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter -- natural
    2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    1 garlic clove -- crushed
    1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
    1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1 cucumber -- cut into thin strips
    1 red bell pepper -- seeded,thinly sliced
    4 scallions -- thinly sliced

Cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, peanut butter, ginger, vegetable oil, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon water. Add the linguine; toss to coat. Add the cucumber and bell pepper; toss again. Sprinkle with the scallions.

SERVING PROVIDES: 2 Breads, 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 1 Fat.

PER SERVING: 247 Calories, 6 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 101 mg Sodium, 41 g Total Carbohydrate, 3 g Dietary Fiber, 9 g Protein, 31 mg Calcium . = 5 WW points with regular linguine

Recipe from Weight Watchers Versatile Vegetarian; post lu 3/98

MasterCook recipe edited for you by Pat Hanneman (Kitpath) 98Feb

Notes: Ww says: "This dish is similar to the noodles with sesame sauce that are so popular in Chinese restaurants. Make a large batch for a gathering and watch the smiles."

Posted to RecipeLu List by Badams ([email protected]) on Mar 03, 1998.

Description:
    "Similar to the noodles with sesame sauce that are so popular in
    Chinese restaurants"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 241 Calories (kcal); 7g Total Fat; (24% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 85mg Sodium
    Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES : Comes out to 4 points if made with Pritikan Whole Wheat linguine [241 cals, 7 g fat(25%CFF), 7 g fiber] .
    I substituted 1/2 bag of "matchstick" carrots (5 oz.) for the cucumber. I just threw the carrots into the pasta water for the last 5 minutes of cooking. I also added 4 oz. of leftover, shredded turkey breast (sprinkled with a bit of teriyaki sauce and chicken broth) and divided this into 2 very filling dinner-sized servings (8 pts each) and 1 lunch-size serving (4 pts). I used Kikkoman Lite soy sauce and then needed to add a bit of salt. I also added a couple of shakes of Cajun seasoning to offset some of the vinegary flavor. This was excellent!-- JaneStarr
    Nutr. Assoc. : -33319 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0