Got my real period back?

• Since I've been diagnosed with PCOS, I've been on birth control because I was having about 2 periods a year. I was told that weight loss possibly would improve my condition. In the past few months I've been losing weight and I am currently at a 15 lb. reduction from what I had been. I've also been excersizing. Last month and this month I've had spotting for a couple days in the 2nd week of my pills and not feeling so great, and it's not because I missed pills or anything. Could I be getting my period back? My mom thinks that it's a release of estrogen because estrogen is stored in fat and so it's throwing my body off its system. What to you all think? Sorry if there was TMI.
  • You may be. Are they only giving you the pill, have you and your doctor discussed metformin?? And your body may just be getting use to everything, the weight loss, the pill - hopefully you get your period back!! I love how you called it a "real period" because right now I'm bleeding from a cyst popping and I call it "cyst blood" lol.
  • We didn't talk about metformin, no. But I really hope it's my period and not just wacked out hormones.