PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:33 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Question Why is it always someone else?????

Why is it always someone else who is having a baby and buying a house and living my "Dream"????????

I know I shouldn't whine and I should be thankful for what I've got. But sometimes I just wonder. A co-worker is expecting his 2nd child, its going to be a girl, he already has a little boy. He even said to us today, "I will have one of each now." Then if that wasn't enough, he is also getting a house in the country!!!!!

It just kinda bummed me out a little because that is the life I WANT! It's just not fair..........

Okay that is all for my whining for today..............back to your regularly scheduled posting.............

and Dust to all!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:50 AM   #2  

I know...life isn't fair. Sometimes its hard to see others living the way we want, and not appreciating it either! Through the years, I have had to modify my dreams. It was not easy. I think there is a lot of merit in finding contentment in whatever place you are at. Especially if the circumstances are beyond our control...
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #3  
~Believe~

Monet,

You are so right about that. Thanks for sharing. Its very important to be content in whatever place in life you are, as you said. Sometimes it can be hard when people "flaunt" their lives in your faces and you know they are totally taking for granted all the lovely things there are in life...........

to all my "Cysters"
Old 08-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I know what you mean. Sometimes i get like that. Its not even really a jealously...more of a notice that life just isnt fair. I think why do i have to have weight issues, crooked teeth, AND allergy problems? Others are skinny, straight teeth, no sinus problems and never want for money. But i always try to remember it can always be worse...i try to just appreciate what i do have going for me.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #5  
~Believe~

Stacy,

Thanks for sharing and your right. Its exactly like you said, not really "Jealousy" but just an Observance on life. I am very thankful for what I do have and I need to keep reminding myself of that.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/225/140

Height: 5'

I want to know why you consider what these people are doing is a dream versus becoming your reality? Consider your dreams goals and strive for what you want (and what perhaps others have). Just remember, you have something that is currently a goal for someone else.
ObeseOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Good point Olivia. I like what you said, "Just remember, you have something that is currently a goal for someone else." That is so true. I have a wonderful husband everyone coos over. I have two wonderful healthy children. Then Sassy chicks weighs what i wish i weighed. I guess to sum it up, we just want it all, ha ha.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:06 PM   #8  
~Believe~

I can understand that. I have a wonderful husband too that many many people wish for. (not exactly him) but you get my point........Also I think my weight is confusing people? The weight I have listed, 150 is my GOAL weight. I have not yet weight myself that is why the others are blank or have ????? in them. Sorry for the confusion there................I just did not want to put the wrong info is all.............................

I understand that it is not an unrealistic dream, that I can reach it, if I keep trying and it is goal of mine. Basically it was just an observation is all.

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #9  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

I wonder if we can ever be content? I'd love to be 5' 4" or 5' 11" but I never will be. I try to remind myself that others might have things I'd want but I have things others what as well.
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

And I always wanted to be short, petite. But, instead I am tall and big-boned. After a long bout with chronic illness, I have come to appreciate myself , my family and my life a whole lot more. I am thankful now to be alive and be relatively healthy.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:26 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Personally, I like that we always have something to attain, it gives us something to work towards. Even if I get to my goal weight, even when I have a job that I absolutely love, even when I buy a house with my future husband, there will be something else that I will want to work towards. It isn't that we aren't happy with where we are at but I think it is part of human nature to want to better ourselves and our lives.

As for sassy, you know what your goals are and you are working towards your goals so you will get there. I don't know if you are trying to have kids currently and I know PCOS makes that difficult but there are always options such as adoption. I personally don't know yet if I want kids so we'll see what happens but I also don't feel like I am on a time crunch because I can always adopt if I do decide I want them after the age that would be feasible to have them myself.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #12  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

Even people with (what may seem to us) as the "dream life", usually have problems just like us.
Hypothetical situation: He's buying the house in the country because his nagging wife won't settle for the wee bit smaller (cheaper) house, an image to protect you know. He buys the house, and now he's in more debt than he ever dreamed possible and he had to dip into his retirement fund to make the 20% down payment, which came to a whopping $60,000, and there's another mouth to feed on the way. Every day he asks himself, "what went wrong?" , but he has to keep up the false front in front of every one else, so they won't suspect that he's miserable, and just wants out. He didn't want (couldnt afford) another baby, but she stopped taking the pill and didn't tell him. Now he's stuck because to leave at this point would hurt his son, who needs him, and she'd probably get her brother who's a divorce attorney to take him for all he's got left, that she hasn't spent already.

Hypothetical, but you get the point.

ps...you wanna borrow my kids for awhile? lol

Last edited by mel67; 08-23-2006 at 01:56 PM.
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:30 AM   #13  
~Believe~

I wanna say thanks for everybody sharing their stories, suggestions, or thoughts.................

Nelie -- As for kids, we have been ttc for about 6 yrs. (off and on) But still trying............We have thought of adoption............Right now we're working on getting healthier...............

Thanks everybody.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #14  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

hey sassy chick

I just wanted to say i know exactly how you feel as im at that crossroads now , it is so hard to see other people living the dream , ive been ttc for 2 years now and had a m/c just over a year ago in that time i have seen about 5 friends have babys and other getting pregnant around me which is hard to cope with but i have somehow found the strength to get through it.I wish everyone luck in there journeys to have babys and live there dreams and i have faith that one day you will have your miricle baby in your arms.

Teresa (fellow PCOS'ER)

I hope you didnt mind me butting in
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:14 PM   #15  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

It sucks doesn't it. I know as well as you do that yes, we each have things that somebody else wants. But it can still be hard when you want something so bad and you don't get why everyone else gets blessed and you don't.

Hang in there Sassy!
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote