PCOS'ers Bios - Feel Free 2 Post Yours Too!

You're on Page 6 of 17
Go to
  • Mee Too PCOS
    DATE: July 22, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LutzMahi/Tami

BIRTHDAY: February 10, 1976

MARITAL STATUS: Married 2 Years on 07/23/2007

SPOUSE’S NAME: Chad

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Gosh there are so many, but to name a few. Fishing, The Beach, Traveling, Vacations, Cruises, Entertaining Others, Nascar, Racing, and much more

PETS: Cooper(Dogs), Patches (Dog)

TOP WEIGHT: 239

CURRENT WEIGHT: 230.2

GOAL WEIGHT: 125-135

HEIGHT: 5'2

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Naturally Curly Dyed Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Lutz, Florida

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Ask and I might give it to ya...

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Eating bread, Pasta, Chips and Junk food... and not wanting to exercise. (I found out that I have PCOS 03/2006)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I cut out almost all of my sugars and I am finally getting treatment for PCOS.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?

I am a very outgoing person, this weight seems to pulls me down. Inside I know I am hot and sexy and thin.. but it has been hard to keep that person out. I was almost there in 2003 I was at 160-170 and then I gained it all back that I lost. How in the **** did I let that happen. YUCK. But what matters it that I am working on gaining control and I know that I can not just sti down and eat all that bad stuff and I need to make the right decision and look at this as my new way of life and more forward. I am looking forward to shedding this weight and getting a hot ans exy body so I can dance all night long with my hubby. :-)
  • DATE: July 29, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: asoldierswife/Jennifer

BIRTHDAY: June 15, 1974

MARITAL STATUS: will have been married 15 years on 10/16

SPOUSE’S NAME: Jason

CHILDREN/AGES: Tirzah 14, Austin 9, cheyenne 7, Brooklyn 5

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scrapbooking, crafting and sewing, playing poker, traveling

PETS: Harley (Australian shepher/blue heeler mix) Sarge (Colombian red tail boa)

TOP WEIGHT: 279

CURRENT WEIGHT: 265

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Naturally Curly Brown

OCCUPATION: SAHM I also do tons of volunteer work throughout the military community

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Schoenenberg-Kubelberg Germany

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Ask and I might give it to ya...

HOMEPAGE URL: www.myspace.com/mama24armybrats, http://jennitho21.multiply.com/

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not losing patience at the lack of results and giving up. Also with our busy lifestyle trying to avoid the drive thru!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Now that I have a diagnosis of PCOS and am being treated I hope it will make everything fall into place

I am an Army wife, my husband is currently deployed to the middle east and will be gone for 15 months. Even though he is wonderful and loves me no matter how much extra chub I have, I would love nothing more than to surprise him when he gets off the plane with a newer skinnier me.
  • :wink:
  • DATE: August 15, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: ravenflames / chris

BIRTHDAY: Nov 25, 1978

MARITAL STATUS: divorced (though with current bf for last 4+ years)

BF NAME: Matt (Matty when he's being good, Matthew when he's not)

CHILDREN/AGES: Kenton 9

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crochet, hiking, canoeing, music, reading, art, camping, travel...

PETS: Cat "K" (like from MenInBlack) and a dog "Charlie"

TOP WEIGHT: 330

CURRENT WEIGHT: 322

GOAL WEIGHT: 160ish

HEIGHT: 5'8"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Dark brown w/ red and black streaks

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: USA

E-MAIL ADDRESS: at aol.com

HOMEPAGE URL: I don't spend enough time keeping up with my homepage to make it worth visiting.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Getting discouraged by the lack of progress. This sends me into a destructive cycle of depression / binge eating / etc.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am ready to accept responsibility and follow medical treatment. I have a hard time taking meds regularly but I am ready to make the commitment to change.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else!!

I'm glad that you are all here!! Having support for a condition that makes you feel alienated everywhere else is wonderful!!!
  • DATE: August 18, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: CarmenSandiego/Sherry

BIRTHDAY: September 6

MARITAL STATUS: Single...by choice!

SPOUSE’S NAME: Mr. X.

CHILDREN/AGES: None; not actively trying to conceive so I don't even know if I have fertility issues.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I'm almost finishing up my thesis; I have no other interests!

PETS: None

TOP WEIGHT: 184

CURRENT WEIGHT: 145.8

GOAL WEIGHT: 153

HEIGHT: 5'10"

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Virginia

E-MAIL ADDRESS: I'm not bold enough to put that out there!

HOMEPAGE URL: Not sure I could make one!

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: From Dec '06 - May '07, I gained more weight than I cared to and taking it off was impossible even with strict adherence to LC eating.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I've reached my "goal" but maintenance is always a struggle.

