PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 10:02 PM   #76  

Michelle,

Glad to hear your appointment for laser went well! Good for you. Keep us posted on how you make out. SITC did you make a decision on what you want to do? I know you were struggling earlier with the trainer/ blitzing on the diet, etc? How are you doing? Noodles, congrats on that 50 lb loss. You are doing excellent - go girl go.

My exciting news - I did a new tae-fit class and loved it. I am larger but in good shape and I like to challenge myself to see what I am capable of. That is all that is new for me. I weight is slowly but steadily coming off and I feel great - spring is here!!!

Take care all,

Jenaya
Old 03-25-2004, 10:22 PM   #77  

Hi everybody!

Jenaya: Yes, I joined a gym today. Did my workout, it was fun! What's tae-fit?

Michele: Sounds like these folks are very careful and thorough. I guess I'm "weirded out" about laser, I don't know why. Will you have to stay out of the sun for a while?
Old 03-25-2004, 10:43 PM   #78  

Tae-fit is a combination of kick-boxing and tai-chi (strange combination I know). It is awesome! Similar to Tae Bo if you are familiar with that program. I love it. Challenging and high energy. Good for you for joining the gym! I am glad you were able to come to a decision that feels good for you.
Old 03-26-2004, 03:17 AM   #79  
Rattie Lover

That's my next move, SITC!! The Gym. Oh boy oh boy... But I Can't join just yet...I am going on a mini vacation then getting eye surgery. Would be a waste for joining for 1 week. But I do have a friend who's a trainer who is going to jump start me while on vacation. Oh boy...I can feel the pain now...ouch!!

Jenaya!! IT was nice talking to you last night!! The chat room has been busier and busier!! YAY!! Hope to see you in there again.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:09 PM   #80  

SITC: Yes, I have to use SPF 30-45 until six weeks after my last laser appointment. I use a 30 with my moisturizer anyway so no problems there!!
Old 03-26-2004, 10:38 PM   #81  

Hi everyone,

Noodles, nice talking to you too! I get lost for words on that chat line. I have never done that before. I am typically a chatty cathy so it is odd for me to have the pauses. I am also a counsellor and it is hard for me to not see people and read their body language. Oh well, I just mastered using the photocopier so maybe I will get the hang of this techology one day! Thanks for being patient and, more importantly, telling me how to sign off or I could possibly still be chatting...lol...

You know, I think I am going to do the gym route too. The hospital I work at has a gym for employees and it is $10/month. That is hugely reasonable. The only problem is you have to go there during after work hours and sometimes I can only go in the morning. Maybe I will look around. I am a bit shy to go out but I think I need the weights and the machines. I can do cardio at home but the rest I need to go out for.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

Jenaya
Old 03-27-2004, 01:19 AM   #82  
For my HEALTH...

Noodles I noticed that the little rat had disappeared from your avatar.
But then I noticed the 50 lbs lost!!! Congrats!! :
Does the chick on your new avatar represent the 3FC website or does it represent the beginning of Spring or is that you starting your life over 50 lbs lighter? That is quite an accomplishment. --Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 03-27-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:48 AM   #83  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenaya
Hi everyone,

Noodles, nice talking to you too! I get lost for words on that chat line. I have never done that before. I am typically a chatty cathy so it is odd for me to have the pauses. I am also a counsellor and it is hard for me to not see people and read their body language. Oh well, I just mastered using the photocopier so maybe I will get the hang of this techology one day! Thanks for being patient and, more importantly, telling me how to sign off or I could possibly still be chatting...lol...

Aww you did fine!! But I know what you mean about body language. I can only express so much of me with a keyboard and smilies. I am much more chattery/expressive in person. I want to make people smile and happy and feel good so I blab positive. (did that make any sense??)
Old 03-27-2004, 02:59 AM   #84  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKIE88
Noodles I noticed that the little rat had disappeared from your avatar.
But then I noticed the 50 lbs lost!!! Congrats!! :
Does the chick on your new avatar represent the 3FC website or does it represent the beginning of Spring or it that you starting your life over 50 lbs lighter? That is quite an accomplishment. --Pookie
Yeah..I decided it was time to let Stubs rest for a while. I Miss him SOOOooooooooo much but I gotta move on too.

