PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Lookingforhope:Oh man, I miss Sweet Tea! That's not a diet thing, it's just not in California! My mother's family is from the South, that's all they drink ever. Mmmmm....
How's your water intake going? My water goal is similar to yours. I aim for 4 or 5 24 oz bottles a day, which is a minimum of 96 oz per day. I just added green tea too, so I'm in the bathroom a LOT! lol

Everyone:I'm so mad! I worked my fanny off yesterday and managed to gain a pound! I guess all I can do is work my fanny off again today and see how it goes. I'm not re-settingmy ticker, I still think I can catch up by Thanksgiving! Gaining muscle, right? Right?
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #62  

Talking 10% gone!!

Hey where is everyone? I need somebody to celebrate with... I've officially lost 10% of my body weight now!

If I make it to 218 before thanksgiving, I'm going to eat a nice big dinner. Mmmmmm
Old 11-21-2006, 05:29 AM   #63  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey girls

I am so sorry i have been MIA i have been so busy the last few days with this bloody wedding . I have now had my hair cut , and been shopping for yet another bag hehe cos the other one look weird with the final outfit, but now its done im all chilled (for now) http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...esanewhair.jpg

Vanessa : Well done on your 10% loss that is excellent hunni , i am so proud of you Congratulations.

Sassy : Did you go dr's about AF if not how is everything ok ?

Jenna : Hunni im sorry i didnt say it sooner but i have been flat out busy , good luck with everything and good luck on your future weightloss.

Lookingforhope: Nice to see you around hunni , we miss you when your not here :hugs: you must pop by more often.

Everyone Else : im sorry if i have missed anyone but i hope your all ok and having a good week , good luck on your weightlosses this week , i look forward to hearing some good news.

Me : I have my follow up fertility appointment tommorow , i hope that i am gonna get some tablets like metaformin or something to try and help me ovualte but im gonna try not to 2nd guess them just see what they say when we get there. Wish me luck.

Take care all

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #64  
TTC #1

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi ladies!
Sorry i been trying to get ready for the holiday, and works been busy!
im doing ok.. Finally A/F arrived. (not pregnant this month) OH well back to the drawing board!
Vanessa! Great news on the 10%.. Keep up the great work!
Hope everyone else is good.. and has a happy thanksgiving..
PrettyPeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:03 PM   #65  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Hey Peanut

Glad to here the witch turned up , at least you can start a fresh now.

Teresa
Old 11-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #66  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Cysters!

Hi Cysters!

Sorry I've been MIA, but we've been working mass Over time! AF so far has slowed back down again, but like I said it now goes hour by hour on how she changes. I have an appt. with my gyn on the 28th and I plan on keeping it even if I'm going heavy.

I also wanted to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:12 PM   #67  
Melissa

Hi everyone! Would you mind if I jumped in here with you all?
My husband and I have been married for 5 years and TTC for about 4 months. I really, really want to get rid of the extra weight (that I've been struggling with for years) that I'm lugging around before pregnancy if at all possible. Plus we're just trying to get healthy!
Anyway, I hope that you don't mind me jumping in here. It's nice to find a like-minded group.
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #68  

Welcome Melissa! How much do you need to lose? What are your plans to lose it?
This is a great group! I hope you stick around!
Old 11-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #69  
Melissa

Oh, thanks Vanessa!! When I came back to look for the thread I realized it is under PCOS, which I didn't see before. I don't want to post somewhere that I shouldn't!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:50 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new here. I've read through the forums for quite a while and just joined this week.

Quick outline on me: I'm 25 yo TTC, PCOS, no AF and just starting Provera. I need to loose at least 140 pounds. Doc wants me to loose as much weight as possible before he will go any further with testing to get me out of high risk range for the pregnancy.

I need all of the support you guys offer to be able to get this weight off. I've tried everything imaginable. It just feels like it doesn't come off. I've had a metabolic rate test done and awaiting the results.

cldavis04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:50 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new here. I've read through the forums for quite a while and just joined this week.

Quick outline on me: I'm 25 yo TTC, PCOS, no AF and just starting Provera. I need to loose at least 140 pounds. Doc wants me to loose as much weight as possible before he will go any further with testing to get me out of high risk range for the pregnancy.

I need all of the support you guys offer to be able to get this weight off. I've tried everything imaginable. It just feels like it doesn't come off. I've had a metabolic rate test done and awaiting the results.

cldavis04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:10 AM   #72  

Hi Christy! Welcome!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:48 AM   #73  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Melissa and Christie! Glad to have you!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #74  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Christy & Melissa Its great to see you both here , i hope you find it as much support and help as we all do.

Just a quick update on my follow up fertility appointment today.

Unfortunatly it was a bit of a waste of time , the consultant was really nice , and she explained to me all my tests , i have no infections , my tubes were clear , my uterus is fine , and the hormone tests show i dont have PCOS as did the scan as i didnt have hardly any cysts , DH sperm test was normal and perfectly healthy so basiclly there is nothing wrong with either of us the only problem i have it not producing an egg very often.

She told me that i would be allowed clomid but not at the weight i am at the moment as she said if she gave it to me now , and it didnt work i would have wasted my chances which is fine i understand that , but now i have to get down to 84kg before ill be offered clomid , which is 6 stone (84lbs) roughly from what i am now , at the moment i weight 120.9kg so as you can see i have a mountain to climb and i feel like its the end of the world right now , she did say that it could happen on its own inbetween time but there is nothing to suggest i will ovulate with or without the help of Clomid.

I really am pissed off right now but i know it could have been a lot worse and i could have been told that i cant have kids at all or something much worse so i am counting my blessing but at the same time i am hurt that they cant help me and wont at this time and im gonna spend another year or so strugling unless im lucky and fall naturally.

Im sorry it wasnt better news but i am optamisitic one day i will get there. I hope you guys dont mine me letting off steam in here i just had to get it out or ill go mad. I hope its ok i stay even tho i no longer am diagnosed with pcos ???

Teresa
Old 11-22-2006, 03:38 PM   #75  

Sassy: Where have you been? I thought about you just the other day. How is everything?

Teresa: I don't know where to begin! Chin up! You're right, things could be MUCH worse.
I'm confused about the scan result and your PCOS though. From what I understand you don't need tons a cysts to have PCOS, I know I had them sometimes and didn't have them other times (I had to have Ultrasounds every month for a while). I wouldn't be 100% convinced yet.
As far as the Clomid and weightloss: You may end up pregnant as you lose weight anyway, without Clomid. Maybe there's nothing to suggest you are ovulating, but is there something to suggest you're not? Your body may not be o'ing now but might when it's healthier. I say to keep losing weight, get yourself healthy, and if you don't get pregnant by the time you get to a healthy weight then you can still fall back on the Clomid.
Please stay positive and please don't leave!
btw- I love your hair.....