I have yet to be diagnosed, largely in part (or at least I believe this to be true) because I'm a thin cyster with regular menstruation (my progesterone's so low I'm not sure I'm even ovulating!). Recent excessive hair shedding beginning in June that has not subsided. Repeatedly dismissed as stress related even though I'm well aware that the past year of my life has been the most fulfilling and peaceful EVER! Discouraged because my saliva tests indicate a very elevated testosterone level but bloodwork doesn't. The salivary testing was done through ZRT labs (completely legit and certified) yet none of my current health care providers are interested in my "internet" tests!
  • DATE: September 6 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Bellatrix/Keri

BIRTHDAY: October 22nd 1978

MARITAL STATUS: Single but shacking up

SPOUSE’S NAME: Matt

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Internet,movies,writing,driving.

PETS: Munchies the cat
    TOP WEIGHT: 325

CURRENT WEIGHT: 325

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'7

HAIR COLOR: black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New York

E-MAIL ADDRESS: lobensteink[at]sullcrom.com

HOMEPAGE URL:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Being hungry I always feel hunger even though I may of had an apple or dinner I am always just hungry. I will be on a diet almost a month and I still feel as if my stomach is not shrinking.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Realizing that I am almost 30 and wanting children has a large bearing on it. With PCOS it makes it harder for us to loose.

• DATE: September 10, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Kim_Star060404/Kim

BIRTHDAY: August 8, 1981

MARITAL STATUS: Married 3 years on June 4th, 2007

SPOUSE’S NAME: Jason

CHILDREN/AGES: Waiting for God to bless us!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Hanging out with DH, crocheting, bbq-ing, camping, traveling to visit family, hiking, reading, writing, decorating, home improvement, Christmas crafts (I do them all year long!), watching classic movies (mostly Fred Astaire)

PETS: Manitoba (Toby) - 6-yr old yellow lab & Ranger Captain Augustus McCrae (Ranger) - 2-yr old "mini" dachshund.

TOP WEIGHT: 225

CURRENT WEIGHT: 212

GOAL WEIGHT: 115

HEIGHT: 5'1

HAIR COLOR: Brown with red highlights

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Way out west, Texas

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Yah right!

HOMEPAGE URL: myspace.com/kim_d_star

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Being super-strict and not seeing the scale move. I've been trying to lose for 2+ years and have only lost 12 lbs. (4 of which have been since starting PCOS treatment on the 24th).

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am super-motivated now that DH wants a child. I've also taken my doc's advice and started eating to make me feel good and not according to what a book says. It must be working along with the Metformin as I've lost 4 lbs. since August 27th.

I've been known to be flaky. Not something I'm proud of, but I get extremely involved in my work or home life and don't make time for anything else. Sometimes I'll post for a month straight and then not post for a week. It all depends on what's going on in my life.

USERNAME/REAL NAME: lfields/Linda

BIRTHDAY: May 27, 1972

MARITAL STATUS: Single

SPOUSE’S NAME: N/A

CHILDREN/AGES: Frank/15

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Traveling, fitness (yoga, bike riding, weight training and now water aerobics), reading, my business and meeting new people.

PETS: Ghost (cat), Smokey (cat)

TOP WEIGHT: 183

CURRENT WEIGHT: 183

GOAL WEIGHT: 145-150

HEIGHT: 5'4.5

HAIR COLOR: Black

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Phoenix, Arizona

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Ask and I’ll send it to ya!

HOMEPAGE URL: N/A

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Figuring out the right and wrong things to eat. Been eating carrots and just discovered the sugar content! Don’t eat junk…eat pretty healthy overall and up until recently I would exercise regularly until I discovered I had arthritis (found out after a month of pain and finally couldn’t get out of the bed on my own).

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Finally understanding the proper diet for me. Removing sugar and doing an extreme cut back on carbs and continue my workouts despite the arthritis…look for alternatives.

I was diagnosed with PCOS/IR May 2007. I am currently reading The Perricone Prescription.
  • DATE: September 24, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: amyia1977/Amy

BIRTHDAY: August 30, 1977

MARITAL STATUS: Married for 3 years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Ken

CHILDREN/AGES: No kids for now..trying to get my IR under control first!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Shopping! Procrastinating at work like I am now! Baking goodies, Longaberger, blogging (I have so many blogs), white water rafting, talking to other military wives who's husbands are currently deployed or have been deployed.

PETS: Duke (cat)

TOP WEIGHT: 205

CURRENT WEIGHT: 191.9

GOAL WEIGHT: 150-155 Range

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blonde/Light brown streaks

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Richmond, KY

E-MAIL ADDRESS: Ask and I will give it to you!

HOMEPAGE URL: myspace.com/mandochick, mandochick.blogspot.com

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Losing weight...when I commit to a diet I am great! Right now I'm on Jenny Craig and other then initial fatigue I'm doing alright. But for some reason that darn weight doesn't want to come off.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I almost never ever stray from the JC diet food plan, and I'm not eating out, and I'm finally taking medication for my IR. *Metformin messed up my tummy so I'm not on Meridia*

I definitely believe God brings to the table only what we can handle. I lost my job, found out my husband was leaving for Iraq and realized I was IR all within the span of one month. Hubby is now stationed in Iraq and I miss him dearly. However, we're taking this time apart to work on ourselves. I'm on my strict diet, working out and he's working on those washboard abs he used to have back in the day when we met! LOL... so hopefully if we can work on ourselves once we finally come back together we'll be one heck of a team!

DATE: 27th September, 2007

BIRTHDAY: March 28th, 1988

MARITAL STATUS: In a Relationship, 06/07/2007

BOYFRIENDS NAME: Michael

CHILDREN/AGES: None

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Ze internet, mostly. Media visual designs. Anime/Manga etc..

TOP WEIGHT: 128kgs -- 282lbs (2004/2005/2006)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 107kgs -- 236lbs

GOAL WEIGHT: 80kgs -- 177lbs

HEIGHT: 5'11"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR & Style: Naturally Curly/Wavy often Straightened. Thick Dark Brown Hair...

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Australia, Queensland, Gold-Coast

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Motivation

Hmm, I've been termed with the diagnosis of PCOS since, I was Thirteen years old, which in my case had lead me down the path of depression... and further into not wanting to really live... Almost becoming suicidal in some aspects.

It is only really now, that I'm actually learning to deal with the fact that I have PCOS.

So far, I have had two Operations concerning cysts in ze Ovary, When I was thirteen and shortly after I just turned eighteen...

The Scarring was another aspect, that had made me so un-happy.

I had felt so ugly.. back then, and now...

Now I can only smile, Because I know for a fact, that despite having PCOS, I am a beautiful person, inside and out...

We all are, So smile...
  • USERNAME/REAL NAME: stacey99/stacey

BIRTHDAY: January 25th, 1977

MARITAL STATUS: Married 8 Years

SPOUSE’S NAME: Tony

CHILDREN/AGES: none

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: puzzles, the sims, playing with my dogs, internet, reading, learning to knit and crochet. sewing.

PETS: diesel, belle(died in june 2007 ma belle), peanut, storm and tammy faye they are dogs

TOP WEIGHT: 390

CURRENT WEIGHT: 375

GOAL WEIGHT: 200-175

HEIGHT: 6'0

HAIR COLOR: very dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: ohio

E-MAIL ADDRESS: pm me and i'll tell ya

HOMEPAGE URL: none

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: that the weight comes off slow with the pcos. finding the energy to lose exercise, and feeling good enough to get motived to work on my weight

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I started eating more healthy, no more fast food. and knowing that this is going to be slow and steady and i have to take it one day at a time.

that i am a fighter, i will try the best that i can to accomplish my goals, and i am not going to let pcos take over my life anymore. it has always been my excuse to it disable me. people treat me different because i am overweight, they think that i am lazy, but i am a very good person,excellent listener and far from lazy, i take pride in everything i do. and always been an excellent friend.
  • USERNAME/REAL NAME: Keli680/Keli

BIRTHDAY: June 28, 1980

MARITAL STATUS:Not Married but in a LTR with DB for 5 yrs

SPOUSE’S NAME: Phillip

CHILDREN/AGES: Trying

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Chatting, Watching Tv Shopping

PETS: Two Birds they have no names so we just call them birds lol
    TOP WEIGHT: 185

CURRENT WEIGHT: 185

GOAL WEIGHT: 145

HEIGHT: 5ft0

HAIR COLOR: very dark brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Georgia

E-MAIL ADDRESS: pm me and i'll tell ya

HOMEPAGE URL: none

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:Im lazy and I hate that it takes so long but I have a goal so I will follow through this time

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:No More fast Food and excercise just 30 mins a day.. I also have DB support
    I am a very cool person , down to earth and when I want something bad enough I go all out for it. So this year I want a baby and Im doing my best to make sure i get that. Even if I have to run (Which i dont do at all)
  • DATE: December 4, 2007

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LoveMySgt/Angela

BIRTHDAY: June 16

MARITAL STATUS: Married 9yrs

SPOUSE’S NAME: Shaun

CHILDREN/AGES: DS 8, DS 4, DD 1 (15mths)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Internet!!

PETS: Bubba & Nikki (dogs)

TOP WEIGHT: 211

CURRENT WEIGHT: 203

GOAL WEIGHT: 165

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: Gray

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: St Marys, Ga

E-MAIL ADDRESS: no thanks

HOMEPAGE URL: n/a

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: staying motivated when the family just wants to eat %&^$.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: DH is behind me 100%, we are doing it together for the 1st time!

May edit this later but I don't have time to write more now.
  • Intro from Newbie
    USERNAME/REAL NAME: OkieLusetta/Lusetta

BIRTHDAY: December 16 1970

MARITAL STATUS: Married 14 years on Dec 18th

SPOUSE’S NAME: David

CHILDREN/AGES: Morgan (DD) 13/ Josie (DD) 3

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Many! I subscribe to The Renaissance Soul lifestyle. Cooking, Gardening, Reading, Writing, Website design, decorating, wire jewelry making, cake decorating, crocheting, to name a few.

PETS: White Dog (American Eskimo), Cali (Calico cat), fish (no names )

TOP WEIGHT: 206 (not pregnant)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 190

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Green

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

OCCUPATION: work with handicapped children, wife, mother, serve on a non-profit board, co-owner of small business.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Oklahoma, U.S.

Diagnosed with PCOS: 1998 symptoms since 1984

Medical Intervention/treatments: Dnc, ovarian drilling, clomid 6 cycles over 5 years, infertility shots (forget the name of the medication starts with a F) , metformin, accupunture, herbs, and of course low-carbing

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: falling off the band wagon when I don't see results and mindless eating

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: It's not a "diet" for me anymore. I'm ready to change my life. My goal is 140 but I will stay on this "diet" and keep my exercise schedule even if I don't lose the weight. I'll do it for my health, for my children, and for my husband. I just feel better when I'm eating right and exercising. Physically, emotionally, and mentally.

I copied this from my introduction post

I'm 37(in a week), married for 14 years this month, and have 2 children. My first daughter was an oops in which I am most greatful.(I did not know at the time how difficult it would be to get pregnant with my second daughter). After my pregnancy I came home from the hospital weighing 165 pounds, 30 pounds more than I weighed when I got pregnant. I stayed at that weight while breastfeeding. When I stopped, I was in for a shock. I gained 30 pounds in less than 2 months. And had some other pcos symptoms I had dealt with for years get much worse (total confusion at the time). That was 1994.

Many diets, pills, exercise plans, not to mention tears later, I was diagnosed with Pcos in 1998 after 2 years of infertility. I had had the symptoms since 1984. My weight was not an issue for me before my first pregnancy. I did have many of the other pcos symptoms though. From 1998 to 2003 we spent a small fortune trying to get pregnant. My weight fluctuated between 184 and 206. In 2003 I hit rock bottom. I lost my job and could not afford the treatments anymore. I was depressed, fat, broke, and infertile. Which was all quite a catalyst for a big pity party and boy did I throw one. My problem is no one wanted to come. Unless you have been there you don't really understand. I didn't know anyone else who had been there. My party lasted about 3 months and then one day I decided to shave my beard(Thank you pcos). I had gotten lazy about it over the last few months. Oh, did I mention I have a wonderful, understanding and handsome husband! As I looked in the mirror it occured to me that I have a beautiful daughter, great husband and there are many other people much worse off than me. Get over it!!

I called my endocronoligist, made an appointment, started back low carbing (I had had some success with it before) and started back exercising. (exercised regularly before my party) I came to the realization that I was only going to be blessed with one child and had made my own peace with that. 6 months later, 8 pounds lighter, I was pregnant! I was extremely focused with my food during pregnancy, even with the gestational diabetes. Came home weighing 20 pounds more than when I got pregnant. Low carbed right off the bat, 9 months later back to 185. And stuck there. So... I gave up. Until now.

Fast forward to today. I've lost and gained the same 7 pounds in the last 3 years it's laughable. I'm ready for change my life for good. I have researched or been on many diets over the years and I know it's burn more than go in but with the pcos it's not that simple. I have decided to go on the "cave-man" diet or paleolithic diet right after the holidays. I will be watching the carbs more than the diet calls for just because of the pcos. I will also start back on my exercise program. I'm bound and determined to not quit and stay on this program. Before I found this site I signed up for another blog and plan on documenting my progress. In my mind I've told myself that 2008 is my year.

Are there any pcos women here that have done the paleolithic diet? What results have you seen? Actually, I would be interested in anyones results on this diet. My whole family is doing this with me. If they want processed junk they offered to get it at school and work.

Think that's it.

Lusetta
  • I hope you do not mind my copying your format. Here is some info about me.

DATE: January 4, 2008

USERNAME/REAL NAME: slimmedown - real name is Tara

BIRTHDAY: January 9

MARITAL STATUS: Married

SPOUSE’S NAME: Steve

CHILDREN/AGES: 2 girls - 13 years & 7 years

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to quilt!

TOP WEIGHT: 194 lbs.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 194 lbs.

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 lbs.

HEIGHT: 5' 4"

EYE COLOR: Green/Brown

HAIR COLOR: Blond/Light Brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kentucky

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Motivation and exercise!

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My youngest daughter is making comments when she sees commercials for diet food. She tells me if I eat those things that I will be skinny. Apparently, it is time to shed to weight.