The chickie is part of the new Avatars that Suzanne did!! Arent they great!! But it is also a good spring icon huh. Thanks for the compliment regarding the 50 lbs. It was hard..I am hoping the next 50 isn't as hard!! hehehhe
Old 03-28-2004, 02:01 PM   #85  
WW Moderator

Laser Hair Therapy - How much is it in your area? Without insurance?
Old 03-29-2004, 08:00 AM   #86  
Rattie Lover

Hey my favorite PCOS forum posting ladies!!

I posted some new PCOS FAQs, PCOS Treatment Options, Hair Loss & Rogaine articles in our PCOS articles area. Take a peek when ya can...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Now I should go to bed. I was trying to get back on a semi normal schedule so I went to bed at 10 PM, but then the kid woke up sick at 1 am and so I have been up ever since!! What's a mom to do... Now she's asleep so I'm going that way too. ZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzz land...calling my name! hehehhe
Old 03-29-2004, 09:01 AM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
Laser Hair Therapy - How much is it in your area? Without insurance?
It depends on the area, the thickness of your hair, how dark your skin pigmentation is, and how much laser intensity your skin can take. The darker and thicker your hair, the lighter your skin and the more intensity you can take, the cheaper it is.

Generally, you are quoted $150-300 for 15 minutes of laser treatment. 15 minutes can usually cover the upper lip and chin and occasionally some side burn treatment. The neck is another 15-20 minutes of work so you generally look at $500-600 pre insurance. Because insurance covered part of mine, I am only having to pay $200 per treatment. After I lose some weight, I want to get the chest and belly region lasered to remove stretch marks. This will be between $600-800 after insurance!! Yikes!!! I am having this done in Cleveland, Ohio since we are here for a few months before moving to NC. Hope this helps!!
Old 03-30-2004, 09:56 PM   #88  
Rattie Lover

Default Noodles is Nuts!!!!!

Call me crazy...

I got a burst of energy so...I did 2½ hours of more gardening. I dug 3 big holes and planted an Orange tree, an Oak tree, and some cacti. This constitutes dig a little, wet the dirt, then dig a little more with a 15 lb. digging stick. Then add tree fertilizer and mix in bottom, stick tree in, fill up almost to top with dirt, add a bit more fertilizer, fill rest of way with dirt, then add mulch on top. Then I raked up all the dead tumbleweeds and what not..then filled in holes the dog dug, then moved more river rock. Also did 4 loads of laundry already. I'm tellin ya..I get my burst of energy after 3 PM! Plus we're calling for thunderstorms the rest of the week so I had to get this done!! No skating tonight though...too tired.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:38 AM   #89  

Hi,

Noodles - you are a burst of sunshine and energy! Goodness me! I can hardly wait to find my garden - the snow is melting quickly so I should be able to plant in May.

I have been doing great. I made the decision to do more weight/strength training. The day before yesterday I did my routine with free weights and then did some squats. I did 40 squats and felt nothing so did 40 more. Needless to say, yesterday I could barely walk. OMG - even though it feels like you haven't done much, it obviously has done something. What an idiot! Oh well, I am back to walking upright today and ready for another session of strength training. I think I will follow my trainers recommendations this time verses making my own routine. I have to work tomorrow so sitting and walking are essential lol...

How is everyone doing?

Take Care,

Jenaya
Old 03-31-2004, 03:56 PM   #90  

Hi Jenaya, hi everybody, I'm doing fine, except for TOM. Woke up this a.m. and stepped on the scale, I was 170! But I've been sweating a lot lately and I think I'm dehydrated, also losing fluids after water retention for about a week due to TOM. So I'm not claiming it until I'm sure it's for real. Why is it some months, you just sail through the period, and other months it's like slogging through the Great Dismal Swamp???
Closed Thread