PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #241  
Noob

S/C/G: 275/272/160

Height: 5'3"

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Sarak098/ Sara

BIRTHDAY: August 28th

MARITAL STATUS: Boyfriend of over 6 years

HOBBIES: Drawing, painting, just started sewing, crocheting (not knitting), i've made jewelry.

PETS: Betta fish named Dexter

TOP WEIGHT: 275

CURRENT WEIGHT: 273

GOAL WEIGHT 160

HEIGHT: 5'3"

BIGGEST WEIGHT LOSS PROBLEM: I have more than one. Sticking to it and sweets. I can go without soda but cookies, cakes, candy and sugary things is difficult for me to stay away from. Especially when I work in a kitchen. Them spoiled old people want sweets all the time haha.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Having PCOS with a boyfriend who wants kids and I might not be able to give them to him scares the crap out of me. I also want to feel healthier and thinner. I've never been below 200lbs in my adult life.

ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I discovered MYSELF that I have PCOS. My doctor only confirmed it. I was actually watching an episode of Scrubs and it was mentioned in the show. I was curious to what the **** is was so I looked it up. I realized I have every symptom. Had my doctor confirm it I think 8 years ago.
Sarak098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:29 PM   #242  

Hi, everyone!

USERNAME/REAL NAME: cm006j/Carolyn

BIRTHDAY: April 17, 1982

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Brad

CHILDREN/AGES: None (been ttc for two years!)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: cooking, crafting (knit, crochet, scrapbook, doll making), writing

PETS: Thea, a silky terrier who is 8. Moksha, a cat who is 2. They are about the same size and they get along great!

TOP WEIGHT: 173

CURRENT WEIGHT: 153

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: brown

HAIR COLOR: black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Maryland

HOMEPAGE URL: I have a blogger blog at goingwiththeflo at blogspot where I chronicle my diet following the WomanCode book.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Under active thyroid and my addiction to sugar!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My motivation is a lot stronger because I know that this is probably what's standing between me and a baby.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I feel frustrated and dumb that I didn't realize sooner that I had PCOS. I've had hair growing on my face and neck all my adult life but I just thought women in my family are hairy. And my periods were irregular but I didn't really notice except when it went away for almost a year in college and the doctor just put me on birth control pills rather than figure out what caused it. It was only because I was trying to have a baby that I finally found out at 32 years old and I feel way behind in getting my symptoms managed.
cm006j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:38 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 268/247.5/170

Height: 5'11

DATE: June 29, 2015

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Cliffschetti/ Kaitlyn

BIRTHDAY: September 19th, 1987

MARITAL STATUS: Married 3 Years on 10/11/15

SPOUSE’S NAME: Pat

CHILDREN/AGES: none, haven't started trying yet but soon!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Orphan Black, Sense8, Shameless (tv shows), going to rock concerts, studying psychology, mbti/ennagram personality tests

PETS: Camden (dog)

TOP WEIGHT: 268

CURRENT WEIGHT: 247.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 170

HEIGHT: 5'11

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: dirty blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Baltimore, MD

E-MAIL ADDRESS: ask

HOMEPAGE URL: n/a

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I have a big sweet tooth and I hate exercising

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am getting help for my insulin resistance and am taking metformin and byduoren

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I am so glad to know I'm not alone in this and can't wait to get to know everyone here!
Cliffschetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:04 PM   #244  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Laifierr/Jen

BIRTHDAY: November 18

MARITAL STATUS: Married almost two years

HOBBIES: Artist for life, hiking

PETS: none

TOP WEIGHT: 295

CURRENT WEIGHT: 281

GOAL WEIGHT 107

HEIGHT: 5'4"

OCCUPATION: full time student at Illinois State University with one year to go.

BIGGEST WEIGHT LOSS PROBLEM: self sabotage, emotional binge eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes so it's twisted my arm into actually needing to do something about my health

ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I really like this dancing carrot

But seriously, I love nature, I love the outdoors, I love hiking. And if it wasn't for the fact I have spent so many years trying to complete my degree as an artist, I would probably try to become a nutritional biologist/scientist.

Also, I have probably had PCOS since I was fairly young. I've never had a natural period and I've pretty much given up on ever having one. The idea of having kids is up in the air.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #245  

Default Hello beautiful people!

NAME: Mary

BIRTHDAY: June 24th

MARITAL STATUS: Single

HOBBIES: Anything crafty I'll do it. I love to be crafty.

PETS: Belle my 6month old cat, Bunny my outdoor cat, and Salem my only boy cat who also lives outside. Belle does not like the outside. Lol

TOP WEIGHT: 285

CURRENT WEIGHT: 275

GOAL WEIGHT: 175

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Strawberry blonde but I dye my hair all kinds of funky colors.

HEIGHT: 5'11

BIGGEST WEIGHT LOSS PROBLEM: I've been a binge eater my whole life as long as I can remember. I love fast food. I eat until I'm sick. I have PCOS and 5 bulging disc in my back that causes me all kinds of problems. I've been to so many doctors about my PCOS and none of them know how to help me.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCESSFUL: I don't know really. I just need so much help and no where to get it. So I came here and I'm hoping that when I get back in the healthy train I stick to it this time,

ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU: I got diagnosed with PCOS when I was 13. I've had maybe 5 periods my whole life. I stay bloated. I take a but load of vitamins for PCOS. I can't take birth control because I'm allergic. I'm a Christian. I'm struggling with this weight I'm carrying. Literally. This weight is getting to me. I'm just super excited to meet someone and to be accountable to a group.
Howdyyall1995 is offline   Reply With Quote