PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 08:34 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Make-up to cover dark patches?

Hi everyone

Im realizing that my coverup and foundation no longer hide my very dark chin. Ive changed them over the years and some are better than others, but Im running out of products to hide behind.

What do you use on your dark patches of skin?

I moisturize and buff with a loafa everyday and that seems to keep it from getting too thick, but it doesnt do anything for the colour. The only thing that actually works, strange as it seems, is the sun. The sun doesnt tan those areas as quick as the rest of my face. So when my face catches up with my chin, I dont use anything at all But Im not one to use tanless lotions or tanning beds.

Anyway, Im rambling, what do you use?
Old 09-28-2003, 02:48 PM   #2  

Jane Iredale's pure mineral pressed powder cover well and is excellent for you skin (SPF 17)....if the area is extremely hard to cover use the COVERCARE councelor underneath the foundation powder. The company has a website that lists a salon/spa/dermatologist that shoud carry it in your area. It is the BEST makeup I have ever used..and I have tried many things! It does take a little getting use to..and make sure when you go in that you FULLY understand how to properly apply before you leave with it!..hope this helps
Old 09-30-2003, 11:32 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Robin, I read somewhere that a woman was using a type of Retin A cream on her dark patches, and said it was softening it up and fading. I can't remember where I read that. Maybe you could ask a dermatologist to recommend something? I think most dermatologists are cosmetically inclined to help.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:51 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

Thanks Jennifer.......that sounds like it would make sense, since it gets so thick. The loufa can only do so much.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:22 AM   #5  

i have very dark patches on the top of my lip, i use a product called siper fade, you put the cream on the dark patches and they should start to fade in about 3 to 6 weeks then you jst use it about twice a week to stop them coming back, and it really does work. i started using it over 3 weeks now and it is really fading my dark patches and they great thing is it is only about $20 for a tube of it.
hope ths helps. give it a go.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:25 AM   #6  

Sorry for the spelling ,mistake but the product is:

SUPER FADE.........
Old 10-11-2003, 10:13 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

can I get this over the counter or do I need a prescription?
Old 10-13-2003, 02:54 AM   #8  

you can buy it over the counter, i live in australia so i dont know about america but here is the web site for the product.
www.sunspot.com.au, then just click Skin Therapeutics, then click
Pigmentation Correction then the superfade page with all its products will come up. I think you can buy it online, so thats helpfull if you live outside australia. Theres a hole heap of products here that you can use with the original superfade, But just have a look and decide, i use superfade original.
Hope this helps, because i know whaat it is like.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:57 AM   #9  

Hi Robin, For most of my adult life I have had dark spots from old acne scars. Even though the acne goes away, it leaves temporary discoloration. So I have used Dermablend for over 20 years. It covers ANYTHING!!!! It can be found in the malls at the counters in the department stores. It comes in so many colors too. It stays on all day too. Good Luck, Carol / Florida
Closed Thread