PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #76  
Feeling better every day.

S/C/G: SW: 230 CW: 200 GW: 160ish

Height: 5'5"

OMG I am so glad I found this thread. I always felt like I was a freak for having to shave like a man!! It's so embarassing and I'm constantly wondering if it's showing and if anyone can see it. I have to shave everyday now because I've been doing for so long now that if I don't I literally look like a man. I also have hair on my upper back between my shoulders. I've thought about doing lazer hair removal but I don't want to spend all that money and have it come back in a few months. I've never talked about this with anyone, not even my fiance. Although I'm sure he's noticed the hair on the weekends when I slack on shaving but thankfully he's never mentioned it. I would be mortified!!!
Piiper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #77  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Red face Taking a break from tweezing ...

So I decided to go ahead and start tweezing. The hair grows back so fast that I can shave today and it will be back tomorrow long enough to tweeze. I like it because a lot of the hair is gone as opposed to when I shave you can still see the shadow. But omg it hurts. aaaand I have sooo man little hairs that its sooo time consuming. And I didnt realize shaving gave me soooo many ingrown hairs ... grrr.. those suckers hurt
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 279/265/150

Height: 5'3"

I have the same problem with my upper lip and now about 6 months ago I started with a few stray chin hairs and now I have quite a few. I Usually wax both, I do it about once a week and then I use my tweezers daily to grab the few stray faster growing hair. Waxing does hurt but it is instantaneous and over in a second whereas shaving has to be done more often and plucking hurts the whole time you do it. One thing that does help with the plucking, I use it on my eyebrows and anything else I need to pluck (you guys are gonna get a kick out of this ) I buy the Prolong creme they sell at adult parties or adult stores, it has lidocaine in it and numbs the area. I went to an adult party that my friend threw and the demonstator that sold the stuff recommended it for plucking your eyebrows so I tried it and it does really work (Im not sure how it works for the issue its meant for, I have only used it for plucking)
asoldierswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #79  

Default Thank goodness!

Thank goodness there is tthis forum! Ok, I have hair, chin hair, and lots of it! I get ingrown hairs, pluck almost daily and when I went to get my eyebrows done, I asked the woman to do my chin she told me 5$ for the chin plus 2 for the eyebrows, so I said "lets do it". She finished my eyebrows and I lifted my head for the chin she got this startled look on her face and said "there is more hair here than on the rest of your face combined!"

I get threading done, it is cheap and lasts about as long as waxing if you don't have too much hair (which I do) but I only have to get it done maybe once or twice a month and just pluck the odd ones in between. Im black so the hair isn't too noticable if it is thin, but I notice it and end up scratching and now my chin is one big scar, and we (AA's) scar darker than our original skin, Im not that dark to begin with so now I have almost black scars all over my chin!
jellopuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:47 PM   #80  
HE'S my motivation!

Can anyone recommend a cream or something I can do for the rough skin on my jaw line?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:28 PM   #81  
WW Moderator

Can you define rough?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:41 AM   #82  
HE'S my motivation!

Well its bumpy from all the shaving ... and it just feels really dry so thats where the roughness comes in
Old 08-19-2007, 10:33 PM   #83  
Christine

S/C/G: 330/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I have had the hair issues since I was maybe 13 or 14. I have really thick dark hair on my arms. I hate to get manicures because they massage your arms. I don't like anyone to see them, let alone touch them. In spite of the insecurities, I still wear tank tops in public.
The facial hair started out with just a few that I would pluck, but I'd end up in situations without tweezers and end up shaving. I've plucked and / or shaved ever since, and now am dealing with thick hair on my chin. I had been shaving for a while (daily) because the tweezing was just too much time for me to spend in front of a mirror. I hated to look at it. Today was the first day that I took the time to tweeze in over a year. I had forgotten how much it hurts! And my face has been red ever since, but it is nice to not see the shadow.
It is encouraging to know I am not alone in this fight. Thanks to all of you who have the courage to post your stories.
ravenflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

I like this thread a whole lot!!

I am 24 and have always been hairy- my mother was hairy, so no surprise. I am at my heaviest weight ever, tho- 197 from 199- and I have about 20 dark hairs that grow out of my chin. I pluck- I will NOT shave, since that always looks bad, but I spend abt 20 min a day plucking chin, lip, eyebrows and the worst of my sideburns. I wax those every few weeks, too.

The worst, though, is my bottom!! It is as hairy as my fiance's, although his hairs are longer. I wax that the best I can but it is hard to do well on your own a**. I have been wanting laser hair removal, but with the PCOS and fat, I can't justify the money when it will just grow back.

Glad to hear that weight loss DOES help w/the hair!
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #85  
HE'S my motivation!

Is there something out there to use to numb the areas you want to pluck? Plucking hurts!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #86  
WW Moderator

I think Sally Hansen makes something for this in a little spray can. Also, you can buy it at a beauty supply place, sold with the facial waxing supplies. It isn't 100 percent, but it helps.

You can also press down on the skin and spread your fingers apart, almost as if you were trying to pull the skin so that the hair follicle would fall out. Spread that area thin, and pluck firmly. Don't do those little fast whispy plucks like you're swatting a fly. Grab ahold of it and pull back the skin and just pull the tweezers out not so far from your face - maybe 1/4 inch.

That is how I pluck my eyebrows, and those other strays. It is totally painless on my neck and chin, and minimal on the eyebrows. Nothing helps my upper lip, though. That will just keep on hurting!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:47 AM   #87  
HE'S my motivation!

How often do you have to pluck? I figured out that the bumps on my face is just irritation from shaving everyday! I want to stop shaving and stick with the plucking ... I am off on Fridays so I am picking that day to pluck since it grows out over night
Old 08-25-2007, 08:03 AM   #88  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

I'm 28 years old, and there have been times when I thought I was totally alone in this issue. Nice to see that I'm not! By the way, I'm white, but do have Native Indian and Irish backgrounds, so that probably contributes a little to this.

My problem areas are these:
  • Chin
  • Between the breasts, and on the breasts
  • Around the belly button, down from the navel, and on the bottom of my belly fat
  • On my neck
  • Sideburns
  • Upper Lips
  • Was on my forehead, but after a while, it's no longer there
Basically, I pluck on my chin and breasts. Everything else I shave, which I mostly do while taking a shower so it's just another thing to do while shaving the legs. I prefer to pluck because then it usually doesn't grow back enough for me to notice it till a week later. But I would N E V E R pluck the more sensitive areas.....

I'm not crazy about doing medicine as a rule. Heck, I barely pop pills for my headache unless it's really bad. I'm just hoping that the more I lose, the less symptoms I'll have of this. Time will tell...
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote