3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support-70/)
-   -   6 week Walking Schedule (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos-insulin-resistance-support/296187-6-week-walking-schedule.html)

astrophe 05-25-2014 04:41 PM

6 week Walking Schedule

Ok, so I've gotten to a place with eldercare that's stable, and I've dealt with the vitamin deficiency problems and the sleep problems. So I think I'm at a place where I can actually work on the exercise problem.

I'm having a really hard time incorporating regular fitness at a level I can deal with. I found this 6 week walking schedule that looks doable and plan to start tomorrow.

If any other PCOS beginner's want to join in, I'd love company!

http://www.commonhealth.virginia.gov...alkingplan.pdf

I'm not shooting for perfection, just "passing grade" -- of course I'm hoping for better than a "D" 60% completed, but I'll take a 60%! 60% is way better than 0% (which is what it has been for ages.)

Gotta start somewhere right? And be realistic about my PCOS/time/eldercare challenges. So hoping for better than that, but promising myself to be ok and call it celebration at the 60% bench mark.

Here's goes...

A.

Rana 05-26-2014 02:02 PM

Good luck, astrophe! I hope you get to the point that I did -- exercise is so critical for my well-being, not for my weight loss... :)

I'll be cheering you on from here!:cheer3::cheer3:

astrophe 05-26-2014 10:53 PM

Thanks, Rana!

Today was scheduled as easy 5-10 min, 2 min break, easy 5-10 min.

I went with 15, took a break, and went another 15 min because I was having a nice time.

A.

astrophe 05-28-2014 12:13 AM

Today was 10-15 min. I did 20 and called it good. Go me!

A.

Wannabehealthy 05-28-2014 02:09 PM

I do not have PCOS, but I just noticed the name of your thread and decided to peek in to see what it was about. I think this is GREAT! I just read the following article in my local newspaper.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/hea...s/201405280057

astrophe 05-29-2014 12:39 AM

Thanks for the link!

Today was a suggested 10-20 min. I went 30 min. Also keeping up my food log with it.

So far so good!

A.

Rana 05-29-2014 05:09 PM

YAY!!!! Awesome!!!

astrophe 05-29-2014 11:35 PM

Today was walk 10-15 min but I flipped it with tomorrow's "rest day" because of eldercare. I was worn out to the nubbins and having a bagel on the road sent me into carb coma. I had the same problem last week -- finding self in a bind running errands and the family went with subway. I prefer boston market for "on the road" fast food but clearly I need to make a "safe list" from fast food places!

A.

Rana 05-31-2014 08:05 AM

I have a "safe" food list too and yes, I highly recommend. Will power is not enough sometimes -- it's a question of building habits and avoiding temptation!

mam1958 05-31-2014 09:02 AM

Rana,

That is a great idea. Buildings habits not willpower. I am gonna write it out and put in on my frig.

DUH why didn't I ever think of that.

:^:

astrophe 06-02-2014 12:26 AM

So far I'm on track for week 1.

I saw some weight loss too -- I'm not sure if it is going to "stick" or what because I tend to "visit" a weight like "on the fence" before it moves down for good.

Here's to week 2!

The plan is 10-20 min, so I'll check back in later to "cross it off" my list.

Go me! :carrot:

A.

astrophe 06-03-2014 01:58 AM

Nailed it with some yoga.

Enjoying a cup of jasmine tea at the end of my day. Over the weekend I got a massage to help my tight neck -- so all's good.

Go me!

A.

moonkissed 06-03-2014 11:53 AM

:carrot: awesome job! That seems like a great plan.

I am trying to build up my walking too. I am so out of shape & used to just sitting on my butt all day that anything seemed like alot for me. So I am starting with just walking and going to build up my fitness.

I am taking 25-30 min walk 5-6 days a week and then going in add in a second walk everyday in the evening. Taking my dog for a walk so it really helps me to get up and going.

astrophe 06-04-2014 11:17 PM

• Tues: Another yoga for me.
  • Wed: Swapped out with Fri Rest.
  • Thurs: goal is 10-15 walk. Actual was yoga.
  • Fri: goal is 15-25 min walk Actual was bowling.
  • Weekend: goal 15-20 min walk. Actual was bowling.

I'm doing ok even though I have to jiggle rest days around.

WTG moonkissed! Keep at it. And check in -- I don't mind encouraging others. :)

ETA: I keep experimenting with activities and find I enjoy it.
A.

astrophe 06-12-2014 09:02 AM

WEEK 3

Planned
  • Mon: Walk 15 - 25 min
  • Tues Walk 15-20 min
  • Wed walk 15 - 25 min
  • Thurs: walk 15 - 20 min
  • Fri: Rest
  • Weekend: 15-20 min

Actual
  • Mon: REST. I haven't been bowling in a while and it wore me out.
  • Tues: Deep clean the house. Made a HUGE dent in a mountain of moving boxes.
  • Wed: yoga
  • Thurs:
  • Fri:

Chugging along. Being flexible about it but knocking it out. Go me! :carrot:

A.