PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 09:46 AM   #1  

Talking I am new here....

Hi everyone, I am new to the board and I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Angie and I am 29 years old. I live in St. Louis, Missouri with my husband Jeff (26) and our son Joshua who will be turning 1 year old on July 3rd. I was diagnosed with PCOS last April. Wehn I was diagnosed I pretty much already knew that is what I had but the verification by the doctor still came as a little bit of a shock for me. My DH and I had tried getting pregnant and we had never used birth control in our relationship. When we decided to start a family I went to my old OBGYN and he gave me Clomid and Provera, because I never had periods on my own and I did not ovulate. After 4 months without success on the Clomid and Provera I researched online and found out about PCOS. Dh and I decided to stop taking the drugs and I decided to find a new doctor who was interested in finding the cause of my infertility no just prescribing medication and upping the dosage. After a 6 month break I went to a new OB and he did some tests and said that yes, I did have PCOS, along with the tests he did a pregnancy test and an ultrasound to check for cyst. During the ultrasound they found my baby boy! To my suprise (and everyone elses) I was 6 1/2 months pregnant. Eight weeks later I had a healthy 6lb. 7oz. baby boy. During te last 8 weeks it was rough, I had gestational diabetes and by that time it was too late to control it with diet so I had to give myself Insulin injections twice a day, but he is well worth it! He is now almost a year old and running all over the place and DH and I are talking about trying for number 2 in the next few months.

That is my story in a nutshell. Clomid and Provera worked for me the last month I took it but HPT's were all negative. I am still not haveing periods very often but they are coming every 3 months or so now, where before I never had any at all, so that is a plus I guess. I still don't think I am ovulating though but I guess we will find that out when we start trying again. Right now I am on Weight Watchers and going to Curves three times a week to lose weight before we start again. It was so hard being pregnant and weighing so much.

I hope I didn't bore you all! I hope you don't mind me joining you all, I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Thanks,
Angie
Closed Thread