PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:38 AM   #31  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Sassy: Sorry that you are having such a rough cycle. Pamper yourself a bit!

Plumptobump: Welcome if I didn't say it before!

Sherry: Welcome! Glad to have you!

Any other newbies: Sorry if I missed you but welcome to the group

----------------------------------------------------

Now for some good news...We got the EOB yesterday that said that the insurance finally paid for my dh's first SA!!! YaY!!! That means that we can schedule his follow up with no problem and no worries! We decided to go through with all the testing on both ends and then go from there. So...even though I said I was going to call the dr's this week, I didn't because he was still hesitant. Once that EOB came in, he said to go ahead and make all the appointments! It feels like a bit of a weight has lifted. He still is nervous of being a parent of a newborn but I think it is the standard fear and he just doesn't understand that.

Weight wise...I am way up from my low point. I know that it has a lot to do with the way I have been eating. I have been under stress from this decision and some family issues but both seem to be lifting so starting Monday I am back on track completely. I plan on making better choices this weekend but we are going to visit my in laws and while I don't eat as much around them, they don't have the best choices to decide from!

Have a healthy weekend!

Deb
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Yay Deb! How exciting!! All the best of luck!

Nothing new here girls - still waiting for period to show her usually ugly, but in this case, beautiful head! Might not be able to try until next month at this rate?? Ugh.

Hows everyone doing??
plumptobump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:39 AM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies.

I made it though work..........................dunno how, but I made it! lolllllll.

I hope you have a Great Day!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:36 AM   #34  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey Girls

Sassy : so glad to hear you got through work i hope shes left you already.

Irish (Debs): Thats great news hunni i hope that it all goes ok and so glad to see some action at your end finally. Congrats

Plumptobump : I know the feeling hunni , but mine have sorted themselves out a bit i hpe yours get here soon and gets its act together.

Me : I have woke up with a lovley cold this morning ,everytime i sneeze i feel like my nose is gonna explode and my throat is sore and nose is blocked so im feeling terrific lol , im on cd10 i think and hopefully i will ovualte this month but we will wait and see i aint holding out much hope but you never know.

To any one else : Good luck with your losses this week and good luck on any appointments or things you have going on , or simply just hope teh witch arrives and leaves with no problems.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hey Ladies,

Teresa~ Sorry you are feeling bad. Those colds can be tough. Get well soon.

Deb~ Good news! I am currently without insurance. UGH! So, I am going to start Vitex soon to see if that will help me. Good luck!

Britt~ It seems like most of us are waiting for her to show her face. Hope you get a visit soon.

Sassy~ Glad you made it through work. How are you?

Brandnewme~ Congrats on the 8 lbs lost! And good job cutting back on the sodas. Water is sooo much better for you. lol. Keep it up!

Sherry
shae8230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #36  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies. Well I made it through another night (almost anyways) of work. I made it up til midnight and then I left early with hub, as he had to leave early due to Jury Duty this week. But at least I went in. When I first woke up I did NOT want to go in period! But I forced myself and just left early instead. Better to get 6 hrs then no hrs! lol.

I hope you all are doing well! AF is still here, but has "lightened" up a tad. But that doesn't necessarily mean that she is going to leave me all together. As you all are aware our AF's have a tendency to "appear" like they are leaving and then they come back in full force! So lets hope that she does "hit the road" lol.

Old 10-09-2006, 06:51 AM   #37  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Sassy i hope af goes for you soon hunni , i hate it so much i wish it wernt nessicery for the nessicery lol.

shae: hope your ok today.

Everyone else : hope your all doing good and having a good week.

For any of you that ovualte and chart can you take a look at mine and tell me what u think so far.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/101148

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #38  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Sherry: What is Vitex? Haven't heard of that one...

Everyone else Have a wonderful day!
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #39  

Deb~ Here is some info that I got doing a search for "vitex"...

Vitex and Fertility

How Vitex Promotes Fertility
Vitex agnus castus (chasteberry, vitex) is a traditional herb that has been used historically for hormonal imbalances in women. More recently, numerous clinical research studies have provided evidence for vitex as a important herbal treatment for infertility, female hormonal imbalance, ovulatory irregularity, anovulation, amenorrhea, and other disorders related to hormone function in women.

In research studies, Vitex has displayed facility in relieving symptoms or addressing deficiencies caused by hormonal imbalances and vitex may be helpful for women who do not have regular or normal menstrual cycles. It may be very supportive as well for women with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). In clinical trials, chasteberry (vitex standardized extract) has been demonstrated to enhance fertility, "and women with fertility disorders benefited from vitex agnus castus, with more pregnancies then in placebo groups".

Because vitex impacts key hormones that regulate and balance the menstrual cycle, vitex can help balance the levels and ratios of hormones required for normal menstrual function, ovulation, and fertility. As Vitex is safe, it may be used by women seeking to become pregnant to increase chances of conception. More specifically, it can be used by women with irregular ovulatory function and by women with shorter luteal phases. Vitex may also be used after discontinuing use of birth control pills to restore normal ovulation.

As vitex has the effect of stimulating and normalizing pituitary gland functions, especially its progesterone function, vitex may be particularly useful in cases of low levels of progesterone during the luteal phase (the period between ovulation and the end of the menstrual cycle). As the studies below indicate, vitex may be very effective in promoting normal hormal function, regular and fequent ovulation, and support fertility and conception.

**** I have been advised by women that take it to stop taking it if you should become pregnant. It isn't safe for the baby.

Sherry
Old 10-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #40  
~Believe~

Hi ladies and thanks for the info, Sherry. So you can get this at any store that sells herbs??

Thanks.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #41  

I know that GNC sells it. I am ordering mine online. I just have to get the money first! lol. It isn't that expensive... we are just trying to pay some bills off before Christmas, so money is tight for us right now. I am planning on ordering it in a couple of weeks. I don't have a GNC close to me. Walmart or rite aid do not have it. It has to be a health food store or a vitamin store.

Sherry
Old 10-10-2006, 03:30 AM   #42  
~Believe~

Ok Thanks Sherry I will look into that.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:40 AM   #43  

Hi gals,

Sherry, I am currently on Vitex, but cant comment on its effectiveness yet as Ive only been on it about a week or so. BUT, I have been having period cramps the last couple of days, so who knows...maybe shes on her way??

Have a good night ladies!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:41 AM   #44  

^Sorry, that was for Sassy...
Old 10-10-2006, 04:01 AM   #45  
~Believe~

Thanks plumptobump.